PDA

View Full Version : Call me crazy.....

venis2k1
03-13-2003, 09:20 PM
*Note* I am going about this post assuming we sign Sam Adams*Note*

With our first pick in the draft, who should we grab???? a DE? a DT? a LB? a S? I say no!!!!!! I think we should take a Long Hard look at Jr. C Jeff Faine out of Notre Dame. Whats that??? We already have a C in Trey Teague. I have heard many of you complain that he is "a Center getting paid like a LT". But more than that, he isnt a very good center. He is a Very Smart Center, often pointing out Defensive schemes to Drew, but just dosent have the great technique that a Franchise C like Faine could give us. I have been watching some tapes from last season and it looks like Teague is the weak spot on the line when it comes to Pass Blocking. His first step is often too far backwards, almost Instantly Colapsing the pocket. He is However a great Run Blocker.:drinker:

Demon
03-13-2003, 09:31 PM
Waste of a 1st rounder if you ask me.

I think we should pick Mike Doss with the 23rd and in the 2nd round pick Kelly Washington (i think thats hes name lol) from Tennessee. From what i hear this guy is the next Randy Moss except the off the field BS.

venis2k1
03-13-2003, 09:38 PM
I disagree, I think getting Bledsoe not sacked 50+ times a year isnt a waste of a pick at all, might add a few years to his carrer.

venis2k1
03-13-2003, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by Demon
in the 2nd round pick Kelly Washington (i think thats hes name lol) from Tennessee. From what i hear this guy is the next Randy Moss except the off the field BS.

I dont want any more Vols on this Roster!!!! Besides i think i heard he had a great pro day, and moved right up into the first round.

Ingtar33
03-13-2003, 09:45 PM
Venus2k1,

I'll forgive you for not including me in the sexiest man in the NFL thread... because you're dead on in this one.

Now I think Faine is good enough to be drafted in the first round... and he probably wouldn't last to our pick in the 2nd... but we could always take that chance... He would be just as good, if not better than Teague right now, furthermore it would solve the biggest problem we currently have on the offensive side of the ball.

If we don't get Mathis with pick no.23, than I think Faine would be a good choice.

of course this all changes if we don't get a DT in FA...

wwovince
03-13-2003, 09:47 PM
If we get a DT in FA then i say yes he would be a good selection for our 1st rounder. Im a huge ND fan and watched every game and that kid impressed me every single game. Hard nosed kick arse kid. Thats if he falls to our pick and a suprise top 10 player somehow drops to us lol

Dozerdog
03-13-2003, 09:49 PM
Bravo- you guys!

Great post, venus!

EM Bills Fan 80
03-13-2003, 09:58 PM
Okay......Your Crazy

kgun12
03-13-2003, 09:59 PM
OK Venis you are crazy!

Seriously though you have made a good arguement and I think Faine would be a good pick-up in the first round, heimpressed me the couple times I watched him play. This is of course assuming we get a DT in FA.

venis2k1
03-13-2003, 09:59 PM
He is listed as a Late First rounder...

simpletask400
03-13-2003, 10:02 PM
for the love of god, if td drafts a center in round 1, it would be the biggest waiste ever!!! it s totally out of the question. oline is one place the bills are set. buffalo needs to continue upgrading the pass rush and getting more turnovers. bledsoe will always be sacked at least 40 times, get over it. i think ur just bored thats y u posted this thread, i hope thats the case cause u have no point otherwise.

The Spaz
03-13-2003, 10:09 PM
If he's there in the 2nd round I say we grab him but we do not draft him in 1st period. We need to draft the best DT or DE in the 1st round. Go Bills!

Tatonka
03-13-2003, 10:10 PM
btw.. venis.. i really wouldnt want us to take this kid in the first.. but an upgrade at center definately wouldnt hurt..

i say.. trade down.. take mathis at the end of the first, then take this kid with our second if he is still around and still have an extra second.

Ingtar33
03-13-2003, 10:12 PM
Hey T,

Back off... let him have a chance to get acclimated... no need to cut anyone’s head off on their 2nd post. Good to see another Bills fan found us.

Welcome to the board simpletask

just for future reference attack the post not the poster.

venis2k1
03-13-2003, 10:20 PM
Im sure it wouldnt be the most popular pick up in the world, but i feel a team starts and ends with its O-Line(could be because i played on the O-line for 7 years) Its like how a DT makes his LBs better, a Great Center makes his RB, QB, WRs better.

WG
03-13-2003, 10:28 PM
Sounds good to me. Again, assuming your assumption is correct.

Can't go wrong w/ some solid OL or DL though. Maybe just wait to see which of our top picks at any of the three, DT, DE, and Faine are available first.

Sounds good though. I'm not a huge Teague fan. Nice guy, but overpaid and undersized at C. Got pushed around a LOT last year!

lordofgun
03-13-2003, 10:32 PM
BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE!

venis2k1
03-13-2003, 10:45 PM
A later round center that might be worth looking into is Brett Romberg out of Miami, Seems like he is a nice guy, good at pass blocking, Protected Ken "to skinny to be good" Dorsey. He was a big part of that teams offense, and he is also a very good leader. This years "RIMINGTON TROPHY" winner, awarded to the best Center. "has never allowed a quarterback sack in his college" He also played some Gaurd AND Tackle when injurys required him to, you know how TD like those versitile guys. He wouldnt make the imidiate Impact that Faine would. Its not all good news with this guy though, he is small and i could see him getting overpowered by DTs in the NFL, His run Blocking leaves alot to be disired, On top of that, he is Canadian!!!!! Romberg could be good if he hits the weight room hard, He is smart, and he is tough, but dont expect him to see much of the feild his first year or two if we draft him.

Gunzlingr
03-13-2003, 10:53 PM
I agree with LOG

BuffaloRanger
03-13-2003, 11:04 PM
I've been talking up Faine other places for about a week. I converted my thinking from Dline to Oline in the first round. But this is all dependant on the Bills signing adams.

Hear me out...

Bills now have McKenzie, Jones, Schobel, Denney, Irons etc at DE. Drafting a DE in the first would be giving up on Denney, a guy TD traded up to get in the 2nd. Where would a 1st rd DE fit in?

At DT the Bills have Big Pat, Adams (hopefully), Bannan, Edwards, Robertson. A first rd DT could be used for depth here in case of injury, but that's about it.

We need a FS not a SS. A 1st rd FS would have too steep a learning curve to start out. Do we really want a rookie playing with wire (1 year experience). Bills need to sign a FA here.

Offensive line - Bills have Price backing up both OT positions and Pucillo (7th rdr) backing up both OG positions with no back-up center if Conaty walks. That's nothing!

Faine played Center and can play OG. He gives the Bills max flexability. He could be a franchise center. He could provide depth at OG or play center allowing Mike Williams to move to LT and Jennings and Teague to fight it out for RT.

A dominant line is a thing of beauty. O-line has been one place the Bills couldn't improve in FA.

Think about this. It makes alittle more sense now doesn't it?

That said, I'm still for best player available.

venis2k1
03-13-2003, 11:15 PM
nice points BuffaloRanger

BuffaloRanger
03-13-2003, 11:24 PM
Thanks Venis2k1, I agree with you 100% on Faine. Hopefully if things continue to fall into place in FA, Faine will be an obvious need and choice.

Some people have blinders on about drafting Dline because all the experts have said how deep the draft was. If it doesn't make sense though, why force it?

venis2k1
03-14-2003, 02:09 AM
Originally posted by Demon
Waste of a 1st rounder if you ask me.

I think we should pick Mike Doss with the 23rd and in the 2nd round pick Kelly Washington (i think thats hes name lol) from Tennessee. From what i hear this guy is the next Randy Moss except the off the field BS.

1. I thought Doss was a SS

2. I looked into Kelly Washington...looks like a Randy Moss guy all right

"Kelley Washington, WR, Tennessee: Has major attitude and injury questions, which hurt him. Has high first-round ability. He's also older after playing pro baseball before going to Tennessee. Board status: Falling. "

This is what or O-line will look like with Faine:

:sumo: :sumo: :sumo: :sumo: :sumo:

northernbillfan
03-14-2003, 02:47 AM
Great thread V2K. :up:

I brought this point up a while ago, regarding some juniors that were eligible this year, and his name was on that list. However, I was slammed for bringing up the idea we draft a junior with our 2nd round pick.

Of course that was before Spikes, and the possibility of Sam Adams.

Teague has some problems palying center, and we can move him over a bit, and put some real talent in there.

venis2k1
03-14-2003, 03:54 AM
Originally posted by BuffaloRanger
Some people have blinders on about drafting Dline because all the experts have said how deep the draft was. If it doesn't make sense though, why force it?

Thats what worries me, I think alot of the Later D-linemen projected in the first round (Kevin Williams,Rien Long,Ty Warren,Dewayne White) are reaches. This is a really great class for D-linemen(Suggs, Kennedy, Robertson, William Joseph) but I fear that alot of D-linemen are gonna be taken well before their time in the first round. One Mock Draft I saw had 13 D-linemen going in the first round!!!!