PDA

View Full Version : Preseason AFC Power Rankings

Bills232
05-09-2007, 02:49 PM
1.San Diego Chargers- They are my pick to win the superbowl. Should have won last year, and didn't lose anyone important from that team.

2.Indianapolis Colts- They are the champs, and beat the Patriots last year. I still think they have a better offense than New England.

3.New England Patriots- I think they will dissapoint, but as of right now they are a top flight team.

4.Pittsburgh Steelers- This team still has a ton of talent, and as long as their new coaching staff is competent I think they win their division

5.Baltimore Ravens- I don't think Steve McNair has enough left in the tank to get them to the superbowl, but they are a pretty nasty team. Not fun to play

6.Jacksonville Jaguars- They are probably the most physical team in the NFL. I think they put it together this year, and challenge the Colts for the division.

7.Cincinatti Bengals- They have a great QB, and as a result they will have a chance to win every game.

8.Denver Broncos- I think this team will really dissapoint this year. I'm still not sold on Jay Cutler, and their whole team is getting old; especially their oline.

9.Buffalo Bills- The Bills will surprise people this year. I am already in love with Marshawn Lynch, and think(behind Dockery) he will run for 1400 yards in his rookie season. As a result that will open up things for Losman and Evans. The defense will have problems stopping the run however.

10. NY Jets- A solid but unspectacular team. They have a chance to make the playoffs, but 7-9/8-8 seems more likely

11.Kansas City Chiefs- They don't have stability at QB, and Larry Johnson is coming off a 400 carry year. This team could be in trouble

12.Cleveland Browns- They seem to be building a solid offense. Their defense should also improve

13.Miami Dolphins- I think they will be better than people think, but as of right now all I see is an overweight RB, rookie QB, and patchwork oline.

14.Oakland Raiders- They have actually built a very good young defense, and their offense should be coming around. I can't put them too high coming off a 2-14 year though, and they remind me a little of 2005 Bills.

15.Tennessee Titans- I think they are going to struggle this year. Vince Young is a stud, but they really didn't surround him with a ton of talent.

16.Houston Texans- I think this team sucks... Maybe they will prove me wrong?

TacklingDummy
05-09-2007, 02:54 PM

2 of JPs 8 wins as starter came against Houston.

I doubt the Chargers will make it to the Super Bowl.

justasportsfan
05-09-2007, 03:15 PM
Only a dummy would try to discuss that rankings.... Oh wait

:jk:

gr8slayer
05-09-2007, 03:17 PM
2 of JPs 8 wins as starter came against Houston.

I doubt the Chargers will make it to the Super Bowl.
Uh oh, here we go again.

DynaPaul
05-09-2007, 04:18 PM
Oh wow, preseason rankings. Let's all put a lot of stock in that. I do agree with the bottom three though. There's no helping those teams.

ublinkwescore
05-09-2007, 06:09 PM
We should be ranked above Cincy, Denver and Jacksonville.

Pittsburgh is too high.

The Answer
05-09-2007, 06:12 PM
1.San Diego Chargers- They are my pick to win the superbowl. Should have won last year, and didn't lose anyone important from that team.

2.Indianapolis Colts- They are the champs, and beat the Patriots last year. I still think they have a better offense than New England.

3.New England Patriots- I think they will dissapoint, but as of right now they are a top flight team.

4.Pittsburgh Steelers- This team still has a ton of talent, and as long as their new coaching staff is competent I think they win their division

5.Baltimore Ravens- I don't think Steve McNair has enough left in the tank to get them to the superbowl, but they are a pretty nasty team. Not fun to play

6.Jacksonville Jaguars- They are probably the most physical team in the NFL. I think they put it together this year, and challenge the Colts for the division.

7.Cincinatti Bengals- They have a great QB, and as a result they will have a chance to win every game.

8.Denver Broncos- I think this team will really dissapoint this year. I'm still not sold on Jay Cutler, and their whole team is getting old; especially their oline.

9.Buffalo Bills- The Bills will surprise people this year. I am already in love with Marshawn Lynch, and think(behind Dockery) he will run for 1400 yards in his rookie season. As a result that will open up things for Losman and Evans. The defense will have problems stopping the run however.

10. NY Jets- A solid but unspectacular team. They have a chance to make the playoffs, but 7-9/8-8 seems more likely

11.Kansas City Chiefs- They don't have stability at QB, and Larry Johnson is coming off a 400 carry year. This team could be in trouble

12.Cleveland Browns- They seem to be building a solid offense. Their defense should also improve

13.Miami Dolphins- I think they will be better than people think, but as of right now all I see is an overweight RB, rookie QB, and patchwork oline.

14.Oakland Raiders- They have actually built a very good young defense, and their offense should be coming around. I can't put them too high coming off a 2-14 year though, and they remind me a little of 2005 Bills.

15.Tennessee Titans- I think they are going to struggle this year. Vince Young is a stud, but they really didn't surround him with a ton of talent.

Those are actually pretty solid - However Titans are going to be dangerous as long as VY avoids the dreaded Madden curse.

~The Answer

HHURRICANE
05-09-2007, 08:03 PM
I thought the Bills summary was right on. Coy Wire is going to suck as a starting LB after one of three get hurt early.

Bling
05-09-2007, 08:39 PM
1. NE
2 Baltimore (McGahee is going to be a stud)
3. Indy
4. Pittsburgh (rebirth of Roethlisbeger)
5. San Diego (Norv is worst HC in the league)
6. Denver
7. Jax
8. Jets
9. Bengals (would be better, but play in his hardest division)
10. Tennessee
11. KC Chiefs
12. Buffalo
13. Miami (Miami can jump in front of Tennessee if they have a decent QB i.e. Trent Green and if Carey turns out at LT. They have playmakers at WR and RB. Of course, the two must important positions on offense are shaky.)
14. Oakland
15. Houston
16. Cleveland (Crennel will get free pass despite Quinn's struggle)

Generalissimus Gibby
05-09-2007, 09:04 PM

Very good list, but as long as the Titans don't lose Young they will be much higher than this. I'd move the Chargers down to Third and keep the Colts at 1 and move the pats to 2. I will also say you need to move us above Denver and you have Jacksonville way too high. Other than that a very solid and realistic list.

feldspar
05-10-2007, 12:04 AM
Coy Wire is going to suck as a starting LB after one of three get hurt early.

He played LB in college. We tried to turn him into a safety, and it didn't work. I think he will be a better LB than S. He can hit pretty hard.

feelthepain
05-10-2007, 06:30 AM
We should be ranked above Cincy, Denver and Jacksonville.

Pittsburgh is too high.

..................:roflmao:

YoungMoney
05-10-2007, 08:39 AM
My Top 10

1. Indianapolis Colts- They're on top untill they're beat.

2.New England Patriots- If they can come together and play like a "Team" they will be unbeatable.

3. San Diego Chargers- They're offense is going to be even better this season, the lose of Edwards will hurt though.

4. Denver Broncos- Best CB tandem, one of the best LB corps still, best running game, and they finnaly have a proven runner.

5. Baltimore Ravens- With a decent QB, and that defense they'll have a chance to win every week.

6. Cincinatti Bengals- Potent offense, but can they stop anyone?

7. KC Chiefs- Got another WR, better defense, arguably the best RB.

8. Buffalo Bills- Could be even higher with a better D.

9. Jacksonville Jaguars- Need to stay away from injuries (esp Leftwich)

10 Steelers- Losing Porter will hurt.