PDA

View Full Version : Its a long shot, but its not over yet

PcA125
05-12-2007, 10:54 PM
I know its hard to stay positive after that hearbreaking loss in double OT, but if the sens can come into our building and win two then why cant we do the same to them? Anything can happen. I know we all saw the stat that 87% of the time the team that went up 2-0 went on to win the series...but maybe we are part of that other 13%.

Remember when everyone said the Red Sox were done in '04 when they were down 3-0 to the Yanks (This isnt meant to piss all the Yanks fans off...just proving a point.)

Never say die. :oldskool:

Mitchy moo
05-12-2007, 10:57 PM
I like your post but as of right now I am just plain Sad. I cannot tell my wife because it's going to be her day in minutes but I smell something aweful.

OpIv37
05-12-2007, 11:07 PM
I'll still watch the games until it's completely over but... it's over. At this point we'll be lucky to not get swept.

chernobylwraiths
05-12-2007, 11:08 PM
OVER?! WAS IT OVER WHEN THE GERMANS BOMBED PEARL HARBOR?!!!

Philagape
05-12-2007, 11:11 PM
If any team can do it, we can.

chernobylwraiths
05-12-2007, 11:12 PM
If any team can do it, we can.

That's the spirit man!

Ebenezer
05-12-2007, 11:19 PM
4 out of 5 against Ottawa including 3 in their barn?? 1980 only happens once a lifetime.

YardRat
05-12-2007, 11:22 PM
I cannot tell my wife because it's going to be her day in minutes but I smell something aweful.

You should still tell her so she can 'freshen up'.

WNYnut
05-12-2007, 11:41 PM
I keep telling myself we're setting ourselves up for a storybook ending much like the Red Sox did in '04...but it's getting tough to keep the faith.

0 for on the powerplay is unacceptable.

I still believe though!

Dozerdog
05-12-2007, 11:45 PM
Remember when everyone said the Red Sox were done in '04 when they were down 3-0 to the Yanks (This isnt meant to piss all the Yanks fans off...just proving a point.)

Never say die. :oldskool:Feel free to piss on the Yankees

SkateZilla
05-12-2007, 11:49 PM
OVER?! WAS IT OVER WHEN THE GERMANS BOMBED PEARL HARBOR?!!!

You might want to go back to history buddy... ther Luftwaffe didnt bomb Pearl Harbor, the Japanese Did...

LABillsFan
05-13-2007, 12:02 AM
I like your post but as of right now I am just plain Sad. I cannot tell my wife because it's going to be her day in minutes but I smell something aweful.

That was me from the ribs I had. Sorry.

Mitchy moo
05-13-2007, 12:03 AM
That was me from the ribs I had. Sorry.

no problem but just a small bit of advice, eat less sauce.

LABillsFan
05-13-2007, 12:04 AM
It was S-P-I-C-Y sauce.

G Wolly
05-13-2007, 12:08 AM
I know its hard to stay positive after that hearbreaking loss in double OT, but if the sens can come into our building and win two then why cant we do the same to them? Anything can happen. I know we all saw the stat that 87% of the time the team that went up 2-0 went on to win the series...but maybe we are part of that other 13%.

Never say die. :oldskool:

My feelings exactly. Sure it sucks going down to a rival 2 games to none in your own building, but who can recall the relatively same Sabres pulling out a game 7 against the soon-to-be Champs, Carolina.

My feeling is that sure, we could come back, but we gotta want it more and work harder. Stop dancing with the puck and shoot on Emery and get guys to the front.

SabreEleven
05-13-2007, 12:21 AM
You might want to go back to history buddy... ther Luftwaffe didnt bomb Pearl Harbor, the Japanese Did...

You totally missed the joke as usual.

Michael82
05-13-2007, 12:55 AM
I'll still watch the games until it's completely over but... it's over. At this point we'll be lucky to not get swept.
Sadly, you are right. :(

MTBillsFan
05-13-2007, 01:49 AM
Anything can happen! That's why they play the game! not to get to cliche or anything BUT until the last second ticks off the clock in this series, I'm not counting us out. A couple of bounces go our way and we're right back in this!

GO SABRES!!!

Dr. Lecter
05-13-2007, 10:09 AM
Nice to see Mikey and Op have given up.

Michael82
05-13-2007, 11:32 AM
Nice to see Mikey and Op have given up.
Not completely. But let's just say that it's hard not to. It seems like the Sabres have already given up. They aren't giving it their all. No where close! Now I will say this...if they come back home from Ottawa with it all tied up, I'd be right back into believing again...but for now...it's VERY hard to believe they are going to come back from this. :ill: That loss last night reminds me of the way I would have felt if the Sabres didn't score that last second goal in game 5. :sadwalk:

Philagape
05-13-2007, 11:43 AM
I thought their effort was much better in Game 2 than Game 1. The Senators were simply better, and made fewer mistakes. I think the problem is mental ... too many mental errors. This team is so used to relying on individual skill that they don't know how to play the chess game aspect. That's why the PP is so horrible ... to succeed it needs to be a cohesive unit. Standing around and passing is the opposite of the Sabres' forte.

Michael82
05-13-2007, 11:50 AM
I thought their effort was much better in Game 2 than Game 1. The Senators were simply better, and made fewer mistakes. I think the problem is mental ... too many mental errors. This team is so used to relying on individual skill that they don't know how to play the chess game aspect. That's why the PP is so horrible ... to succeed it needs to be a cohesive unit. Standing around and passing is the opposite of the Sabres' forte.
I agree. They did put forth a lot better effort in last night's game. Especially the 1st period. but once they got that 2-0 lead, they became comfortable again and went back to the lame effort we saw in game 1. :ill:

chernobylwraiths
05-13-2007, 08:13 PM
You totally missed the joke as usual.

:rofl: thanks!