PDA

View Full Version : A cool article on CBSsportsline

Bills232
05-11-2007, 02:34 PM
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10175360

That draft had a ton of talent....

I didn't realize how well the Jets did in it...

patmoran2006
05-11-2007, 02:42 PM
IM anything but a homer but that's lousy.

The Bills only get a "C" when they get Evans and Losman... And Cleveland gets the same grade with Kellen Winslow? Or even better yet, Miami gets the same grade because it produced a pair of mediocre starting OL?

Mr. Pink
05-11-2007, 02:47 PM

The Bills only get a "C" when they get Evans and Losman... And Cleveland gets the same grade with Kellen Winslow? Or even better yet, Miami gets the same grade because it produced a pair of mediocre starting OL?

Give it time Pat when both Cleveland and Buffalo will have As for this draft. Even though outside of the First 2 rounds, nothing of any interest came out of this draft for either team.

On top of KII, if he woulda been healthy since drafted, I think this woulda been an A already...cleveland got Sean Jones 111 tackles 5 INTs last year.

patmoran2006
05-11-2007, 02:50 PM
I like Jones but Clev deserves the "C" for drafting Winslow..

When you get a budding Pro bowl WR and a QB to build your franchise around it, you dont deserve the same grade.

BuffaloBillsStampede
05-11-2007, 03:47 PM
FunTimes I think you will learn to like your 3rd this year with Eric Wright. I am pretty sure he was a third rounder, but either way you will like him a lot.

Mr. Pink
05-11-2007, 03:52 PM
FunTimes I think you will learn to like your 3rd this year with Eric Wright. I am pretty sure he was a third rounder, but either way you will like him a lot.

2nd. But yeah, Clevelands' corners never stay healthy and they're forced to have Daven Holly starting. Who played well at times, but the safeties always had to help him out. Wright is much more talented than Holly, in fact, talent wise he's right up there with Hall and Reevis. Hopefully he can leave his past behind. It's a big question mark. Wright is the only pick I'm excited about.

feelthepain
05-11-2007, 04:01 PM

Anything but a homer?? What exactly has JP and Evans done to date??

raphael120
05-11-2007, 04:05 PM
Not a homer?? What exactly has JP and Evans done to date??

Alot more than the quarterback version of "duck duck goose" QB carosel and Chambers.

feelthepain
05-11-2007, 04:19 PM
Alot more than the quarterback version of "duck duck goose" QB carosel and Chambers.

And that means the Bills deserve a higher grade in that draft??? Chambers at least made the probowl in 05.

justasportsfan
05-11-2007, 04:40 PM
own the dolphins

ParanoidAndroid
05-11-2007, 08:12 PM
Wait until next year when they do this.

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg1 align=left><TD>Rd</TD><TD>Sel#</TD><TD> Player</TD><TD>Pos.</TD><TD>School</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>2</TD><TD align=right>55</TD><TD align=left>Roscoe Parrish</TD><TD align=left>WR</TD><TD align=left>Miami</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>3</TD><TD align=right>86</TD><TD align=left>Kevin Everett</TD><TD align=left>TE</TD><TD align=left>Miami</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>4</TD><TD align=right>122</TD><TD align=left>Duke Preston</TD><TD align=left>G</TD><TD align=left>Illinois</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>5</TD><TD align=right>156</TD><TD align=left>Eric King</TD><TD align=left>CB</TD><TD align=left>Wake Forest</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>6</TD><TD align=right>197</TD><TD align=left>Justin Geisinger</TD><TD align=left>G</TD><TD align=left>Vanderbilt</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>7</TD><TD align=right>236</TD><TD align=left>Lionel Gates</TD><TD align=left>RB</TD><TD align=left>Louisville</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 id=blank vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD class=bg3 align=left colSpan=5> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
:ill:

Generalissimus Gibby
05-11-2007, 09:12 PM
Is u ahhh jests fan NWF?

xXSpIkes5IXx
05-12-2007, 06:06 AM
Well looking at this draft...i would give it a C plus or maybe a B minus, even though we got JP and Lee. The rest of the draft was Tim Anderson in the 3rd, who may not make the roster this year, Tim Euhus in the 4th, who we traded for Courtney Watson, who we cut, Dylan McFarland, who was cut last camp, and Fast Freddie Smith who is also gone.

We got nothing outside of the first round in that draft, even though i dont think getting a starting QB and a 1200 yard wideout, deserves the same grade as the dolphins who got Vernon Carey, who i predict will struggle at left tackle this year, and Rex Hadnot, who i like but still...

ublinkwescore
05-12-2007, 08:42 AM

beat the hell outta your team twice last year:

Evans 1 TD the second time we played, and drew a PI call the first time we played.

Losman: beat you guys by only passing for like 83 yards the first time, and the second time threw for 3 TDs, for a 140.+ QB rating - one of them went to Evans, the other to Josh "who" Reed.

ublinkwescore
05-12-2007, 08:43 AM

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg1 align=left><TD>Rd</TD><TD>Sel#</TD><TD> Player</TD><TD>Pos.</TD><TD>School</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>2</TD><TD align=right>55</TD><TD align=left>Roscoe Parrish</TD><TD align=left>WR</TD><TD align=left>Miami</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>3</TD><TD align=right>86</TD><TD align=left>Kevin Everett</TD><TD align=left>TE</TD><TD align=left>Miami</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>4</TD><TD align=right>122</TD><TD align=left>Duke Preston</TD><TD align=left>G</TD><TD align=left>Illinois</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>5</TD><TD align=right>156</TD><TD align=left>Eric King</TD><TD align=left>CB</TD><TD align=left>Wake Forest</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>6</TD><TD align=right>197</TD><TD align=left>Justin Geisinger</TD><TD align=left>G</TD><TD align=left>Vanderbilt</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>7</TD><TD align=right>236</TD><TD align=left>Lionel Gates</TD><TD align=left>RB</TD><TD align=left>Louisville</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 id=blank vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD class=bg3 align=left colSpan=5> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

And then we'll all be on here saying thank god TD was gone.

HHURRICANE
05-12-2007, 08:50 AM

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg1 align=left><TD>Rd</TD><TD>Sel#</TD><TD>Player</TD><TD>Pos.</TD><TD>School</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>2</TD><TD align=right>55</TD><TD align=left>Roscoe Parrish</TD><TD align=left>WR</TD><TD align=left>Miami</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>3</TD><TD align=right>86</TD><TD align=left>Kevin Everett</TD><TD align=left>TE</TD><TD align=left>Miami</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>4</TD><TD align=right>122</TD><TD align=left>Duke Preston</TD><TD align=left>G</TD><TD align=left>Illinois</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>5</TD><TD align=right>156</TD><TD align=left>Eric King</TD><TD align=left>CB</TD><TD align=left>Wake Forest</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>6</TD><TD align=right>197</TD><TD align=left>Justin Geisinger</TD><TD align=left>G</TD><TD align=left>Vanderbilt</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>7</TD><TD align=right>236</TD><TD align=left>Lionel Gates</TD><TD align=left>RB</TD><TD align=left>Louisville</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 id=blank vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD class=bg3 align=left colSpan=5></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

That's the one where I punched my steering wheel when I heard we took Parrish and Everett in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

Safe to say that TD was a moron?

HHURRICANE
05-12-2007, 08:52 AM

Beck and Ginn baby. I'd be psyched!!!!

Yasgur's Farm
05-12-2007, 09:04 AM
Anything but a homer?? What exactly has JP and Evans done to date??Lee Evans 1st 3 years...
178 c's (120 resulting in 1st downs), 2878 yd's, 16.2 y/c, 24 td's

JP's 1st 3 years...
384 c's, 58%, 4423 yd's, 6.68 y/c, 27 td's, 24 int's, 77.4 passer rating.

Those are some pretty solid (if not impressive) 1st 3 year stats... Even if you're a troll.

The Spaz
05-12-2007, 09:18 AM

Nice!:lol::rofl:

feelthepain
05-12-2007, 11:17 AM

We are, both those players are coming from College with far better careers then Losman and Evans.

The Spaz
05-12-2007, 11:21 AM
We are, both those players are coming from College with far better careers then Losman and Evans.

College careers?

Bills232
05-12-2007, 11:21 AM

Evans was better than Ginn in college..

feelthepain
05-12-2007, 11:28 AM
Lee Evans 1st 3 years...
178 c's (120 resulting in 1st downs), 2878 yd's, 16.2 y/c, 24 td's

JP's 1st 3 years...
384 c's, 58%, 4423 yd's, 6.68 y/c, 27 td's, 24 int's, 77.4 passer rating.

Those are some pretty solid (if not impressive) 1st 3 year stats... Even if you're a troll.

Evans nubers avg out to be, under 1000 yards in rec. a season and 8 TD's a season. Not exactly terrific numbers. Ok, but for a #1 WO they're just avg.

JP has looked like crap through three years having only 7 games that he's really shown any improvemnt since he came into the league, that was the end of last year. To this point JP's done little, definately not enough to get more then a "C" grade and honestly, a "D" would be a better grade for JP because you can't give him a better grade then he deserves simply because he had a half a season in three years that was SLIGHTLY better then AVG.

Now go back to my first post in this thread and I was responding to a homer opinion made by Hurricane where he thinks JP and Evans deserve a better crade then a "C"......well those stats don't suggest they deserve better then a "C".

feelthepain
05-12-2007, 11:49 AM
Evans was better than Ginn in college..

Evans wasn't a dual threat at Wisconsin Like Ginn was at OSU and Wisconsin wasn't nearly as deep in talent at the WO position as OSU. Ginn had to work with the likes of Gonzalez and Holmes. Ginn was also a Heisman candidate Evans wasn't. Ginn lead the nation in punt returns (25.6) as a freshman and in Kick returns (29.6) as a sophmore.Both of those avgs. are just sick!!! I guess it's all what you consider a better career, but Ginn did more as multiple threat then Evans.

Yasgur's Farm
05-12-2007, 03:02 PM
[quote=feelthepain]Evans nubers avg out to be, under 1000 yards in rec. a season and 8 TD's a season. Not exactly terrific numbers. Ok, but for a #1 WO they're just avg. You're kidding right? What other receivers in NFL history have had those averages after their 1st 3 years?

JP has looked like crap through three years having only 7 games that he's really shown any improvemnt since he came into the league, that was the end of last year. To this point JP's done little, definately not enough to get more then a "C" grade and honestly, a "D" would be a better grade for JP because you can't give him a better grade then he deserves simply because he had a half a season in three years that was SLIGHTLY better then AVG. In his 3rd season he finished in the top 1/3 of the NFL last year in stats such as passer rating, completion percentage, Yards per attempt, td's per attempt, int's per attempt etc. You better take off your troll glasses.

Dozerdog
05-12-2007, 03:45 PM
Evans was an A grade
Losman- on total production over 3 years, I'd give him a C, but he is improving. If he carries over his last half of the season- I'll make him a B or even an A

The rest are D's. Second day selections should give you at least a couple of depth players - if not a starting OL guy once in a while.

This draft is a high C.

2005's is a complete bust- even if Parrish emerges as a star someday

2006- so far it's an A, but it is early

Dozerdog
05-12-2007, 03:51 PM
:rofl:

I guess the NFL Hall of fame should make room for Tim Rattay

feelthepain
05-12-2007, 04:19 PM
[quote=feelthepain]Evans nubers avg out to be, under 1000 yards in rec. a season and 8 TD's a season. Not exactly terrific numbers. Ok, but for a #1 WO they're just avg. You're kidding right? What other receivers in NFL history have had those averages after their 1st 3 years?

JP has looked like crap through three years having only 7 games that he's really shown any improvemnt since he came into the league, that was the end of last year. To this point JP's done little, definately not enough to get more then a "C" grade and honestly, a "D" would be a better grade for JP because you can't give him a better grade then he deserves simply because he had a half a season in three years that was SLIGHTLY better then AVG. In his 3rd season he finished in the top 1/3 of the NFL last year in stats such as passer rating, completion percentage, Yards per attempt, td's per attempt, int's per attempt etc. You better take off your troll glasses.

JP had a below avg season in the first half of 06, that would mean 2.5 of his 3 professional seasons would have been below avg. But you can look at it any way you like.

gr8slayer
05-12-2007, 05:38 PM
A Dolphins fan telling us what's wrong with our team :snicker:

djjimkelly
05-12-2007, 08:57 PM
C IS ****ING LAUGHABLE evans is a top flight wr and losman was starting to do his thing prisco is ****ing joke