05-12-2007, 10:48 PM
Senators 0 and 8 in game two when winning game one

Emery 0 and 4 in overtime in the playoffs

Sabres 46 and 0 when leading by two at any time

Sabres 5 and 0 when getting the first goal

I think I'm going to puke.

OpIv37
05-12-2007, 10:50 PM
Don't forget Sabres 46-0 when having a 2 goal lead.

Nighthawk
05-12-2007, 10:50 PM
I know. There something in the air that doesn't feel right about this team. So close, yet so far away.

chernobylwraiths
05-12-2007, 10:51 PM
Don't forget Sabres 46-0 when having a 2 goal lead.

Usually reading is a strong point for you.

imbondz
05-12-2007, 10:51 PM
what was Buffalo's record against Ottawa in the regular season?

OpIv37
05-12-2007, 10:52 PM
Usually reading is a strong point for you.

yeah well I'm not thinking clearly after that debacle. What a waste of a great season.

imbondz
05-12-2007, 10:53 PM
please don't say the series is over unless Ottawa wins the next game, then still don't say it unless they win the next one after that.

Typ0
05-12-2007, 10:55 PM
please don't say the series is over unless Ottawa wins the next game, then still don't say it unless they win the next one after that.

there still is a lot of hockey to be played...and I thought we should have scored at least 20 goals tonight myself. The problem right now is we are poorly positioned and are going to have to work very hard to get into a favorable position in the future.

don137
05-12-2007, 10:55 PM
I agree it just didn't go our way tonight...You can't tell me without a doubt the disallowed goal went off his glove and not the stick (Ithought inconclsive would go with what was called on the ice)...How can the NHL have a rule that stopping a puck from going into the net by a player other than a goalie is just a penalty and not a goal....Then throw in some very bad officiating to give the Sens a 5-3...The starts were aligned aginst the Sabres tonight.

Nighthawk
05-12-2007, 10:56 PM
Nobody is saying it is over, but unless the Sabres show up to play, then it will be. I don't think that Ruff has coached that well in the playoffs so far, so maybe as soon as he shows up, then maybe the players will follow.

Nighthawk
05-12-2007, 10:57 PM
there still is a lot of hockey to be played...and I thought we should have scored at least 20 goals tonight myself. The problem right now is we are poorly positioned and are going to have to work very hard to get into a favorable position in the future.

That is exactly what is the problem with this team. They just don't seem to be in postion to make plays. That usually is a sign of lazy play and in these games it will kill you.

chernobylwraiths
05-12-2007, 10:59 PM
The Senators are a cheap assed team. They had THREE clear hits from behind that could have been very dangerous and got nothing.

Senators took this game because they were clearly the better team but the refs get an assist on that 5 on 3. First penalty was a bit cheap but I can see cheap calls all the time. That second one on Zubrus tying up the stick was a huge BS call and killed them.

Sabres HAVE to play more complete games. I don't have any idea what their problem is. The go into hibernation for whole periods at times. To me, the Senators have ALWAYS looked like the better offensive team and that shouldn't be with this Sabres team. Their fourth line controlled the play every time they were out there.

Lastly, the Sabres HAVE TO F***ING HIT THE F***ING NET SOMETIMES!!! This goalie is not that good and half the f***ing time their shots not only went wide, but left the offensive zone and/or went right to the Senators in transition. Oh, those cross ice passes have to stop too. This just isn't the team I have watched all season.

chernobylwraiths
05-12-2007, 10:59 PM
what was Buffalo's record against Ottawa in the regular season?

3 and 5 with one win in a shootout. (the brawl game)

don137
05-12-2007, 11:01 PM
I hate the Sens so much. I don't think I could watch the Stanley Cup finals if the made it.

Nighthawk
05-12-2007, 11:02 PM
The Senators are a cheap assed team. They had THREE clear hits from behind that could have been very dangerous and got nothing.

Senators took this game because they were clearly the better team but the refs get an assist on that 5 on 3. First penalty was a bit cheap but I can see cheap calls all the time. That second one on Zubrus tying up the stick was a huge BS call and killed them.

Sabres HAVE to play more complete games. I don't have any idea what their problem is. The go into hibernation for whole periods at times. To me, the Senators have ALWAYS looked like the better offensive team and that shouldn't be with this Sabres team. Their fourth line controlled the play every time they were out there.

Lastly, the Sabres HAVE TO F***ING HIT THE F***ING NET SOMETIMES!!! This goalie is not that good and half the f***ing time their shots not only went wide, but left the offensive zone and/or went right to the Senators in transition. Oh, those cross ice passes have to stop too. This just isn't the team I have watched all season.

Pretty much dead on. However, I think the product on the ice can be directly linked to Ruff's coaching this postseason. He has babied this team the entire year and he continues to do so. The only thing he has done is create a bunch of excuse making babies who just refused to sell out to make plays and do whatever it takes to win. It is an extremely frustrating thing to watch, but it just doesn't seem like it will get any better.

Typ0
05-12-2007, 11:03 PM
That is exactly what is the problem with this team. They just don't seem to be in postion to make plays. That usually is a sign of lazy play and in these games it will kill you.

I was talking about our position in the series...but I agree with you we are leaving way too many plays on the ice to win.

chernobylwraiths
05-12-2007, 11:05 PM
All that said. Let US now do something we have never done, win a series after being down 0-2!

At least I think we haven't done it.

Good teams find ways to come back from adversity, and the Sabres have done so all season.

Typ0
05-12-2007, 11:07 PM
I can see us winning four in a row myself. If they were getting goaltending like we saw in the last series I'd already have a sabre through my heart...but they aren't. Emery is just waiting to be beaten and we aren't following up on enough plays.

chernobylwraiths
05-12-2007, 11:10 PM
I can see us winning four in a row myself. If they were getting goaltending like we saw in the last series I'd already have a sabre through my heart...but they aren't. Emery is just waiting to be beaten and we aren't following up on enough plays.

They have to crash the net. There are all kinds of rebound there, they just have to pay the price to do it.

YardRat
05-12-2007, 11:27 PM
I think Emery's been playing pretty good, actually.

Dr. Lecter
05-13-2007, 12:08 AM
I think Emery's been playing pretty good, actually.

He has been soft and giving juicy rebounds, but has been better than Miller.

Typ0
05-13-2007, 06:02 PM
They have to crash the net. There are all kinds of rebound there, they just have to pay the price to do it.

we need to take shorter shots...he is stopping the shots but he never controls them. The long shots we are taking are creating long and erratic rebounds. If we take shorter shots and crash the net we are in business!

chernobylwraiths
05-14-2007, 09:28 PM
Just remembered one. The Senators have never beaten the Sabres in a playoff series. :(

Well, there has been only one team to win a playoff series after being down 3-0. I can still hope.