PDA

View Full Version : Bills waive Wright,

feelthepain
05-09-2007, 04:22 PM
Wow, as bad as the Bills are in need of a big body they let Wright go after just one week.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=3156

Devin
05-09-2007, 04:24 PM
Yeah im guessing something had to have happened, over weight, excessive sobbing.....etc

shelby
05-09-2007, 04:27 PM
Quoted from the above link:

Bills waived DT Manuel Wright.

The former USC star likely showed up to Bills camp overweight. We'll see if Wright makes it through waivers this time; the bet here is he will.

BillsFever21
05-09-2007, 04:31 PM
The funny thing is some people here were already penciling him in as a great addition to our rotation. LOL

Generalissimus Gibby
05-09-2007, 04:32 PM
Wonder if Dick will be able to make him cry.

gr8slayer
05-09-2007, 05:16 PM
Wow, as bad as the Bills are in need of a big body they let Wright go after just one week.

Bad enough to kick your asses.

Michael82
05-09-2007, 05:19 PM
:rofl: Poor guy.

Bmax
05-09-2007, 05:28 PM
According to Chris Brown Wright said he needed to lose about 30 lbs....

Bmax

BILLSROCK1212
05-09-2007, 05:50 PM
According to Chris Brown Wright said he needed to lose about 30 lbs....

Bmaxyea....i just dont understand....why not keep the guy until he has a chance to actually prove himself....must have made a really bad first impression

SoCalBillsFan
05-09-2007, 05:57 PM
That's comical!

TheGhostofJimKelly
05-09-2007, 06:04 PM
The funny thing is some people here were already penciling him in as a great addition to our rotation. LOL

Was that you? Because I don't recall seeing anyone here saying nothing more than he is worth a shot or he has talent and he comes at league minimum. If you can find a post that said this was a great signing, please correct me.

casdhf
05-09-2007, 06:22 PM
Maybe we're about to pick someone else up?

X-Era
05-09-2007, 06:53 PM

The Bills are actually NOT in need of a DT. Wright was nothing more than a long shot.

Tripplett, Walker, Williams, McCargo, Hargrove...notice I didnt mention Tim Anderson, he will be cut IMO.

We actually are more solid than the Fins at DT.

YoungMoney
05-09-2007, 07:08 PM
Maybe we're about to pick someone else up?Or maybe he was just a waste of space...fat ****!

Bills232
05-09-2007, 07:25 PM
Its pretty funny...

Everyone was saying how it was a good idea to give him a "look"..

Well..

Dick and Marv gave him and look, and didn't like what they saw..

POST EDITED FOR TOS VIOLATION -DB

ShadowHawk7
05-09-2007, 07:28 PM
I'll admit, I thought he would serve some use for us. My bad. We needed all the help we could get.

feelthepain
05-09-2007, 07:33 PM
The Bills are actually NOT in need of a DT. Wright was nothing more than a long shot.

Tripplett, Walker, Williams, McCargo, Hargrove...notice I didnt mention Tim Anderson, he will be cut IMO.

We actually are more solid than the Fins at DT.

All of them are under 300 lbs, none of them have the ability to take on multiple blockers and shut down the running game. The cover two will not now or ever help the Bills stop teams from running the ball. Teams can be one dimensional against the Bills.

Miami's two NT's are Kieth Traylor (337) and Paul Soliai (344) both two gap NT's both will force the ball outside making it eaiser for the DB's in run support basically giving RB's no place to run. That's what the Bills need at the NT or DT position big wide bodies that will clog holes and force the ball to the outside. Your smallish DT will get handled again.

YoungMoney
05-09-2007, 07:49 PM
All of them are under 300 lbs, none of them have the ability to take on multiple blockers and shut down the running game. The cover two will not now or ever help the Bills stop teams from running the ball. Teams can be one dimensional against the Bills.

Miami's two NT's are Kieth Traylor (337) and Paul Soliai (344) both two gap NT's both will force the ball outside making it eaiser for the DB's in run support basically giving RB's no place to run. That's what the Bills need at the NT or DT position big wide bodies that will clog holes and force the ball to the outside. Your smallish DT will get handled again.
Yeah but your not in a cover 2 so it's different. Warren Sapp is one of the greatest Cover 2 dt's of all time what's his weight now 280 sumtin?

HHURRICANE
05-09-2007, 07:52 PM
That's sad. We should all be saying a prayer for this guy. His whole career destroyed by chronic depression. I'm usually one to make light of things like this but I really feel bad for the guy.

dolphan117
05-09-2007, 08:07 PM
That's sad. We should all be saying a prayer for this guy. His whole career destroyed by chronic depression. I'm usually one to make light of things like this but I really feel bad for the guy.That's kinda how I feel too...... Although a wast like this irritates the hell out of me at the same time.

Bling
05-09-2007, 08:22 PM
That's sad. We should all be saying a prayer for this guy. His whole career destroyed by chronic depression. I'm usually one to make light of things like this but I really feel bad for the guy.

:rofl: You feel bad for him, but you don't Ricky? At least Ricky found marijiuana, and tried dealing with his problems. Wright is just a fat bum.

Jan Reimers
05-09-2007, 08:30 PM
I never actually saw Wright's name on our roster, so I kind of figured something wasn't right.

I feel bad for the guy, but Marv likes self-motivated, hard working players, and Wright just doesn't fit the role.

TigerJ
05-09-2007, 08:36 PM
I wonder if maybe he just decided he didn't want to play football.

TigerJ
05-09-2007, 08:51 PM

Actually McCargo and Williams have gained some weight and now are over 300 lbs. Chicago's DTs are both listed at exactly 300 lbs. Tampa's are listed at 297 and 290. Part of the problem is that the Tampa 2 defense seems to place a premium on discipline on the part of defensive players, including DTs. They have to stay in their gaps or the running backs are going to wave bye bye. Except for Tripplett, they were all new to the system, and it takes a while for players to really get that discipline down. Chicago is proof that the Tampa 2 can stop the run without behemoth DTs.

I guess Fewell and others have said the Bills may experiment a little with a two gap DT at some point. LaRon Harris is on the roster, but I suspect he'll go on the PS to get some seasoning before the Bills can expect him to play at all. He's just too green to expect anything this season.

With Manny Wright gone, Tim Anderson may have gotten a reprieve. He has put on quite a bit of weight this offseason. I have know idea if that will make him any more effective. He is now listed at 328.

HHURRICANE
05-09-2007, 09:25 PM
:rofl: You feel bad for him, but you don't Ricky? At least Ricky found marijiuana, and tried dealing with his problems. Wright is just a fat bum.

Obviously, you never read my posts about Ricky. I said the same thing. Maybe you should check out stuff before attacking the poster.

I will say that this kid is like an 8 out of 10 and Ricky is more like a 5.

DraftBoy
05-09-2007, 09:34 PM
I thought it was a good pickup, but the kid cant keep his weight down, so we have no use for him here

Al13
05-09-2007, 09:44 PM
what a waste of talent

feelthepain
05-09-2007, 09:49 PM

You make a bad joke about Daunte's mother dying, but feel sorry for fatboy being to lazy to get himself in shape to make 100's of thousands of dollars???
You're the one who's sad!

gr8slayer
05-09-2007, 09:57 PM

Your lack of football knowledge is showing yet again.

The Tampa 2 does not require, or prefer 300+ pound DT's. It is a Defense predicated on hitting the gaps.

Do yourself a favor and go get baned from another Dolphins message board you worthless waste of space.

The Spaz
05-09-2007, 11:14 PM
I never actually saw Wright's name on our roster, so I kind of figured something wasn't right.

I feel bad for the guy, but Marv likes self-motivated, hard working players, and Wright just doesn't fit the role.

I saw and thought the same thing.

X-Era
05-10-2007, 05:55 AM

Only thing that got "handled" was the Fins....twice!

So you have one marginal starter, and a rookie, but no depth.

Sorry, we have two marginal vet starters, and two youngsters with a year under their belts.

No, enjoy the broom yet again this year! Its SWEEP time baby. But thats what you do with the sh-t that gets stuck to the bottom of your shoes, you sweep it up and throw it away.

Fins=sh-t

Stewie
05-10-2007, 07:34 AM
rofl lol I thought he finally grew up.. he was going to be an all star! he was michael jordan, warren sapp and tiger woods rolled into one! he was unstoppable.

hahaha

loser

Earthquake Enyart
05-10-2007, 08:16 AM
Wonder if he cried when we cut him?

He may be crying right now!

YoungMoney
05-10-2007, 08:25 AM

And the whole way to McDonalds.

mysticsoto
05-10-2007, 08:29 AM

He should join FTP. He's stilly crying over his savior, Saban, dumping his team.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
05-10-2007, 09:03 AM
The only way this guy is going to have a chance to play in the NFL again is if he is motivated. Keeping him on our roster through the summer is not a motivator.
Waiving him and sending him the message that it's do or die is a motivator. Here's hoping that the guy re-evaluates his life, pulls himself up out of the gutter, and makes something of himself. The Bills did not need his distraction.

BillsFever21
05-10-2007, 09:21 AM
Was that you? Because I don't recall seeing anyone here saying nothing more than he is worth a shot or he has talent and he comes at league minimum. If you can find a post that said this was a great signing, please correct me.

I have more of a life then to sift through 3,000 posts to try and find the few who said it. Look at some of the predictions for our depth chart for one. He was listed on there.

mysticsoto
05-10-2007, 09:51 AM
I have more of a life then to sift through 3,000 posts to try and find the few who said it. Look at some of the predictions for our depth chart for one. He was listed on there.

One of the things to take into account is that he was likely let go b'cse of motivational/weight issues - not b'cse of lack of talent. Unfortunately, without motivation - talent means nothing. We learned a thorough lesson on that with Mike Williams.

Earthquake Enyart
05-10-2007, 09:58 AM
Is it wrong for a big fat tub of goo to cry?

finsrclowns
05-10-2007, 11:35 AM
Your smallish DT will get handled again.

3 points in 2 games and you think you have room for smack?:loser:

tat2dmike77
05-10-2007, 11:58 AM
3 points in 2 games and you think you have room for smack?:loser:

Ofcourse they do. Most of the fans from the city down there think tedd ginn is going to be thier savior. Much like how murlarky was going to show the NFL he still is an offensive genius. Along with saban returning miami to glory as well.

HHURRICANE
05-10-2007, 06:55 PM
You make a bad joke about Daunte's mother dying, but feel sorry for fatboy being to lazy to get himself in shape to make 100's of thousands of dollars???
You're the one who's sad!

Big difference between a woman dying at 92 after living her whole life and a young man going through this with his whole life ahead of him.