PDA

View Full Version : Carolina Panthers hype is surfacing again

Bills232
05-11-2007, 01:04 PM
I've been looking at various sports websites(Im out of college right now, and have no life), and they are all writing articles about the Carolina Panthers again...

Didn't we go through this last year?

Carolina didn't add anyone via free agency(except Carr), and these guys are acting like three rookies(Kalil, Jarrett, and Beason) are going to solve all their problems..

Pinkerton Security
05-11-2007, 01:09 PM
Their D is still pretty good, not as good as it used to be, but they have a solid D-line, anchored by who i consider to be the best pass-rusher in the game, perhaps even the best athlete on any defense in the league in Peppers. They have one of the best playmakers in the NFL in smith, a good set of RB's with deangelo williams and the talented (if not oft-injured Deshaun Foster), and their rookie class is solid. I'm not saying they are gonna win the super bowl, so ill agree with you there. But they are a pretty solid team, even though their QB situation has to make even the most staunch JP haters feel better about our own QB situatuion.

Hammertime
05-11-2007, 01:29 PM
I've been looking at various sports websites(Im out of college right now, and have no life.

You are out of college? I had you pegged for a grade-schooler.

patmoran2006
05-11-2007, 01:45 PM
All the players you mentioned from the draft should contribute big, and you forgot Charles Johnson as well (DE).. I think Beason is going to be an awesome pro. I had him #3 on my Bills wishlist behind Patrick Willis and Lynch only..

They had plenty of talent last year; just didnt play well. DeAngelo Williams could explode this year as well.

They're a good team.

don137
05-11-2007, 02:03 PM
Not sure what you have been reading because I live in Charlotte and have season tickets to the Panthers (because I love football not because I love the Panthers) and I have not heard a peep about them as contenders next year.
They have no safetys and other than the draft have not done anything. They cut Keyshawn while not having a clear cut #2 because he was a cancer. I see them as a good but not great team. They could surprise but I would not bet on it.

EDS
05-11-2007, 02:29 PM
I've been looking at various sports websites(Im out of college right now, and have no life), and they are all writing articles about the Carolina Panthers again...

Carolina didn't add anyone via free agency(except Carr), and these guys are acting like three rookies(Kalil, Jarrett, and Beason) are going to solve all their problems..

In fairness, aren't the Bills and some Bills fans acting like two rookies are going to solve their two biggest problems (i.e., Lynch at running back and Poz at MLB)?

Personnally, I think Carolina won't be a top team unless Kris Jenkins is somehow brought back into the fold, remains healthy and returns to his former level of play.

Bling
05-11-2007, 02:40 PM
Carolina would have easily won the NFC had they been healthy. They'll be in the playoffs, at least this year, and should win the Super Bowl.

mayotm
05-11-2007, 03:03 PM

Carolina didn't add anyone via free agency(except Carr), and these guys are acting like three rookies(Kalil, Jarrett, and Beason) are going to solve all their problems..Is "out of college" the same thing as never attended college. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess you never attended college.

Mudflap1
05-11-2007, 04:05 PM
Since you have no life and aren't busy, why don't you (Northwestern Fan) go on the Fin Haven site and take up their time with some of these great posts chock full of tidbits of information. You might fit in better there from an intellectual standpoint.

Thanks,

Jon

YoungMoney
05-11-2007, 05:05 PM
At least theyre hype makes more sense than the Dolphins winning the super bowl last year!

BillsNick
05-11-2007, 05:10 PM
This Forum has really gone to hell.

BleedinGreenNC
05-11-2007, 08:23 PM

Your at it again?? No offense, but isnt you who thinks that your rookies are going to be the answer for you team. Every fan thinks that there rookies are going to have an immediate impact.

mikemac2001
05-11-2007, 08:45 PM
people who are here to spam shouldnt be here

happyspermwhale
05-11-2007, 11:02 PM

Panthers are a pretty loaded team....they should have hung on to meshawn though.

happyspermwhale
05-11-2007, 11:05 PM
At least theyre hype makes more sense than the Dolphins winning the super bowl last year!

If culpepper was healthy they would have been a very dangerous team last year especially with their defense that is always good.