PDA

View Full Version : Versus announcer picked something interesting up

Mitchy moo
05-10-2007, 10:53 PM
They said that it seems that the Sabres have patterns on their PP and go to certain spots when certain things happen and the Ottawa players are actually waiting for the puck to come to that spot and happen to be there just ahead of the Sabres players.

We really looked like they had our PP / PK game plan and drilled just for those instances. During 5-5 we looked good but our ST we're a time to worry. Lindy needs to put the 3rd and 4th line out there for a few PP's and throw them a curve ball. We also need a guy that's cheating behind the Defense to force Ottawa's D guys to stay high on the Blue line and not cheat down.

Meathead
05-10-2007, 11:03 PM
if thats the case a professional organization like the sabres should pick up on that easily and make instant adjustments for game 2

in fact i think its so simplistic that its probably just announcer babble. but actually i hope theyre right cuz it should be an easy thing to fix for guys that earn their money playing the game

i mean predictability is EVERYTHING in sports and if you cant adapt to such an easy observation you dont belong in the playoffs

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
05-10-2007, 11:28 PM
VS. doesn't know anything they're crap! I couldn't stand that announcer that we had tonight he was just terrible him and Emerick I can't stand who we'll probably have on Sat.

SabreEleven
05-10-2007, 11:48 PM
Is it too late to get Scott Arneil in here?

don137
05-11-2007, 05:32 AM
Couldn't agree more...The special teams just have not been the same since he left.

Don't Panic
05-11-2007, 06:36 AM
Game 1 of a series is always a feel-out session. Don't be so quick to dismiss the ease of coaching in these situations. They prpeared well for us and deserve credit. That is actaully good news, because if we adjust as was stated above, we should develop an edge that wasn't there in game 1.

mchurchfie
05-11-2007, 06:41 AM
Good coaching would have made the adjustment by at least the second powerplay. We need someone different to coach special teams immediately. How can you have so much talent and such *****ty special teams???

JD
05-11-2007, 07:18 AM
Well its true. Our powerplay is just SO PREDICTABLE!!

ddaryl
05-11-2007, 07:34 AM
It's in Lindy's court now... he has to draw up the X's and O's and keep the team one step ahead...

Meathead
05-11-2007, 08:38 AM
Game 1 of a series is always a feel-out session. Don't be so quick to dismiss the ease of coaching in these situations. They prpeared well for us and deserve credit. That is actaully good news, because if we adjust as was stated above, we should develop an edge that wasn't there in game 1.
i see a job in the wh in your future

lol but no i agree with you. the sabres have struggled at times playing as the top dog. theyd get a big lead in points then slack. whenever anybody got close they roared ahead. again and again all last half season

it blows monkey chunks that they cant turn it on themselves but i expect them to respond and take game 2

then its get a split in otoewah and good to go

Don't Panic
05-11-2007, 10:09 AM
Right... get the split, make it a best of 5. I still love our chances, we're just going to have to earn it. I'm pretty sure anyone who's been watching knew it wasn't going to be easy at this point.

Michael82
05-11-2007, 10:56 AM
Someone made a point that he's the one who's missing on WGR last night. I totally agree with them. Arniel was the one who would be working with Lindy and holding up the board and going over all the plays with the players. He was the one Lindy leaned on a lot and all that.

Either that or else maybe our special teams are missing Jay McKee, JP Dumont, and even Mike Grier.... :(

Earthquake Enyart
05-11-2007, 11:48 AM
It seemed like they wanted to shoot it in every time so they could run the Ottawa defensemen. They could give a crap about actually scoring a goal.

Jan Reimers
05-11-2007, 12:57 PM
Without our putrid special teams' play, we would have won 2-1. It's really pathetic to give up 2 power play goals, a short handed goal, and an empty netter.

I cringed every time we went on the power play, because the Sens always seemed to have the better scoring opportunities. In retrospect, we were probably lucky to have given up only one short hander.

If we don't get the PP going, this may be a short series. But I think we will.

Does Bobby April know anything about hockey?

Michael82
05-11-2007, 01:59 PM
Without our putrid special teams' play, we would have won 2-1. It's really pathetic to give up 2 power play goals, a short handed goal, and an empty netter.

I cringed every time we went on the power play, because the Sens always seemed to have the better scoring opportunities. In retrospect, we were probably lucky to have given up only one short hander.

If we don't get the PP going, this may be a short series. But I think we will.

Does Bobby April know anything about hockey?
I was actually pissed when I saw Lindy take Miller out of the net. We would have been better leaving it 5-on-5. That gave us another power play and we all know how they are on those. :ill:

ddaryl
05-11-2007, 02:22 PM
They said that it seems that the Sabres have patterns on their PP and go to certain spots when certain things happen and the Ottawa players are actually waiting for the puck to come to that spot and happen to be there just ahead of the Sabres players.

We really looked like they had our PP / PK game plan and drilled just for those instances. During 5-5 we looked good but our ST we're a time to worry. Lindy needs to put the 3rd and 4th line out there for a few PP's and throw them a curve ball. We also need a guy that's cheating behind the Defense to force Ottawa's D guys to stay high on the Blue line and not cheat down.

I've posted this before... It's up to Lindy to draw up the X's and O's make the changes and get these guys in a postion to overcome.

Ottowa and the NYR both seem to be able to read the Sabres on the powerplay IMO.