PDA

View Full Version : Ricky tested positive for Marijuana last month?

mysticsoto
05-11-2007, 10:19 AM
Again? Has he learned nothing?

Miami Dolphins (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=mia) running back Ricky Williams (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=4653) tested positive for marijuana in April and will not be allowed to apply for reinstatement to the NFL until September, sources said.

Williams was suspended last year for violation of the substance abuse policy and was eligible to be reinstated this month, but the league's medical advisors that oversee Williams' personal rehabilitation program recently notified commissioner Roger Goodell of the positive test, sources said.

The doctors also recommended that Williams not be allowed to apply for reinstatement until September, sources said. The commissioner usually adheres to the advice of the medical advisors under the substance abuse policy.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2867381

Pinkerton Security
05-11-2007, 10:21 AM
dude....

him, pacman and chris henry may as well just quit at life, or at least should be castrated so they cannot reproduce anything that would resemble them.

idk how people can be so dumb with so much to gain.

The Spaz
05-11-2007, 10:31 AM
Why the **** can't the NFL just ban this guy from playing forever? What is this guys 3-4 time caught testing positive?

Michael82
05-11-2007, 10:34 AM
:rofl: What a ****ing moron! The good news is that Roger Goodell is in charge. I could see him kicking Ricky out of the league for good if this is true.

Philagape
05-11-2007, 10:36 AM
The NFL has seen the last of Ricky Williams

TacklingDummy
05-11-2007, 10:38 AM
dude....

him, pacman and chris henry may as well just quit at life, or at least should be castrated so they cannot reproduce anything that would resemble them.

idk how people can be so dumb with so much to gain.

Is smoking marijuana really as bad as what Pacman and Henry have done?

Jtowntobuffalo
05-11-2007, 10:38 AM
Ricky must think hes got enough money saved up that he dosn't need to play any more. He can just sit around for the rest of his life and be a pothead.

Night Train
05-11-2007, 10:40 AM
Ricky must think hes got enough money saved up that he dosn't need to play any more. He can just sit around for the rest of his life and be a pothead.

A dream of hundreds here.

TacklingDummy
05-11-2007, 10:43 AM

I thought I read once he has 3 kids by 3 different women and he owes back child support.

Didn't he hire some rapper to negotiate his first NFL contract and he signed for cheap? Ricky has been an idiot from day one.

OpIv37
05-11-2007, 10:47 AM
I agree- if this is true Ricky should get a lifetime ban. Everyone makes mistakes but this situation is just ridiculous- it's time and time again. This guy is just not committed to the game.

I never really understood him. RB's average 4-5 really good years and if they're lucky 3-5 more productive years after that. He could have made millions, retired at 35 and had the rest of his life to party and smoke pot.

THATHURMANATOR
05-11-2007, 10:48 AM
Who cares about weed?

Pinkerton Security
05-11-2007, 10:53 AM
Is smoking marijuana really as bad as what Pacman and Henry have done?

No. I just hate Ricky Williams

ddaryl
05-11-2007, 10:54 AM
1st

the only thing I've ever held against ricky was him quitting on the dolphins. that was a loser move.
You would also think he could obstain from doing this knowing full well it was the only way he would be allowed back into the NFL.

2nd

I just do not have a problem with anyone using pot and wish they would just stop testing for it. I think people who consume alcohol can be just as or more problematic and deserve equal amounts of scorn in comparison to casual mj users... Just way to many resources being wasted here IMO.

Mr. Pink
05-11-2007, 11:00 AM
While I agree that pot isn't really a big deal. It's no worse for you than kicking back and downing a 12 pack. Ricky SHOULD HAVE known better in this situation than to "spark it up."

He violated substance abuse policies in the past, numerous times, and KNEW he was going to be tested again. He needs to be smarter than this. It just shows that he doesn't completely care about his football career or now, the lack there of.

What a waste of talent.

BAM
05-11-2007, 11:05 AM

finfan34
05-11-2007, 11:16 AM
you cant apply for reinstatement until september, either way, im glad we drafted a running back, he is an idiot

Devin
05-11-2007, 11:17 AM
Id say im shocked but im not.

Talk about wasted talent. Ah well, maybe he can try the CFL or Arena league.

dolphan117
05-11-2007, 11:38 AM
Yeah, I really wonder if he goes back to Canada..... He said he loved it there last time and if this is true (and it seems to be) I cant seem him playing another down in the NFL. What a wast.

Mitchy moo
05-11-2007, 12:31 PM
F-him & the fins.

Pinkerton Security
05-11-2007, 12:48 PM
idk why im being so critical of him...

toke it up ricky!! this way you wont even have the opportunity to run for 230 or whatever he had vs. us in the Snow Ball, as i lovingly remember it.

Bling
05-11-2007, 02:39 PM
I've been saying "Go away Ricky" for a while now. Thank God the saga is 99% over. He wasn't even in my mind, I knew drafting Booker meant the last of Ricky.

MDFINFAN
05-11-2007, 05:21 PM
F-him & the fins.

Watch it.

HHURRICANE
05-11-2007, 05:37 PM
I have personally defended Ricky on this site. No more. Socail anxiety disorder and anxiety disorders in general are 90% curable. Matter-of-fact a good CBT can most likely cure you without meds but the meds are there if you need them.Marijuana is not a fix and can actually make the condition worse. He's a douche bag!!! Over and done.

HHURRICANE
05-11-2007, 05:40 PM
I just do not have a problem with anyone using pot and wish they would just stop testing for it.

There is no link between alcohol and the myriad of psychological disorders that can be attributed to just using pot once.

Samphin1
05-11-2007, 06:01 PM
This is great news for Dolphins fans everywhere. I have wanted him gone since he quit on Miami a few years back. I haven't trusted him since then and knew the only reason he came back was because of the 8 million dollars he owed Wayne Huizenga. He has no passion in playing footbal at this level. That stinks since he is one of the most talented running backs ever in terms physical attributes.

However, anyone who thinks Ricky is "dumb" or needs to be smarter than this, doesn't know Ricky. He knows exactly what he is doing. It is no coincidence that this happened right before he was supposed to apply for reinstatement. He doesn't want to play, but he can't quit or Huizenga will come hounding fo rhis money.

He is hoping to get released or stay suspended so that his contract snafu doesn't end up with him paying the Dolphins 8 million dollars that he doesn't have. Good Riddance from this Dolphins fan.

Cameron wanted nothing to do with him anyway and this just put the final nail in the coffin. Cam and Co. are cutting ties with any and all malcontents, perceived or otherwise (Vick, McMichael, Mare, Wright, etc.), and I am all for it.

!Papacrunk!
05-11-2007, 07:15 PM
It's too bad, hopefully he can do what he can to support his family. Good luck to him, just wish he was a bit smarter.

I like what I hear with Lorenzo Booker, but it still wouldn't hurt to pick up a veteran back, but I don't think there really isn't a whole lot of them out there now.

clumping platelets
05-11-2007, 07:40 PM
Ricky smokes :shocked:

happyspermwhale
05-11-2007, 07:50 PM
I would still be interested in signing him, but it looks like his days in the NFL are over with this lated weed bust.

RedEyE
05-11-2007, 07:55 PM
I don't care that he smokes weed, but he must be a complete idiot to think that he can get away with it and out smart league officials. This tells me he has learned nothing. Absolutely nothing.

I bet he was that kid that thought for sure he could flick off the switch on his bedroom wall and make it to the bed before the light went out. I agree with not allowing him back in the league, ever. He's had his chances and there are a thousand other backs out there that would die for the chance at a career that he has had. Move over and let someone else through.

Too bad the only light going out is the one on his career. Waste of talent.

G. Host
05-11-2007, 08:01 PM
I would still be interested in signing him, but it looks like his days in the NFL are over with this lated weed bust.

Nobody believes your act that you are a Bills fan.

mikemac2001
05-11-2007, 09:05 PM
ITs sad to watch because he could have been something really special i hope he gets over his problem...hes always been weird and he just has personal issues in his head

njsue
05-11-2007, 09:46 PM
Once a stupid fool always a stupid fool!