PDA

View Full Version : Ramblings

Dr. Lecter
05-13-2007, 12:43 AM
1. Ryan Miller must play better. He let in soft one's tonight that let the Senators back in the game. He must stop that. There is no excuse for it.
2. Emery is still soft. He gives up juicy, tasty rebounds that are not taken advantage of.
3. Ottawa has great defensemen. They are playing very well and are a big part of the reason the Sabres are struggling.
4. Related to #2, the Sabres must stop being fancy and take more shots.
5. The bounces are not going the Sabres way. Emery falling down in the first OT is a perfect example. Neither Max or Vanek could control the puck for an easy winner.
6. Alfredsson is a great player. But that was a big time cheap shot on Tallinder.
7. When a cop tells you to stop, do not drive around him. And if you do, do not mouth off to the cop when he runs up to you at the next intersection. I watched this 'tard try that. He ended up in 'cuffs. I laughed.
8. Can Marv Levy and Bobby April stop by Sabres practice? The special teams suck big time.
9. Going on the road might be good for this team.
10. The Sabres need to stop making the homerun, breakaway pass. It is not working at all.

MTBillsFan
05-13-2007, 01:44 AM
Agreed,
Special teams are killing us Ottawa's PP is near 38% against us! Maybe, just maybe this team misses Mckee? He blocked more shot last year than anyone else in the league.

Also, Ottawa seems to be out skating us to all the pucks and finishing their shifts strong

YardRat
05-13-2007, 05:59 AM
Good list Doc, and I'd add...

11. 60 full minutes of effort with no lazy shifts.
12. Ruff needs to stop screwing with the lines, stop 'mixing things up'. If players aren't playing, don't just move them around-Sit their ass and bring up Stafford, etc to replace them in the line-up.
13. Is it just me, or has Zubrus' play dropped a notch or two since Golisano publicly labeled him a 'rental player'?

The only point I'll disagree on is Emery--he's kicking our ass.

Michael82
05-13-2007, 08:52 AM
13. Is it just me, or has Zubrus' play dropped a notch or two since Golisano publicly labeled him a 'rental player'?

I noticed that too. It was kinda like he was hoping at first that he would be re-signed and get to stay in a rabid city like Buffalo and play for this team where he is having fun. But then when the Owner pretty much said, no...we're just renting you for the year and then tossing you the curb...he was upset and his play went downhill. :sigh:

Dr. Lecter
05-13-2007, 10:06 AM
One more: Quit *****ing about the refs. Ruff and Miller were both doing so after the game. The Sabes had more PP's than Ottawa. The refs were not the problem. Miller and Ruff sound like a bunch of whining fans.

don137
05-13-2007, 10:11 AM
I think the refs helped the Sens with questionable calls. Just because the Sens commit penalties does not mean they need to equal it out with questionable calls. I am not blaming the loss on the refs though...
One thing about the winning goal that I think is the difference between the Sabres and the Sens. If it was reversed and won the face off and Buffalo took the shot I think the shot would not of made it through and would of been bloacked. I do not think the Sabres are sacrificing their bodies like they did last year.

Mitchy moo
05-13-2007, 10:13 AM
#19) Win 4 games against Ottawa

YardRat
05-13-2007, 10:26 AM
#19) Win 4 games against Ottawa

In the next week-and-a-half, preferably.

Michael82
05-13-2007, 11:42 AM
I do not think the Sabres are sacrificing their bodies like they did last year.

That goes back to what I said before....these guys are terrified of injury and it's affecting their game big time! :ill:

Dr. Lecter
05-13-2007, 08:30 PM
Here is another one:

Relax. I think that it is not a lack of effort, but rather they are pressing and letting the pressure of being the favorite get to them.

Play your game. Do not look for the perfect shot or perfect play. Calm down and let it be natural.

RockStar36
05-13-2007, 09:44 PM
The only point I'll disagree on is Emery--he's kicking our ass.

I disagree with you. I've never thought much of Emery and I especially don't after these first two games. He has a great team protecting him and making him look a hell of a lot better than he really is. I was much more worried about the first two goalies they faced than this guy.

Dozerdog
05-13-2007, 10:48 PM
Emery gives up really bad goals. We need to put 30-35 shots a game on him- not 20-25

Dozerdog
05-13-2007, 10:49 PM
We are getting half the shots we put up on Lundquist and are scoring twice as much

Michael82
05-14-2007, 12:45 AM
Emery gives up really bad goals. We need to put 30-35 shots a game on him- not 20-25
Excellent post! If the Sabres stand a chance at winning this series....they gotta pepper Emery with at least 30-35 shots a game. Keep shooting em at him and always look for the rebounds.

jamze132
05-14-2007, 03:49 AM
If we can throw 30 pucks at Emery each game the rest of the series, and if Miller can stop a couple of easy ones, we should win the next 4 games.