PDA

View Full Version : Wheres the neg nancys?

X-Era
05-11-2007, 08:21 PM
Before the draft all I heard about was Lynch would be a bad pick because hes got character issues.

Now, all those issues have apparently evaporated. To the point where even the most cynical have remained markedly quiet when referring to Lynch's supposed non-existant character problems. Could it be that their dream draft pick never materialized and that the unsubstantiated character questions where all in their heads to try to convince the general mass to support "their guy"? Me thinks so. But in the eternal words of Lee Corso, "not so fast". The fans here are alot brighter than you would like them to be. They are not mindless lemmings that will follow your every word to oblivion. Your negativity seems to be pretty scarce.

Its even so bad, that some are simply rehashing old crap (JP), and taking on new handles to further promote their drivel.

Maybe, just maybe, we have grown fond of our pick in Lynch and actually think we are in decent shape. Well whether you can lead a horse to water or not makes no difference, Im convinced we made all the right moves so far. This is a young team on the rise that will only get better not worse.

Go Bills!!!!!

gr8slayer
05-11-2007, 08:26 PM
I've wanted Lynch since day one.

X-Era
05-11-2007, 08:31 PM
I've wanted Lynch since day one.

Ive mentioned his name mid-last season and question McGahee as being someone we really wanted to stick with. Yeah, ive been sold for a long time on him. That said, I would have been happy with Willis at 12 too, but I wanted a RB first and foremost.

gr8slayer
05-11-2007, 08:33 PM
Ive mentioned his name mid-last season and question McGahee as being someone we really wanted to stick with. Yeah, ive been sold for a long time on him. That said, I would have been happy with Willis at 12 too, but I wanted a RB first and foremost.
I would have been unhappy if the Bills had taken Willis.

Lynch > Willis, Peterson, everyone else in the first round outside of CJ.

HHURRICANE
05-11-2007, 08:33 PM
Well I'm not 100% sold on Lynch not having character issues. I certainly hope I'm wrong but just because he's in Buffalo doesn't mean everything is good. If he ends up having issues than all of the stuff that everybody feels was unfair assessments will turn out to be the warning signs we ignored.

As far as moving in the right direction I feel like we are in year two of rebuilding which isn't all that exciting. So we look very unlikely to make the playoffs.

Is that negative enough?

G. Host
05-11-2007, 08:34 PM
negative nancy is still around - it was a temporary alias of Pat Moran.

DraftBoy
05-11-2007, 10:32 PM
negative nancy is still around - it was a temporary alias of Pat Moran.

Ummm...Pat or whatever you call him was an extremely strong supporter of the Lynch pick.

I however didnt like the idea of the pick and dont like the pick and I was one of the most voiceful about it. Its nice that your thread decides to sum up all complaints about Lynch into one unfounded reason, but realistically many people had other concerns about Lynch, not just his alleged character issues, which may or may not have happened.

The Spaz
05-11-2007, 10:36 PM
Ummm...Pat or whatever you call him was an extremely strong supporter of the Lynch pick.

I however didnt like the idea of the pick and dont like the pick and I was one of the most voiceful about it. Its nice that your thread decides to sum up all complaints about Lynch into one unfounded reason, but realistically many people had other concerns about Lynch, not just his alleged character issues, which may or may not have happened.

You are just mad because you're boy (siler) didn't get drafted until the 7th round...J/K:snicker:

SABURZFAN
05-11-2007, 11:11 PM
Its even so bad, that some are simply rehashing old crap (JP), and taking on new handles to further promote their drivel.

anybody we know? :popcorn:

Devin
05-12-2007, 12:34 AM
I am a fan of Lynch's now for the simple reason that hes a Bill. I will support him and hope he has a great season.

That said I didnt like the pick and it had nothing to do with character.

Michael82
05-12-2007, 12:55 AM
I wanted Posluszny, who we ended up getting in the 2nd round anyways. So I'm fine with it. :up:

clumping platelets
05-12-2007, 02:20 AM
He's now a Bill. it's time to root for him :up:

patmoran2006
05-12-2007, 08:22 AM
Potential character issues aside, a lot of people had/have concerns about his durability over a 16-game season as a feature back.

That being said, I've always been a supporter of Lynch. I had several threads that said the Bills should go "offensive" and took it one further: I wanted us to draft a legit #2 WR in round two as well; as it may have led us to having an Indy or SD type of offense; which is tough, even for mighty NE to contain. My view was our defense would (and still does) suck at least for this year anyway, so load up on offense, score as much as you can to win games, and put the focus back on defense via FA and draft next year.

However, you have to a real fool to not like POZ. I made fun of him a lot in weeks leading up to the draft, but that was mainly because I thought it was outrageous to draft him 12th. At 34 he's obviously great value. Stated and still wouldn't have traded up for him NOR would I have drafted Edwards; as I cant get the David Harris/Jason Hill/Daymeion Hughes combo we could've landed out of my head.-- but POZ is still a needed (and I guess) good pick at 34.

But as for Lynch, I think he'll win a lot of fans over. I really think he's another Maroney; maybe even better. I know he'll make Losman better also and at least partially make up for that crap WR corp we're still stuck with outside of Evans.

HHURRICANE
05-12-2007, 08:39 AM
This draft didn't have that much talent. Period.

There were 2 RBs that could start. Peterson and Lynch. I actually think Lynch has the better size and body mass for the punishment of the NFL. We needed a starting RB and we got one.

Poz I'm not sold on but again he was the best available.

Out of all the picks the best one, without a doubt, was Wright. I wouldn't be shocked if ended up even starting for us one day.

I think next years draft will be alot more fruitful.

Stewie
05-12-2007, 09:23 AM
It sounds like Lynch is an outgoing guy, and his "character issues" resulted from maybe playing it a little loose with the wrong woman. Some chick went to the cops, and they never did anything about it. That just tells me that he met the wrong chick. Hopefully he realizes that his outgoing personality will have to take a back seat to caution, because for some ladies he has a big $$ target on his head. The small one.

Jan Reimers
05-12-2007, 10:54 AM
It sounds like Lynch is an outgoing guy, and his "character issues" resulted from maybe playing it a little loose with the wrong woman.
Just as long as he wasn't playing it a little wrong with a loose woman - or maybe that would have been better.:dance:

bflojohn
05-12-2007, 06:38 PM
My mind is "somewhat" at ease because I believe the Bills did their due diligence in the background check of Marshawn Lynch. Marv Levy said as much at his news conference directly after the draft. However, the St. Louis Rams also did their due diligence on Laurence Phillips and look how THAT worked out!! Dick Vermeil said afterwards that he learned something in that instance. I hope the Bills aren't caught in the same type of web....