PDA

View Full Version : Jauron Confident In LB Depth

YoungMoney
05-10-2007, 02:51 PM
"I really like it," said Jauron of his stable of linebackers. "The fact is that everybody in that lineup all 10 of them will be competitive."
Link (http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=4782)

Bruce is Loose
05-10-2007, 03:17 PM
That makes one of us

gr8slayer
05-10-2007, 03:19 PM
I'm confident in the depth. I think Stamer should get more playing time myself.

OpIv37
05-10-2007, 03:24 PM
god that quote makes me nervous, because if our starters are as bad as the bottom or even the middle of that 10, we're in deep ****.

Also, people read too much into these articles. Jauron has to keep team morale up and keep the fans motivated. Even if he thinks we have a load of **** at LB, he's not going to say it publicly.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
05-10-2007, 03:24 PM
That is a damn dirty lie.

TigerJ
05-10-2007, 03:25 PM
Maybe the depth is better than I fear. I'm sure we'll find out one way or the other.

OpIv37
05-10-2007, 03:28 PM
Maybe the depth is better than I fear. I'm sure we'll find out one way or the other.

when they're talking about Haggan and Stamer competing for starting positions, it's probably worse than you fear.

But that statement is why I'm taking this quote with a grain of salt- Haggan and Stamer are not NFL-quality starters. I have no problem with camp competition to prove it, but there is NO WAY that Jauron really thinks they're going to start over Poz, Crowell and Ellison.

YoungMoney
05-10-2007, 03:39 PM
Haggan and Stamer
How the hell would you know? Give them a shot!

OpIv37
05-10-2007, 03:42 PM

because I've seen them play and because as bad as the D has been the past couple years, they still couldn't get on the field. They're ST'ers, deal with it.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
05-10-2007, 03:43 PM

Have you seen those guys play in a game? That's how we know.

The last buffalo fan
05-10-2007, 03:51 PM
because I've seen them play and because as bad as the D has been the past couple years, they still couldn't get on the field. They're ST'ers, deal with it.

What else can we fans do?? By the way, you are not Jauron, but thank you for the motivation, anyway.

Saratoga Slim
05-10-2007, 03:53 PM
when they're talking about Haggan and Stamer competing for starting positions, it's probably worse than you fear.

But that statement is why I'm taking this quote with a grain of salt- Haggan and Stamer are not NFL-quality starters. I have no problem with camp competition to prove it, but there is NO WAY that Jauron really thinks they're going to start over Poz, Crowell and Ellison.

Yup. I think this is one of those you can't read too much into.

I hate to say it, but I'm kind of interested to see Coy Wire as a LB again. I DO NOT think he's a starter, but you've got to believe that in this system, he might be much more useful as a backup LB than as a SS.

If Crowell, Ellison and Posluszny play well as starters, I think we probably have adequate depth in case of short-term injury etc. The problem that concerns me is if one or more of them sucks it up or is out for an extended period of time.

casdhf
05-10-2007, 03:56 PM
When the NFL draft concluded the Buffalo Bills had made a key addition to their linebacking corps in second-round pick Paul Poslusznyhttp://www.buffalobills.com/images/relatedicon.gif (http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=4782#). The Penn State product is expected to eventually fill the starting middle linebacker role left vacant by the free agent departure of London Fletcher. But was one premium addition enough to re-tool a linebacking corps that lost two veterans? Eventually? Isn't this guy a starter from day one?

Jan Reimers
05-10-2007, 03:57 PM
I think Wendling has some potential at LB, but that move would leave us thin at safety again.

OpIv37
05-10-2007, 04:38 PM
What else can we fans do?? By the way, you are not Jauron, but thank you for the motivation, anyway.

well apparently Jauron is not Jauron either because our D struggled like hell last year and Haggan still didn't see the field. Stamer was injured but he's been her for like 4 years and still has barely seen the field on D, if at all.

gr8slayer
05-10-2007, 04:40 PM
well apparently Jauron is not Jauron either because our D struggled like hell last year and Haggan still didn't see the field. Stamer was injured but he's been her for like 4 years and still has barely seen the field on D, if at all.
Stamer will get on the field more this year and he will do well.

patmoran2006
05-10-2007, 04:41 PM
Having 10 LB's doesnt give you depth. In this case, it's a hunk of junk.

If you just compare this season to last season. Forget how they left or how they came here and the money. We basically traded London Fletcher and Takeo Spikes for Paul Posluszny, and we have the same crap behind them we did last year.

Im flippin ASTONISHED we never signed a single FA LB, not even for depth, and that we only drafted one LB last month.

justasportsfan
Also, people read too much into these articles. .oh the irony.

patmoran2006
Stamer will get on the field more this year and he will do well. Name me a SINGLE thing you've seen him do defensively that suggests that is true?

gr8slayer
05-10-2007, 04:45 PM
Name me a SINGLE thing you've seen him do defensively that suggests that is true?
Rich friends and junior journalists.

patmoran2006
05-10-2007, 04:51 PM
Rich friends and junior journalists.
You like to be a little smartass dont you.. I've noticed several of your threads lately have been personal digs or stupid comments towards someone, that have absolutely NOTHING to do with the subject.. Maybe its time for a break.

gr8slayer
05-10-2007, 04:56 PM
You like to be a little smartass dont you.. I've noticed several of your threads lately have been personal digs or stupid comments towards someone, that have absolutely NOTHING to do with the subject.. Maybe its time for a break.
You of all people have no place criticizing people and the way they post.

OpIv37
05-10-2007, 04:57 PM
Stamer will get on the field more this year and he will do well.

you tell yourself whatever you have to but our LB depth is awful and I'm not sold on Ellison as a starter.

gr8slayer
05-10-2007, 04:59 PM
you tell yourself whatever you have to but our LB depth is awful and I'm not sold on Ellison as a starter.
Op. You aren't sold on anyone, is there anyone you do approve of on our team (minus Moorman?)

patmoran2006
05-10-2007, 05:00 PM
I'll criticize a post or disagree with a point.. I've been seeing you doing a lot of **** talking as of late.

gr8slayer
05-10-2007, 05:01 PM
I'll criticize a post or disagree with a point.. I've been seeing you doing a lot of **** talking as of late.
You don't like it? There's an ignore button for that. Use it.

OpIv37
05-10-2007, 05:06 PM
Op. You aren't sold on anyone, is there anyone you do approve of on our team (minus Moorman?)

after the way we've been playing, there are very few people on this team who inspire confidence.

Evans is the real deal
Moorman of course
Lindell has really proved his worth the last two years.
Peters
Whitner looks like he'll be solid for us
Schobel

No one else on this team has ever been anything other than average (rookies excluded of course, since they haven't had the opportunity yet).

gr8slayer
05-10-2007, 05:15 PM
after the way we've been playing, there are very few people on this team who inspire confidence.

Evans is the real deal
Moorman of course
Lindell has really proved his worth the last two years.
Peters
Whitner looks like he'll be solid for us
Schobel

No one else on this team has ever been anything other than average (rookies excluded of course, since they haven't had the opportunity yet).
Point well taken.

justasportsfan
05-10-2007, 05:36 PM
haha! now he's gonna cry to the mods that he's a victim of you following him around

gr8slayer
05-10-2007, 06:07 PM
haha! now he's gonna cry to the mods that he's a victim you following him around
I don't really care. Just a messsage board, some people are way too concerned with things that don't really matter in life.

HHURRICANE
05-10-2007, 06:53 PM
That makes one of us

Totally agree. Anybody buying that we are better at linebacker by losing Fletcher and Spikes and adding a rookie aren't thinking clearly.

happyspermwhale
05-10-2007, 08:31 PM
The koolaid flows like wine at OBD....we have no depth at LB and no real proven starter when you think about it.

Only a moron like Jauron would suggest we have depth LOL

BillsFever21
05-10-2007, 08:41 PM
You guys get all excited over nothing. This is one of the reasons why Ralph can put a crap product on the field for almost the last decade for as cheap as possible but still get fans to the game and make millions. Some will believe whatever junk OBD spews at them.

What is Jauron supposed to say? That our LB's suck and that the only one who has proven they should be a starter is Crowell? And that most of our depth who will be playing wouldn't be on the field for most teams? I have yet to hear a coach say a part of their team sucks. I bet if you look at the Bengals articles for the 15 years they didn't do crap all their coaches were saying they thought they had a good team this time of the year.

billsburgh
05-10-2007, 11:54 PM
That makes one of us
the only one that matters really.

Night Train
05-11-2007, 04:28 AM
What did you expect Jauron to say ?

"OMG ! My backup LB's are pathetic ! I'm signing every LB placed on Waivers from now until August !"

I'm hardly worried. I sure like our starters and don't see Haggan,Stamer and Co. as completely hopeless.

alohabillsfan
05-11-2007, 06:00 AM

Again... Our defense "struggled" because our offense was inconsistant!!

YoungMoney
05-11-2007, 08:07 AM
Name me a SINGLE thing you've seen him do defensively that suggests that is true?Goal Line Stop Vs Kevin Jones

YoungMoney
05-11-2007, 08:08 AM
And besides Crowell was just a ST player but he came in and did pretty ****ing well.

gr8slayer
05-11-2007, 08:10 AM
Goal Line Stop Vs Kevin Jones
On top of countless ST plays. Patrica Moron will look for any excuse to piss on the Buffalo Bills, don't mind her.

OpIv37
05-11-2007, 08:19 AM
Again... Our defense "struggled" because our offense was inconsistant!!

typical homer reaction- pass the buck, don't hold anyone accountable, defend mediocre players.

DraftBoy
05-11-2007, 08:24 AM
The three of you will stop this personal pissing contest or you will find another place to post for a little while.

On topic, Im not convinced about our LB depth, and I think the FO made a mistake in not bringing in atleast one more LB. Stamer is a possible cut, and Haggan will stick around for ST. But I dont see how we improved this D hardly at all this offseason, maybe another year of cohesion will help...I hope.

gr8slayer
05-11-2007, 08:38 AM
The three of you will stop this personal pissing contest or you will find another place to post for a little while.

On topic, Im not convinced about our LB depth, and I think the FO made a mistake in not bringing in atleast one more LB. Stamer is a possible cut, and Haggan will stick around for ST. But I dont see how we improved this D hardly at all this offseason, maybe another year of cohesion will help...I hope.
Yeah, the June first cuts have happened and the season is about to start! Oh my! We don't have four more months, what ever shall we do!

BillsFever21
05-11-2007, 10:25 AM
typical homer reaction- pass the buck, don't hold anyone accountable, defend mediocre players.

If the argument was about a poor offense then he would be blaming that on an inconstent defense that could not create many turnovers or put them in good field position a good percentage of the time.

BillsFever21
05-11-2007, 10:31 AM
Yeah, the June first cuts have happened and the season is about to start! Oh my! We don't have four more months, what ever shall we do!

The June 1st cuts aren't that big of a deal like they were 4 years ago or so. Just about every team has a ton of cap space and they don't need to cut players to get/stay under the cap. Last year was a good example because there wasn't crap on the market after June 1st. The only cuts you will see are players that the team just don't think are very good anymore and not because they wanted them but couldn't afford them.

Most of the other 31 teams are trying to build a team and not just go the cheap route with the "cash to cap" theory. They are enjoying all the extra money and using it to sign/keep good players that can help them win. They won't be cutting any players for the sake of not spending anymore then the cap.

Going into the year 10-15 million under the cap for a 2nd straight season when you're already spending 25+ million between 5 average players salaries this year then they would cost on 31 other teams is a good enough indication of where this team is going and how much they are willing to spend to try and win.

DraftBoy
05-11-2007, 04:29 PM

Like BF said June 1st cuts are near what they used to be and with our cash to cap philosophy we may not have a ton of money to spend either.