PDA

View Full Version : Darwin Walker speaks at Vols graduation

Philagape
05-10-2007, 03:29 PM
I just saw this on AP, so I don't know if there's a link yet....

By ELIZABETH A. DAVIS
AP Sports Writer
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - For NFL defensive tackle Darwin Walker, sacking a quarterback takes the same determination as succeeding in the business world.
Walker returned to his alma mater, the University of Tennessee, on Thursday to speak at the College of Engineering's commencement. He told the 215 graduates about "Darwin's keys to success" - vision, focus and persistent determination.
"I always envisioned myself has an NFL football player, as an engineer and as a successful businessperson. These very same tactics I use on the field every Sunday," said Walker, who was recently traded to the Buffalo Bills from Philadelphia.
Walker, 29, played on the Volunteers' 1998 national championship team, earned a bachelor's degree in civil engineering and co-founded a firm in Knoxville after graduation.
Drafted by Philadelphia in 2000, Walker is vice president and chief development officer of Pennoni Associates, an engineering firm based in Philadelphia. He was traded in March.
"When I line up, I have a vision. And my vision is to get to that quarterback, to sack him and hear a thunderous noise from the crowd. I'm sure you guys here have heard it in Neyland Stadium. It goes a little like this," Walker told the graduates.
Then he cupped his hands around the microphone and made a loud whooshing sound. The crowd laughed.
"It's the greatest feeling in the world," he said.

Saratoga Slim
05-10-2007, 03:39 PM
Our new DT is VICE PRESIDENT OF AN ENGINEERING FIRM?!?@!?

I guess that means he'll be sitting with Jauron and Marv on the team plane, as opposed to say Marshawn or Jason Peters.

Devin
05-10-2007, 03:41 PM
Our new DT is VICE PRESIDENT OF AN ENGINEERING FIRM?!?@!?

I guess that means he'll be sitting with Jauron and Marv on the team plane, as opposed to Marshawn or Jason Peters.

:rofl:

Philagape
05-10-2007, 03:50 PM
With Walker in and McGahee out, the team IQ is up about 300 points

casdhf
05-10-2007, 03:51 PM
We cut Wright, too