PDA

View Full Version : Kalinin played hurt and Briere is going to play with Hecht / Pommers

Mitchy moo
05-11-2007, 03:01 PM
http://www.buffalonews.com/214/story/73581.html

"Some line changes will be in the offing for the Buffalo Sabres when they take the ice for Game Two of the Eastern Conference finals Saturday against the Ottawa Senators.

The biggest will see the return of struggling captain Daniel Briere going to the center slot, playing between Jochen Hecht and Jason Pominville. Briere, who had no shots in Thursday's 5-2 loss, had been playing the wing with Tim Connolly and Ales Kotalik.

Coach Lindy Ruff confirmed that switch after practice today in HSBC Arena but said he had not made firm decisions on his other combinations.

HHURRICANE
05-11-2007, 04:10 PM
The irony is that I thought we skated extremely well. The sloppiness is what killed us.

SabreEleven
05-11-2007, 04:14 PM
I hope to god Kalinen is playing hurt. I'd hate to seem him play that horribly heathy.

YardRat
05-11-2007, 04:32 PM
Switching up the lines again after one game is a definite sign of panic mode.

OpIv37
05-11-2007, 05:10 PM
Switching up the lines again after one game is a definite sign of panic mode.

stop being a negative nancy. Didn't you see Skooby's other thread about something that happened between Calgary and Edmonton 20 years ago? We're gonna be fine....

YoungMoney
05-11-2007, 05:20 PM
he was hampered when he was struck on the right wrist by a shot in the second period Thursday
yeah after he gave up the puck that went for a break away goal!

Mitchy moo
05-11-2007, 10:03 PM
stop being a negative nancy. Didn't you see Skooby's other thread about something that happened between Calgary and Edmonton 20 years ago? We're gonna be fine....

The point was is sometimes superior teams do not match up well against certain teams. Those certain teams can also play above their head and make a series very close (like 20 years ago). I know that I am difficult to follow sometimes but if you think about what I say you might just pickup my point (that doesn't mean I'm right or you agree).

SpillerThrills
05-11-2007, 10:33 PM
yeah after he gave up the puck that went for a break away goal!

which break away??? I think there were a few!

THATHURMANATOR
05-11-2007, 10:51 PM
If he is injured get him out of there. Paestch is more than adequate and could help on the PP.

OpIv37
05-12-2007, 07:26 AM
The point was is sometimes superior teams do not match up well against certain teams. Those certain teams can also play above their head and make a series very close (like 20 years ago). I know that I am difficult to follow sometimes but if you think about what I say you might just pickup my point (that doesn't mean I'm right or you agree).

but the point still doesn't address the specifics of the Sabres vs the Senators so it's irrelevant.

SkateZilla
05-12-2007, 02:58 PM
I hope to god Kalinen is playing hurt. I'd hate to seem him play that horribly heathy.

He was hurt in the 2nd Period, After He Gave Ottawa 2 Goals (One on a Bad Pinch, and nother with a stupid penalty )