PDA

View Full Version : Terrible effort, yet again!

Nighthawk
05-10-2007, 08:34 PM
This team's effort has been pretty bad these playoffs and now they don't show up for the 1st game of the Conference Finals. Ruff needs to stop babying these guys and get it through their thick skulls that they need to come to play every game. On a side note, I wouldn't be shocked to see Stafford in there next game for somebody. Pick somebody, Vanek, Roy...whoever, they've been bad for awhile now.

ddaryl
05-10-2007, 08:37 PM
yep

out skated, out hussled, out muscled, out played

the mere fact we have to cringe at the thought of a powerplay is ludicrous

Philagape
05-10-2007, 08:37 PM
It's mental errors as well ... bad passes, bad decisions. For the life of me, I can't understand how a veteran like Kalinin still can't control the puck at the blue line. The team that made fewer mistakes won.

don137
05-10-2007, 08:38 PM
Afinogenov, Goose, Campbell and Miller showed up to play. The rest of the team looked like they were waiting for someone else to step up.

Nighthawk
05-10-2007, 08:39 PM
It absolutely baffles me that this team cannot got motivated with a birth in the Stanley Cup finals on the line! Wake the F**K up!!!!

OpIv37
05-10-2007, 08:41 PM
Khalinin was awful and there is absolutely NO excuse for that last goal. It was beyond horrendous.

HHURRICANE
05-10-2007, 08:43 PM
The Senators aren't that good. We gave them so many opportunities. Bad penalties, bad passes, and bad turnovers!!

SkateZilla
05-10-2007, 08:44 PM
they played a slow arse Isles and Rangers Team, lol, Now they'll wake the eff up,

4 of 6 on the PK is better than I though.. lol.. seriously though,

don137
05-10-2007, 08:47 PM
The Senators aren't that good. We gave them so many opportunities. Bad penalties, bad passes, and bad turnovers!!
I won't say the Senators are not good. They do have talent except goalie. The Sabres has better talent when they want to show up. The Sabres looked like they have not played hockey in 6 months.

pyrrhonist
05-10-2007, 08:48 PM

No---they are that good. That's why they kicked Buffalo's asses. The half-assed play may have worked against the Isles & Rangers (Who together aren't as good as Ottawa, except in net), but it won't fly here. If they play like they did tonight the rest of this series, prepare to be swept. :mad: :mad:

HHURRICANE
05-10-2007, 08:49 PM
I won't say the Senators are not good. They do have talent except goalie. The Sabres has better talent when they want to show up. The Sabres looked like they have not played hockey in 6 months.

I didn't say they weren't good. I said "they aren't that good." Big differenece. It wasn't like we were watching a much better team dominate us. We made tons of mistakes and they made us pay for them.

BlackMetalNinja
05-10-2007, 08:49 PM
Khalinin was awful and there is absolutely NO excuse for that last goal. It was beyond horrendous.

I think he pretty much single handedly was to blame for the first 3 Ottawa goals...

OpIv37
05-10-2007, 08:54 PM
I think he pretty much single handedly was to blame for the first 3 Ottawa goals...

definitely the first two- was he the one right in front of the net on the 3rd goal, or the one who cleared along the boards to the waiting Ottawa player?

pyrrhonist
05-10-2007, 08:56 PM
definitely the first two- was he the one right in front of the net on the 3rd goal, or the one who cleared along the boards to the waiting Ottawa player?

No, that was Teppo. Aye buey, I can see the play in my mind still. :cry:

Philagape
05-10-2007, 09:00 PM
Teppo and Kalinin have reverted to their regular season form :ill:

LABillsFan
05-10-2007, 09:30 PM
The lazy clearing passes out of their zone, the telegraphing of passes, the puck getting caught in their skates because they aren't skating to take a pass, out of position, (yawn) lazy forechecking, care to add?

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
05-10-2007, 10:34 PM
This team's effort has been pretty bad these playoffs and now they don't show up for the 1st game of the Conference Finals. Ruff needs to stop babying these guys and get it through their thick skulls that they need to come to play every game. On a side note, I wouldn't be shocked to see Stafford in there next game for somebody. Pick somebody, Vanek, Roy...whoever, they've been bad for awhile now.

WHA! WHA! WHA! STOP YOUR CRYING IT'S ONLY ONE GAME WE'LL BE FINE! I SAID IN ANOTHER THREAD THAT THIS SERIES IS GOING TO GO ALL 7 AND I'M STICKING TO MY PREDICTION!

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
05-10-2007, 10:37 PM

Jim Lorentz reported that Kalinin was nursing a sore wrist and he had an ice bag on it and he was icing it. That's why I listen to the radio broadcast and not those :clown:'s on VS.

SabreEleven
05-11-2007, 12:00 AM
WHA! WHA! WHA! STOP YOUR CRYING IT'S ONLY ONE GAME WE'LL BE FINE! I SAID IN ANOTHER THREAD THAT THIS SERIES IS GOING TO GO ALL 7 AND I'M STICKING TO MY PREDICTION!

Haven't you been watching the playoffs? This isn't ONE game. This makes about 1 game of of 10 this playoffs.

Buffalogic
05-11-2007, 02:30 AM
Too bad Briere played only like 14 minutes or something. Hard to get our stars out there with so many special team situations.

SabreEleven
05-11-2007, 03:10 AM
Too bad Briere played only like 14 minutes or something. Hard to get our stars out there with so many special team situations.

Really don't think more time was going to do much of a difference with as much as an effort he has been putting out or the lack there of.

shelby
05-11-2007, 04:14 AM
i only saw the last half of the game. What stuck out, to me, is that we were outshot all game long.
We looked downright sloppy at times.
The Sens are a good team, and we need to play harder and smarter if we want to beat them in this series.

BlackMetalNinja
05-11-2007, 04:59 AM

Kalinin was in front of the net, watching the guy who scored go right by him...

tampabay25690
05-11-2007, 07:05 AM
MAybe Im the only one that saw it but, I thought the Sabres had good effort in the 1st period even know we were down 2-0....Ottawa got 2 breaks that let them score. What hurt us was obvious Special teams and Turn overs......Buffalo will come out more disciplined Sat nite and we will go to OTTAWA 1-1......Emery is talking about what to do in Buffalo, has anyone been to OTTAWA boering as **** its in the middle of no where.......

TheGhostofJimKelly
05-11-2007, 07:10 AM
Why does it seem like the Sabres are bored and they are just going through the motions in these playoffs. I don't get it at all.

Michael82
05-11-2007, 10:49 AM
Why does it seem like the Sabres are bored and they are just going through the motions in these playoffs. I don't get it at all.
I've been wondering it myself. Maybe they feel that they havent been challenged enough....:idunno: