• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • venis2k1
    Youboty can hope
    • Jul 2002

Call me crazy.....

*Note* I am going about this post assuming we sign Sam Adams*Note*

With our first pick in the draft, who should we grab???? a DE? a DT? a LB? a S? I say no!!!!!! I think we should take a Long Hard look at Jr. C Jeff Faine out of Notre Dame. Whats that??? We already have a C in Trey Teague. I have heard many of you complain that he is "a Center getting paid like a LT". But more than that, he isnt a very good center. He is a Very Smart Center, often pointing out Defensive schemes to Drew, but just dosent have the great technique that a Franchise C like Faine could give us. I have been watching some tapes from last season and it looks like Teague is the weak spot on the line when it comes to Pass Blocking. His first step is often too far backwards, almost Instantly Colapsing the pocket. He is However a great Run Blocker.:drinker:
  • Demon
    • Mar 2003

Waste of a 1st rounder if you ask me.

I think we should pick Mike Doss with the 23rd and in the 2nd round pick Kelly Washington (i think thats hes name lol) from Tennessee. From what i hear this guy is the next Randy Moss except the off the field BS.
    Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• venis2k1
      Youboty can hope
      • Jul 2002

I disagree, I think getting Bledsoe not sacked 50+ times a year isnt a waste of a pick at all, might add a few years to his carrer.

Comment

• venis2k1
        Youboty can hope
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Demon
        in the 2nd round pick Kelly Washington (i think thats hes name lol) from Tennessee. From what i hear this guy is the next Randy Moss except the off the field BS.
        I dont want any more Vols on this Roster!!!! Besides i think i heard he had a great pro day, and moved right up into the first round.

Comment

• Ingtar33
          Dances With Buffaloes
          • Sep 2002

Venus2k1,

I'll forgive you for not including me in the sexiest man in the NFL thread... because you're dead on in this one.

Now I think Faine is good enough to be drafted in the first round... and he probably wouldn't last to our pick in the 2nd... but we could always take that chance... He would be just as good, if not better than Teague right now, furthermore it would solve the biggest problem we currently have on the offensive side of the ball.

If we don't get Mathis with pick no.23, than I think Faine would be a good choice.

of course this all changes if we don't get a DT in FA...
          My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• wwovince
            Squish the Freakin FISH and bury the PATSIES!!!
            • Jul 2002

If we get a DT in FA then i say yes he would be a good selection for our 1st rounder. Im a huge ND fan and watched every game and that kid impressed me every single game. Hard nosed kick arse kid. Thats if he falls to our pick and a suprise top 10 player somehow drops to us lol
            I sell Wholesale. Anything your looking for i can get for you cheap email me!

Comment

• Dozerdog
              In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
              • Jul 2002

Bravo- you guys!

Great post, venus!

Comment

• EM Bills Fan 80
                Let's Go Buffalo!
                • Mar 2003

Okay......Your Crazy

Comment

• kgun12
                  • Jul 2002

OK Venis you are crazy!

Seriously though you have made a good arguement and I think Faine would be a good pick-up in the first round, heimpressed me the couple times I watched him play. This is of course assuming we get a DT in FA.
                  Retired Air Traffic Controller
                  USAF VETERAN
                  DAV

Comment

• venis2k1
                    Youboty can hope
                    • Jul 2002

He is listed as a Late First rounder...

Comment

• simpletask400
                      • Mar 2003

for the love of god, if td drafts a center in round 1, it would be the biggest waiste ever!!! it s totally out of the question. oline is one place the bills are set. buffalo needs to continue upgrading the pass rush and getting more turnovers. bledsoe will always be sacked at least 40 times, get over it. i think ur just bored thats y u posted this thread, i hope thats the case cause u have no point otherwise.

Comment

• The Spaz
                        • Mar 2003

If he's there in the 2nd round I say we grab him but we do not draft him in 1st period. We need to draft the best DT or DE in the 1st round. Go Bills!

Comment

• Tatonka
                          • Jul 2002

btw.. venis.. i really wouldnt want us to take this kid in the first.. but an upgrade at center definately wouldnt hurt..

i say.. trade down.. take mathis at the end of the first, then take this kid with our second if he is still around and still have an extra second.
                          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Ingtar33
                            Dances With Buffaloes
                            • Sep 2002

Hey T,

Back off... let him have a chance to get acclimated... no need to cut anyone’s head off on their 2nd post. Good to see another Bills fan found us.

Welcome to the board simpletask

just for future reference attack the post not the poster.
                            My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• venis2k1
                              Youboty can hope
                              • Jul 2002

Im sure it wouldnt be the most popular pick up in the world, but i feel a team starts and ends with its O-Line(could be because i played on the O-line for 7 years) Its like how a DT makes his LBs better, a Great Center makes his RB, QB, WRs better.

Comment

Working...
                              X