PDA

View Full Version : "It wouldn't be the Sabres if we didn't do it the hard way."

Philagape
05-11-2007, 03:09 PM
Sabres confident they'll bounce back against Senators

By JOHN WAWROW
AP Sports Writer
BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) - With the Buffalo Sabres facing renewed criticism after their latest sub-par playoff performance, goalie Ryan Miller shrugged his shoulders and offered some perspective.
"The sky hasn't fallen in yet, has it?" Miller said after practice Friday. "It wouldn't be the Sabres if we didn't do it the hard way."
For a team whose lone objective when the season began was winning the Stanley Cup, the Sabres sure haven't made things look easy.
"It's one game," Sabres coach Lindy Ruff said. "I know it's tough. It doesn't sit well with anybody. ... We haven't reacted with a lot of moxie. But we've been able to bounce back."
The Sabres are accustomed to dealing with adversity. They led the league with 53 regular-season wins despite at one point missing seven players to injuries. And then there was last postseason, when Buffalo overcame the loss of five regulars to come within a win of reaching the Stanley Cup finals.
"We've risen to a lot of challenges along the way," co-captain Chris Drury said. "I think guys understand what tomorrow means."

Michael82
05-11-2007, 03:13 PM
Link?

Mitchy moo
05-11-2007, 03:15 PM
Sabres confident they'll bounce back against Senators

By JOHN WAWROW
AP Sports Writer
BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) - With the Buffalo Sabres facing renewed criticism after their latest sub-par playoff performance, goalie Ryan Miller shrugged his shoulders and offered some perspective.
"The sky hasn't fallen in yet, has it?" Miller said after practice Friday. "It wouldn't be the Sabres if we didn't do it the hard way."
For a team whose lone objective when the season began was winning the Stanley Cup, the Sabres sure haven't made things look easy.
"It's one game," Sabres coach Lindy Ruff said. "I know it's tough. It doesn't sit well with anybody. ... We haven't reacted with a lot of moxie. But we've been able to bounce back."
The Sabres are accustomed to dealing with adversity. They led the league with 53 regular-season wins despite at one point missing seven players to injuries. And then there was last postseason, when Buffalo overcame the loss of five regulars to come within a win of reaching the Stanley Cup finals.
"We've risen to a lot of challenges along the way," co-captain Chris Drury said. "I think guys understand what tomorrow means."

Ottawa must suffer as well. A win just isnt enough, I want payback.

Philagape
05-11-2007, 03:21 PM
Link?

I got it off AP wire at work, sorry

Michael82
05-11-2007, 03:23 PM
I got it off AP wire at work, sorry
no prob. :up:

shelby
05-11-2007, 03:23 PM
http://www.thehockeynews.com/en/news/DetailNewsCP.asp?xml=h051118A

Daniel Briere said Friday he's not hurt. He was talking about his health, not his pride.

His ice time reduced to 15:33 in a 5-2 Game 1 loss to the Ottawa Senators in the Eastern Conference final on Thursday night, some people wonder whether the Buffalo Sabres star centre is hiding an injury.

"Good," he said when asked about his health, although he added the kicker that if he was hurt, he wouldn't tell the media.

Television cameras caught him flexing his hand on the bench but this being the playoffs, one never knows the truth until it's over. He did say he didn't sleep very well Thursday night.

"Last night was one of those games where I barely touched the puck," Briere said. ". . . I'm not happy with my game but have to move on."

He did his best to hide his disappointment in not playing a whole lot in Game 1.

"That's not for me to decide," said Briere, who understood that head coach Lindy Ruff was trying to match Chris Drury's line with Jason Spezza's line.

"So sometimes it's tough as a coach to get everybody happy," Briere added. "I'm not going to complain about it . . . I'm 100 per cent behind (Ruff)."

SabreEleven
05-11-2007, 03:31 PM
The Sabres played better hockey when they were missing those 7 players...They were hungrier and more desperate.

Michael82
05-11-2007, 03:33 PM
http://www.thehockeynews.com/en/news/DetailNewsCP.asp?xml=h051118A
hmmm....anyone else think that Briere is hurt? He hasn't been his self in the playoffs and really looked bad last night. Has he missed any practice?

clumping platelets
05-11-2007, 06:10 PM
His ice time is down..........awww..........poor Danny boy...........start producing when on the ice :shakeno: