PDA

View Full Version : Any bets on how long it takes...

OpIv37
05-12-2007, 11:05 PM
for Skooby to find some 30 year old example of a team losing the first 2 games at home and coming back to win the series in 6 as "proof" that the Sabres are still in it?

chernobylwraiths
05-12-2007, 11:06 PM
Easy, last year the Carolina Hurricanes lost the first two to the Montreal Canadians and went on to win the Cup.

Mitchy moo
05-12-2007, 11:09 PM
Easy, last year the Carolina Hurricanes lost the first two to the Montreal Canadians and went on to win the Cup.

Oh no, don't look up Cher., Op wants to sulk. I'm going to give you the best life advice OP your ever going to get OP. Stepping hard against yourself and everything around you keeps you in a very sorry place, alone.

SY

OpIv37
05-12-2007, 11:10 PM
Oh no, don't look up Cher., Op wants to sulk. I'm going to give you the best life advice OP your ever going to get OP. Stepping hard against yourself and everything around you keeps you in a very sorry place, alone.

SY

wtf are you talking about?

Finding good when everything is bad is just an excuse for not dealing with the bad.

chernobylwraiths
05-12-2007, 11:11 PM

Finding good when everything is bad is just an excuse for not dealing with the bad.

Knowing the bad, but still having faith because of the good is what makes life worth living.

You never played golf did you? :D

Philagape
05-12-2007, 11:13 PM

Nonstop whining and sulking isn't dealing with it.

YardRat
05-12-2007, 11:16 PM
Knowing the bad, but still having faith because of the good is what makes life worth living.

Even in golf, when you're getting your ass kicked, you're getting your ass kicked.

OpIv37
Nonstop whining and sulking isn't dealing with it.

well you know, if people around here would stop pretending everything is ok when it isn't, maybe I wouldn't have to repeat it so ****ing much.

OpIv37

I occasionally play golf, but I'm very bad at it.

chernobylwraiths
05-12-2007, 11:17 PM
Even in golf, when you're getting your ass kicked, you're getting your ass kicked.

Yeah, but that ONE good shot in a round will bring you back almost every time.

Philagape
05-12-2007, 11:29 PM
well you know, if people around here would stop pretending everything is ok when it isn't, maybe I wouldn't have to repeat it so ****ing much.

You're not the mood referee.

Mitchy moo
05-12-2007, 11:33 PM

Good to hear from someone alive, kids have a way of doing that to you.

OpIv37
05-12-2007, 11:41 PM
Good to hear from someone alive, kids have a way of doing that to you.

I fail to see how being pessimistic about sports teams that are losing somehow makes me less alive. It is, however, easy to see how your unfailing optimism leads to ignorance.

kinigirly
05-12-2007, 11:48 PM
op's not a pessimist he's a realist. most people confuse the two because the reality of things tends to not be as pleasant as most would like to admit

Mitchy moo
05-12-2007, 11:49 PM
I fail to see how being pessimistic about sports teams that are losing somehow makes me less alive. It is, however, easy to see how your unfailing optimism leads to ignorance.

Hope for better keeps you moving forward and hopefully to some success. My kids look me in the eye and I jump. They are here to make sure I succeed and ask for nothing else but your love and attention.

With your logic, why bother living if your going to die anyways, there is really no hope is there??

Mitchy moo
05-12-2007, 11:51 PM
op's not a pessimist he's a realist. most people confuse the two because the reality of things tends to not be as pleasant as most would like to admit

He's sheits on our dreams & then tells us why he did it. That's not a realist, that's a dil-hole.

OpIv37
05-12-2007, 11:56 PM
Hope for better keeps you moving forward and hopefully to some success. My kids look me in the eye and I jump. They are here to make sure I succeed and ask for nothing else but your love and attention.

With your logic, why bother living if your going to die anyways, there is really no hope is there??

how is that my logic? I never said there is NO hope- I just look at the realistic evidence available and make a realistic expectation. For example, when the Senators are outplaying the Sabres and have outplayed them for the whole season, my expectation is that the Sabres may not win and if they do it will be a struggle.

By contrast, when the chips are down, you go find some outlandish example of something happening and use the exception as the rule rather than face the reality of the situation.

And what do your kids have to do with the Sabres or the Bills? Whatever inspiration you get from your kids has nothing to do with realistically assessing a sports team's chance for success.

Mitchy moo
05-12-2007, 11:59 PM
how is that my logic? I never said there is NO hope- I just look at the realistic evidence available and make a realistic expectation. For example, when the Senators are outplaying the Sabres and have outplayed them for the whole season, my expectation is that the Sabres may not win and if they do it will be a struggle.

By contrast, when the chips are down, you go find some outlandish example of something happening and use the exception as the rule rather than face the reality of the situation.

And what do your kids have to do with the Sabres or the Bills? Whatever inspiration you get from your kids has nothing to do with realistically assessing a sports team's chance for success.

Your never going to have kids Op (or so you say) so explaining it to you will mean 0. I'll just say that talking with my children let's me see a mindset of how I used to look at things before I was poisoned by society and the cruel reality of adulthood. Going back to more basic thing with them let's me really re-look at everything with fresh eyes.

OpIv37
05-13-2007, 12:03 AM
Your never going to have kids Op (or so you say) so explaining it to you will mean 0. I'll just say that talking with my children let's me see a mindset of how I used to look at things before I was poisoned by society and the cruel reality of adulthood. Going back to more basic thing with them let's me really re-look at everything with fresh eyes.

Ok, fair enough, but what does that have to do with grasping at straws when trying to convince yourself that the Bills and/or Sabres can still be successful despite damn near impossible odds?

If you were poisoned by society before, it sounds like you're poisoned by idealism now.

shelby
05-13-2007, 07:02 AM
Part of the fun of rooting for Buffalo sports teams is that they break your heart on an annual basis.

:D