PDA

View Full Version : Walker's Agent Says Bills are "dragging their feet"

patmoran2006
05-11-2007, 12:21 PM
http://www.buffalonews.com/111/story/73300.html

Sounds like this could get serious. Im assuming our FO looked into this enough before the trade and were prepared for this.

Jeff1220
05-11-2007, 01:15 PM
It's not like the pre-draft stuff, the draft itself, and trying to get the picks introduced to the public and signed has been taking up too much of the Bills' FO's time or anything. :rolleyes:
Walker needs to be patient and shut his agent up. If the Bills agreed to extend him before they traded for him, I'm sure they will.

eyedog
05-11-2007, 01:19 PM
I guarantee he will report by Sept. 8th.

I say big deal. Let him sit out if he wants. He has two years left on his contract and no leverage. And he is nothing more than an average d-tackle.

raphael120
05-11-2007, 01:19 PM
They're probably waiting to see which of the unsigned rookie FA's would be good to add, and see what the money situation is then...unless the bills are looking to extend other contracts too...?

Michael82
05-11-2007, 01:24 PM
He'll be here in time for Training Camp. That's all I care about. The Bills have to hold strong with this one or else they will get a bunch more holdouts.... Schobel, Evans, Losman are the first ones who come to mind.... :nervous:

OpIv37
05-11-2007, 01:24 PM
I guarantee he will report by Sept. 8th.

I say big deal. Let him sit out if he wants. He has two years left on his contract and no leverage. And he is nothing more than an average d-tackle.

I don't want him to report Sept 8- I want him to be in mini camp and definitely summer camp so he can learn the D and his role in the scheme. I don't know if I should be pissed at the Bills' FO for not getting this done or at Walker for being impatient and going public, but someone is ****ing around here and it's bad for the team.

Mudflap1
05-11-2007, 01:26 PM
I say play hardball with this guy... the Bills should be extending Schobel, Peters, Evans, Losman if they are going to extend anyone.

Jon

gil
05-11-2007, 01:33 PM
He'll be here in time for Training Camp. That's all I care about. The Bills have to hold strong with this one or else they will get a bunch more holdouts.... Schobel, Evans, Losman are the first ones who come to mind.... :nervous:

Schobel, Evans maybe - at this point in his career JP still doesn't have enough leverage based on his play.

HAMMER
05-11-2007, 01:45 PM
I think the Bills knew what they were getting into here. As Jeff1220 said above, the FO has been pretty busy with other stuff the last month or so. Just have a little patience.

Ickybaluky
05-11-2007, 01:48 PM
I'm flabbergasted by the rhetoric from this guy.

Deion Branch held out last year, but he was a #1 WR and a Super Bowl MVP. Lance Briggs is holding out, but he is a two-time Pro Bowl player.

Walker? He is a role player. Granted, he may be a pretty good role player, but nobody is knocking down the door to build their team around the guy. Is Buffalo really that much worse off if he doesn't show up?

I can't believe the guy is taking this kind of stance. He just isn't a good enough player to pull this kind of crap. What a joke.

Bills232
05-11-2007, 02:22 PM
I'm flabbergasted by the rhetoric from this guy.

Deion Branch held out last year, but he was a #1 WR and a Super Bowl MVP. Lance Briggs is holding out, but he is a two-time Pro Bowl player.

Walker? He is a role player. Granted, he may be a pretty good role player, but nobody is knocking down the door to build their team around the guy. Is Buffalo really that much worse off if he doesn't show up?

I can't believe the guy is taking this kind of stance. He just isn't a good enough player to pull this kind of crap. What a joke.

He probably doesn't want to play in Buffalo..

don137
05-11-2007, 02:59 PM

Agree 100% that the Bills need to hold strong. You give into a situational player then the whole team will be lining up for contracts. Right now he needs the Bills more than they need him...

madness
05-11-2007, 03:21 PM
It's not like the pre-draft stuff, the draft itself, and trying to get the picks introduced to the public and signed has been taking up too much of the Bills' FO's time or anything. :rolleyes:
Walker needs to be patient and shut his agent up. If the Bills agreed to extend him before they traded for him, I'm sure they will.

That's exactly what's happening. His agent is all in a hissy because his client isn't first priority. Get in line and wait patiently like a good little boy.

Novacane
05-11-2007, 03:33 PM
Let em sit.

YoungMoney
05-11-2007, 05:13 PM
either you play for the contract you signed not us, and if not you can go chill with Pacman (i'm sure he's not doing nothing this year)

bflojohn
05-11-2007, 05:18 PM
I'm wondering if the Bills are pleasently surprised by LeRon Harris or maybe John McCargo is looking like he's the real deal.... The ultimate on this board is if Tim Anderson is buffing up and is in the plans!! Oh boy, this could get interesting. Maybe Darwin Walker will talk his way directly to another team. You simply can't miss what you've never had, I'd say.

clumping platelets
05-11-2007, 06:06 PM
His :moon: can sit

happyspermwhale
05-11-2007, 08:02 PM
He probably doesn't want to play in Buffalo..

That would be my guess as well.

He just left a pereniall superbowl contender for a team that hasn't sniffed the playoffs in a decade...really hard to attract marquee players to come play in buffalo, plus there is nothing to do here anyway like mcgahee said.

The Spaz
05-11-2007, 08:06 PM
That would be my guess as well.

He just left a pereniall superbowl contender for a team that hasn't sniffed the playoffs in a decade...really hard to attract marquee players to come play in buffalo, plus there is nothing to do here anyway like mcgahee said.

Care to contribute anthing noteworthy?

mikemac2001
05-11-2007, 08:10 PM
Didnt you already make a post about this.

gr8slayer
05-11-2007, 08:12 PM
Didnt you already make a post about this.
I got some "inside info" for you. Lynch's speed will be a 91 in Madden.

mikemac2001
05-11-2007, 08:13 PM
I got some "inside info" for you. Lynch's speed will be a 91 in Madden.

Ill love his hands the most

gr8slayer
05-11-2007, 08:14 PM
Ill love his hands the most
He's getting ****ed on the speed. If I remember correctly his hands were a 74.

mikemac2001
05-11-2007, 08:20 PM
Ya rookies always have ****ty ratings...how they do the ratings is dumb cant really do anything about it. 90+spd and 70cat is what i expected

gr8slayer
05-11-2007, 08:23 PM
Ya rookies always have ****ty ratings...how they do the ratings is dumb cant really do anything about it. 90+spd and 70cat is what i expected
If I remember correctly his strength was somewhere from 70-74.

mikemac2001
05-11-2007, 08:24 PM
WHat sucks is patriots ruined this years game...moss and stallworth in madden is just wrong with brady passing totally bummed about it

gr8slayer
05-11-2007, 08:26 PM
WHat sucks is patriots ruined this years game...moss and stallworth in madden is just wrong with brady passing totally bummed about it
Cover 2 zone blitz?

John Doe
05-12-2007, 01:37 PM
"I’m assuming they are going to do the deal, but they are dragging their feet a little bit.”

It's hard to make a big deal out of this.

ublinkwescore
05-12-2007, 06:53 PM
I say play hardball with this guy... the Bills should be extending Schobel, Peters, Evans, Losman if they are going to extend anyone.

Jon

I thought we just recently locked up Peters for like 5 years.

gr8slayer
05-12-2007, 07:18 PM
I thought we just recently locked up Peters for like 5 years.
We did but I don't think he really broke the bank.