PDA

View Full Version : Moulds to Buffalo won't, and shouldn't, happen

Don't Panic
05-10-2007, 04:43 AM
http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/2007/05/bills-ericmoulds-shouldnthappen100507.html

Additionally, the 11-year veteran unfortunately has not been able to liberate himself from his nasty tendency to throw young quarterbacks under the mower blades. After Houston jettisoned Moulds a few months back, he ran to a local paper and, regarding erstwhile Texans starter David Carr, moaned, "The quarterback has to show that he can carry (the team)." Never was Carr's lack of a strong surrounding cast ever so unintentionally illustrated. Is it entirely the quarterback's fault that Moulds gained a total of 557 measly yards last season? Or is the 1996 first-round pick from Mississippi State just upset that once again a young receiver, in this case Andre Johnson, outshined him?
Of course, it was never Moulds' fault that Bills QB J.P. Losman struggled early in his career, either, which in the receiver's deluded mind justified him moaning about his QB and refusing to allow the promising young franchise signal caller time to develop. This was the same time Moulds intimated that Captain Stopgap himself, Kelly Holcomb, was the best option for the Bills, an opinion as mutinous as it was illusory.
The whining was nothing novel from Moulds. Don't forget that his spiral out of Buffalo began when the Bills were manhandling the Dolphins late in 2005 during a game where they eventually self-destructed, and he threw a fit on the sidelines reportedly because Lee Evans had caught three touchdown passes to his zero. Moulds couldn't be happy about either Evans' or his team's success, and his egregiously selfish tantrum embodied everything wrong with his attitude.

Even as a former fan of the guy, I have to admit that there's very little sense in bringing him back at this stage of the game.

Night Train
05-10-2007, 05:00 AM
Probably had 10 threads discussing whether bringing back Moulds is a good idea. The answer is always no. He's done here.

Don't Panic
05-10-2007, 06:02 AM
10 threads on the same subject? That's a first!

Mitchy moo
05-10-2007, 06:26 AM
Moulds deserves credit for sticking w/ Buffalo but he is not a team player.

mybills
05-10-2007, 06:54 AM
Who said anything about bringing him back?
btw, where is he now?

TacklingDummy
05-10-2007, 07:08 AM
I feel sorry for Moulds. He had to put up with QBs like Van Pelt, Todd Collins, Billy Joe Hobert, Rob Johnson, JP Losman, Drew Bledsoe, and David Carr his whole career.

Ebenezer
05-10-2007, 07:12 AM
I will take him back at the minimum...if he can't help then cut him.

Bert102176
05-10-2007, 07:34 AM
for the vet minimum what would it hurt I always liked him and would like to see him back

madness
05-10-2007, 08:00 AM
Who said anything about bringing him back?
btw, where is he now?

No, you can't bring your Moulds jersey out of retirement.

Elminster
05-10-2007, 09:24 AM
Peerless Price is better on and off the field at this point. Josh Reed too, I'd wager. Moulds is washed up, and he's the first to deny it...but it's true....

Jan Reimers
05-10-2007, 09:43 AM
I will take him back at the minimum...if he can't help then cut him.
Once you've had a cancerous growth removed, why would you want it back?

We are trying to build a team with chemistry and cohesion. Moulds is not that kind of player, as he demonstrated with his disdain for Losman, and his whining to the coaching staff his last season here.

BillsFever21
05-10-2007, 09:48 AM
No way should Moulds be brought back. I wouldn't take him for free. He is selfish and in the later stages of his career he has been a lockerroom cancer.

gr8slayer
05-10-2007, 09:51 AM
Man **** Moulds. He didn't want to play with J.P. when he was going through his growing pains, why bring him back now.

The last buffalo fan
05-10-2007, 10:06 AM
Man **** Moulds. He didn't want to play with J.P. when he was going through his growing pains, why bring him back now.

JP's payback?? :snicker:

TacklingDummy
05-10-2007, 10:12 AM
Name one other reciever as productive as Moulds who had to put up with 10 different QB in his career.

rschepise
05-10-2007, 10:20 AM
I think we should bring Eric Moulds back. I would love to see him play in slot with Josh Reed. I think he would help us out a lot in Red Zone situations and that way we could move Roscoe, Peerless and Lee around on the outside and take advantage of their speed. Now, I don't think Moulds will ever be the player he was in 1998, but if could get him to be a role player and open things up for Lee and Peerless, I think he could help us out tremendously. I'm not saying he's gonna light it up and make the pro-bowl, but 400 yards and 4 TD's would go a long way for this offense with the array of weapons it would have. Bringing back a receiver like Eric Moulds would make this offense complete, give us a red zone possession receiver, and help us out.

patmoran2006
05-10-2007, 10:44 AM
The only way Moulds' career is going to continue anywhere at this point is if a WR on a team goes down bigtime in training camp and someone gets desperate.

Dr. Lecter
05-10-2007, 10:46 AM
I feel sorry for Moulds. He had to put up with QBs like Van Pelt, Todd Collins, Billy Joe Hobert, Rob Johnson, JP Losman, Drew Bledsoe, and David Carr his whole career.

He also had to put up with Noodle-arm Doug Flutie. You forgot him on the list.

Jan Reimers
05-10-2007, 10:59 AM
I think we should bring Eric Moulds back. I would love to see him play in slot with Josh Reed. I think he would help us out a lot in Red Zone situations and that way we could move Roscoe, Peerless and Lee around on the outside and take advantage of their speed. Now, I don't think Moulds will ever be the player he was in 1998, but if could get him to be a role player and open things up for Lee and Peerless, I think he could help us out tremendously. I'm not saying he's gonna light it up and make the pro-bowl, but 400 yards and 4 TD's would go a long way for this offense with the array of weapons it would have. Bringing back a receiver like Eric Moulds would make this offense complete, give us a red zone possession receiver, and help us out.
Moulds will be 34 this summer, has had seriously declining production the last few years, and had a really bad attitude last time he was here.

He is simply not worth the disruption he would bring to a team that is trying to develop new leadership, a team-first attitude, and an identity as a young, close-knit team.

madness
05-10-2007, 11:01 AM
Name one other reciever as productive as Moulds who had to put up with 10 different QB in his career.

Terrell Owens and Randy Moss come to mind. :::

From this...

"I looked at the weapons they have with Andre (Johnson) and David Carr (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/306268), and I just thought they were missing a couple other players to get them over the top," he said. "And I feel like I'm one of those players that can help them."

"I think now defenses have to play more honest," Moulds said. "They're going to have to account for Andre on the other side. They're going to have to account for me on one side if they double Andre. So our game is going to help each other out and I think it is going to help to make David Carr (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/306268) a more successful quarterback."

"I played with 10 different quarterbacks, and so now that I know that David Carr (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/306268) is the guy, he and I and Andre can just get on the same page and just work," Moulds said. "We look good on paper right now. Now it's up to us to go out there and get it done."

To this...

Moulds said it was Carr who hindered the team's chances, saying that at some point "the quarterback has to show that he can carry (the team)."

It seems like everytime something doesn't go his way, he starts to cry. Maybe his middle name is Shannon for a reason. :girl:

Coach Sal
05-10-2007, 11:10 AM
Moulds was part of possibly the greatest WR draft class in NFL history. Check out the first rounders from 1996:

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>1 Keyshawn Johnson
7 Terry Glenn
18 Eddie Kennison
19 Marvin Harrison
24 Eric Moulds

2nd round notables:
Amani Toomer
Muhsin Muhammad
Bobby Engram

3rd round:
Terrell Owens

5th round:
Joe Horn

I think he can still play. He's always been great at staying in shape and generally very durable throughout his career. He's also been a pretty good blocker as a WR. I wouldn't object to him coming back IF Marv made it clear what his role was and what was expected of him on and off the field. I'm not thrilled with any of our ten #2's right now, so he wouldn't be any worse and can compete for a spot.

But I'm also not losing any sleep over him not returning to Buffalo, either.

</TD><TD align=right></TD><TD align=left></TD><TD align=left></TD><TD align=left></TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left></TD><TD align=right></TD><TD align=left></TD><TD align=left></TD><TD align=left></TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left></TD><TD align=right></TD><TD align=left></TD><TD align=left></TD><TD align=left></TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left></TD><TD align=right></TD><TD align=left></TD><TD align=left></TD><TD align=left></TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left></TD><TD align=right></TD><TD align=left>

</TD><TD align=left></TD><TD align=left></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=right></TD><TD align=left></TD><TD align=left></TD><TD align=left></TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left></TD><TD align=right></TD><TD align=left></TD><TD align=left></TD><TD align=left></TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left></TD><TD align=right></TD><TD align=left></TD><TD align=left></TD><TD align=left></TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left></TD><TD align=right></TD><TD align=left></TD><TD align=left></TD><TD align=left></TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left></TD><TD align=right></TD><TD align=left></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

HAMMER
05-10-2007, 11:23 AM
Moulds is exactly what this team doesn't need. An aging malcontent.

TacklingDummy
05-10-2007, 12:13 PM

I didn't forget Flutie. I left off the 2 best Bills QB since 1983, Kelly and Flutie.

In 10 years in Buffalo he played with 9 different QBs. Moulds career highlights how bad Buffalo's QB situation has been since Kelly retired.

justasportsfan
05-10-2007, 12:41 PM
Flutie gave Moulds his highest nos. in a game and season. Flutie was the perfect qb for Moulds. They complimented each other.

mybills
05-10-2007, 01:15 PM
At the time, he actually had a good reason for wanting Holcomb to take over for JP. JP didn't know what the hell he was doing back then, compared to now. If that made him a jerk for saying something, then I guess I was a jerk, too.

Dr. Lecter
05-10-2007, 01:18 PM
At the time, he actually had a good reason for wanting Holcomb to take over for JP. JP didn't know what the hell he was doing back then, compared to now. If that made him a jerk for saying something, then I guess I was a jerk, too.

There is a difference between a fan and a teammate.

Mr. Miyagi
05-10-2007, 01:26 PM
Moulds should go play for Philly.

They wanted him last year before he signed with Houston. They still need a veteran WR.

And now his buddy Kelly Holcomb is there. It's a match made in heaven.

mybills
05-10-2007, 01:38 PM
but a good reason is a good reason. :;

justasportsfan
05-10-2007, 02:27 PM

and he was watching out for the best interest his teammates and TEAM at that time. They wanted the best possible chance to win and JP wasnt it. That's not JP's fault that's the FO and the coaches fault.

HAMMER
05-10-2007, 03:45 PM

Exactly, Moulds was wrong to throw JP under the bus, then he did it to Carr. There is a pattern here MyBills.