PDA

View Full Version : Did Daniel Briere dress tonight?

OpIv37
05-10-2007, 08:35 PM
When is this guy going to show up in the playoffs?

RedEyE
05-10-2007, 08:40 PM
Yes, he was the guy getting schooled in the trenches. I'd strip him of his capt. title.

TacklingDummy
05-10-2007, 09:07 PM
I guess this answer the question Briere or Drury.

OpIv37
05-10-2007, 09:48 PM
I guess this answer the question Briere or Drury.

the whole playoffs have- Drury didn't do that well tonight but he's been much better than Briere throughout the playoffs. In an ideal world we keep both, but if it comes down to a choice, it has to be Drury. He's the one that brings it when it counts the most.

Dr. Lecter
05-10-2007, 10:11 PM
He was bad tonight but had 11 points in 11 games coming into tonight. To say he has not shown up is not accurate (until tonight when he was bad)

Philagape
05-10-2007, 10:22 PM
He was bad tonight but had 11 points in 11 games coming into tonight. To say he has not shown up is not accurate (until tonight when he was bad)

Don't ruin the Jim Rome rhetoric

OpIv37
05-10-2007, 10:24 PM

did you watch the Rangers series? There were two games where he didn't do anything at all and 2 games where he was getting shots but got owned by Lundqvist. He did make that sweet pass to Drury on the wrap-around behind the goal in the last game, but he got shut down in that series.

Meathead
05-10-2007, 10:25 PM
theres no question briere is good. hes most often a force on the ice and in the lockerroom. to focus only on his goal output really isnt fair because hes the best passer on the team and thats really important. i think he deserves the c on his sweater

even so, i have to admit hes been a disappointment so far in the playoffs. he has one significant goal so far in the whole playoffs, and while hes piled up some assists he really hasnt been the steady playmaker either

im willing to give him the benefit of the doubt that its just a lull. but now down a home game in the playoffs hes simply got to step up

i wont totally write him off if he doesnt seriously help the sabres win game 2 but i will be giving him a big push towards the door if he doesnt

lets go danny

Meathead
05-10-2007, 10:27 PM
op - i will never fault a guy for getting robbed by a goalie, and lundqvzxkist certainly did that last series. i just want him to get his quality chances, the numbers will always catch up

but the team needs him now. its time. hes gotta be a force in game two. gotta

Dr. Lecter
05-10-2007, 10:37 PM
did you watch the Rangers series? There were two games where he didn't do anything at all and 2 games where he was getting shots but got owned by Lundqvist. He did make that sweet pass to Drury on the wrap-around behind the goal in the last game, but he got shut down in that series.

No I did not see any of the Rangers series. :rolleyes:

So where and how did he get the 11 points?

And he is hardly the only guy who got owned the Funky Swede.

Ebenezer
05-10-2007, 10:41 PM
Briere was also MIA for the press...Drury stood up like a captain and a man.

Michael82
05-10-2007, 11:07 PM
He was horrible today, but then again...so was the rest of the offense. If they actually had more shots on goal, they could have won this game! Emry looked like I thought he would. :ill:

tampabay25690
05-11-2007, 07:01 AM
When is this guy going to show up in the playoffs?

Next year when hes wearing another jersey. I think this next weeks will be the last we see Daniel Briere in a Buffalo sweater....

TheGhostofJimKelly
05-11-2007, 07:11 AM
Wasn't there a guy here saying how the team needs to keep Briere? He is leading the team in points in the playoffs, I don't know how.

Dr. Lecter
05-11-2007, 07:36 AM
Another about Briere, and this is speculation, but is he hurt? At one point he fell down with nobody around and did not appear to moving well all night. He missed some practices earlier this playoff season too.

don137
05-11-2007, 07:39 AM
Briere was also MIA for the press...Drury stood up like a captain and a man.
I think the fastest Briere moved all night was to the exit after the game so he didn't have to man up for his poor performance.

Bufftp
05-11-2007, 09:12 AM
Did Daniel Briere dress tonight?
Yes, he wore pretty little yellow chiffon number. Lector was quite taken by it.

Philagape
05-11-2007, 10:34 AM
An injury is a lot easier to believe than not giving his best effort.

Dr. Lecter
05-11-2007, 10:50 AM
If you think the players at this level and this time of the year are not trying, you are nuts.