• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • XNOUGHT
    • Mar 2003

"""Bledsoe Vs. Brady"""!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by justasportsfan
    Xnought, it's pretty quiet in here so I'll take the chance to ask you your thoughts on whether the Pats kept the right qb or not.
    It's not my fault for making this thread. Some guy with a scary face told me to do this

This thread should end up 20 pages long, with the end result being everyone hating me, and me getting banned(hopefully not) and being trapped in a perennial deadlock with the one Pats fan

Lets get it on!!!:2guns:

IMO, they are equal QB's. They both are strong and weak in different ways. However, I will play Devil's Advocate and side with Brady. I dont think I have to worry about people NOT siding with Bledsoe. The basis is we will compare thier histories but the basis right now is young Brady vs vet Bledsoe.

I will talk about the QB of the Bills Bledsoe in this post and save Bledsoe of the Pats for another post.
    _____

I believe Bledsoe is a very multi-dimensional QB. He has the arm and the long-ball accuracy to run high-powered point scoring offenses. He is tall, tough, and a leader like no other. He makes the players around him better(Moulds, Price, Travis) and he is able to put a team on his back and win games in cold weather.

HOWEVER. A BIG HOWEVER. Bledsoe is not consistant and has flaws that are very easy to exploit. Bledsoe of the Bills is very inconsistant. He was inconsistant vs Denver, a bad Jets team, the first meeting with Miami, a louys KC defense, good Jets, and a falling SD. Also his flaws are easily exploited. After Bledsoe was a leage leader in almost every statistical catagory BEFORE he ran into the Patriots, he was average to bad in almost every catagory from then on. 100 yards vs a terrible SD pass defense, 4 interceptions vs the Patriots, 181 yards and two interceptions vs the Jets, and 200 yards and a game killing interception vs one of THE WORST defenses in the league in KC.

Bledsoe also has an extreme weakness to pressure up the middle and alot of movement in the secondary. From watching ol' buddy Drew, it was apparent that Bledsoe had improved mightely from his NE days but showed alot of his flaws that made Belichick move on to Brady. The only really REALLY bad games he had IMO, were vs my Pats.

______

Brady isn't nearly the physical weapon that Bledsoe is, but he makes up for it with EXCELLENT reflexes, mechanics, quick release, and instinct. Brady cant throw the deep ball but that can be contributed to his reletive newness to being a starter as he just finished his second season as a starter.

Brady has a FRACTION of the weapons to work with that Bledsoe had. Brady has some of the smallest, least talented, overachieving pair of WR's in David Patten and Troy Brown. The 1st round TE Graham went down and Hayes was a bust. No running game and Brady was forced to pass 40 times a game vs constant nickel coverages. The fact the Pats did so well is a testiment to how much potential Brady has. In his relatively young career Brady went to the Pro-Bowl, has an undefeated record in the post-season, and has won a Super Bowl .

Brady finished the season with a league high 28 Passing TD's, 3800 yards, and 14 Interceptions. a 2-1 TD-INT ratio is amazing. 3800 yards was SIXTH IN THE LEAGUE by a QB. No running game, no run defense, yet Brady was able to put up Pro-Bowl stats. Obviously it should have been Gannon, Bledsoe McNair in the Pro-Bowl but Brady was a more then deserving canidate to be considered.

Brady also doesn't suffer from any KNOWN mental flaws. Just when you think the league has him figured out, Brady comes out and has a 350 yard passing game with three TD's.
    Brady also can find ways to dig a team out of a hole.

Parcells was showing a video of why teams stay in coverage instead of blitzing and it showed the Bears sending 7 guys at Brady during the the 14 point come from behind victory in November vs Chicago and it showed Brady snap the ball and throw it at the same time to a wide open Kevin Faulk who ran 40 yards for a TD. Those are things legends are made of. In half a second, Brady ran through his list of targets, read the coverage, and released the ball toward Faulk who caught it in perfect stride and ran it 40 yards untouched for a TD.

This is a quick thread starter and I wil post more soon. lets try to have fun with this. I think they are even IMO and have thier pros and cons.
    I'm lost.
  • Dozerdog
    In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

I completely agree with you-

Excellent analysis!

Comment

• venis2k1
      Youboty can hope
      • Jul 2002

I hate you soooo much!!!!!

P.S. Celtics Rule!!!

Comment

• Romes
        • Jul 2002

Xnought,

Maybe its just me but ever since the whole Flutie and Johnson thing, its gonna be at least another 10 years before I get tangled in a QB debate. I think most other Bills fans are with me.

Good analysis though. I think you pretty much hit the nail on the head.
        Originally posted by paladin warrior
        RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• Ingtar33
          Dances With Buffaloes
          • Sep 2002

Very close to on mark... I think you played down Brady's awful arm...

I mean honestly this guy would be one of the greatest qb's in NFL history if he had even Doug Fluties arm (I'm talking current Flutie)... I don't think I've seen such a flawed passer in my life... My god I wasn't all that good in college (heck I rode the pine for my whole career) but I always had a better arm than what Brady shows.

Oh well, he sure makes up for it with a good head and great improv skills.
          My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Tatonka
            • Jul 2002

hahaha.. ingtar said his arm is better than brady's.. and he was serious.. now that is good stuff!
            "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• The Spaz
              • Mar 2003

I'm just going to say we have Drew Bledsoe and I am happy!:) Go Bills!

Comment

• Ingtar33
                Dances With Buffaloes
                • Sep 2002

T,

My arm is still better than Brady's... no kidding... I can still throw a 30 yard fade, or 50 yard post.
                My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Wys Guy
                  Drew and Sam stole all my hair
                  • Jul 2002

You must be bored.

Very nice analysis however! I'd agree almost to a T. Never say never...

One thing's for sure, we won't have too many weaknesses on our team this upcoming season such that if Drew tosses 15 INTs in only 7 games and adds another 3 lost fumbles in those 7 games, all loses, it certainly won't go nearly as unnoticed by fans as they did this past year.

Same can be said for every aspect of our game/team. We'll be strong everywhere presumably and every little flaw or error will reflect on the person to whom it should be attributed. We'll have a much clearer picture of who's overrated and who isn't. So all this speculation over Fletcher, Teague, Posey, Prioleau, etc. will bear itself out.
                  Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• BuffaloRanger
                    WORK HARD. PLAY HARD. LIVE HARD.
                    • Mar 2003

I agree WysGuy. Optimism couldchange to fingerpointing quickly.

Brady really threw alot of short passes against the Bills. I guess that's why he didn't really impress me as a QB. He seemed more like a caretaker of the offense. I know he opened it up in other games, but I didn't see those. The system worked great against the Bills because the coaches couldn't seem to come up with a way to stop the screen pass.

A "Brady Bomb" is a 3 yard pass and a 40 yard run. LOL
                    Buffalo Only and Always.

Comment

• LVGrown
                      Vegas Growed
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BuffaloRanger
                      I agree WysGuy. Optimism couldchange to fingerpointing quickly.

Brady really threw alot of short passes against the Bills. I guess that's why he didn't really impress me as a QB. He seemed more like a caretaker of the offense. I know he opened it up in other games, but I didn't see those. The system worked great against the Bills because the coaches couldn't seem to come up with a way to stop the screen pass.

couldnt agree with you more ... the bills and pats games sucked to watch, dont get much more boring then little 3 or 4 yard tosses that constantly get turned into first downs against a sorry ass defense!!!!!!!!!! especially when that defense is my team! but i agree with WYS (hell i cant argue with the man ... we were 2 of the 3 RJ fans in this country) we will have a complete team by the start of the 2003 season!

Erin

Comment

• XNOUGHT
                        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Ingtar33
                        T,

My arm is still better than Brady's... no kidding... I can still throw a 30 yard fade, or 50 yard post.
                        :madfire:

:argue:

You wiseguys

I'll make another post later today.
                        I'm lost.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BuffaloRanger
                          The system worked great against the Bills because the coaches couldn't seem to come up with a way to stop the screen pass.

We weren't the only ones who got killed with those screen passes. Miami fell victim. Brady throws a 3 yard screen pass for a 20 yard gain. That would surely help his stats. I wonder if Gilbride knows such a scheme exists and can be pretty effective..
                          sacrifice1
                          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• BillsFanInMass
                            The Stoner Zoner
                            • Feb 2003

brady sucks when bledsoe went down to injury and brady came in they threw out 70 percent of the playbook and simplified the whole offense for all the players making brady look so great but all the players that didnt grasp the complicated offense that drew had to run started to play could cause all they had to learn was a handfull of plays and perfect them.then when drew came in when they played pittsburg and they let him play the simplified offense he did awesome i think he threw 2 tds in his firt 4 or 5 passes when brady was ineffective in the 6 quarters of playoffs prior to that. I live in MA and i know who the best of the 2 is. ive been a bills fan in new england for over 10 years and it burns me up to watch the little gay screen passes brady throws all game long cause he has no arm and then all the weak pats fans i got to live work and be around praise him like hes great when he has a 300+ yd game but in reality he only threw for about 50 of them lol.Bledsoe makes alot of mistakes but only when he has to throw to come back cause the defense sucked and hes playin catch up all game.But all that has changed cause our defense is gonna be ruthless this year. lets see how far them screen passes go this year with takeo and fletcher and posey out there on the perrimeters and possibly sam adams keeping them blockers off them woooo hoooo. my grandmother could run that offense of the pats

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                              Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Sorry BFIM I can't read your post.

have you ever heard of punctuations or starting off a sentence with a capital letter it makes my eyes hurt and my brain rattle like i am listening to my machine gun mouth wife who stops talking for 1 second every 20 minutes just to catch a breath my ears hurt and im beginning to subconsciously block out whatever is being said oh my god it all sounds like blah blah blah to me just like that beer commercial of the guy staring at the tv when his girlfriend is talking and all he hears is the game coming out of her mouth am i annoying everyone yet i hope i am so i can get my point across holy cow im going to be banned from this board real quick please dont let me go please i wont be naughty again please i will eat my dinner without talking and wont make a mess anymore please dont ban me

Comment

Working...
                              X