PDA

View Full Version : HILE BETTMAN

tat2dmike77
05-13-2007, 01:34 AM
Yet again it seems mr bettmans distaste for buffalo is coming out once again. Now i don't mind losing but we can all agree that those 2 penalties in the 2nd period changed the game for ottawa. Both of those pens were BS. Yet in OT there is no boarding penalty called on ottawa. Cause in the words of the annoucer the refs view was blocked. Yeah all of the officals view was blocked ok whatever. This is just anther ploy by the NHL to keep a small market team down. I know ottawa is no huge market and believe me it won't matter cause if this BS is going to continue either detroit or anaheim will hoist the cup. Why cause it will bring in ratings, fans, and more merchandise will sell. Even though you can't get any sabres stuff shipped right away. I had to wait 3 weeks just for a tee shirt. Anyway hile bettman

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i60/tat2dmike77/photoshop/Bettmancar.jpg

LtBillsFan66
05-13-2007, 06:26 AM
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=126840

TheGhostofJimKelly
05-13-2007, 08:40 AM
There is no conspiracy to keep the Sabres from losing. Yes, there were two terrible penalties that allowed Ottawa to take the lead in the game, but there are not to many reasons why the NHL would want the Senators to win over Buffalo. They have a contract with the Vs. network. The Vs. network is not available in Ottawa. I can't imagine that they want their only US tv network to be shutout of viewers in Ottawa when they can have all the viewers they get in the Buffalo market. If Ottawa wins I can see the ratings for the Cup finals being pretty bad on Vs.

Dr. Lecter
05-13-2007, 10:04 AM
lol!

There is no conspiracy. There were some questionable calls, but by the same token Roy had no reason to have his stick near anybody's head and Campbell did not need to pie-face the Ottawa player.

The Sabres had 7 PP's. Ottawa had 4.

This *****ing about the refs is old, tiresome and a bunch if BS.

ddaryl
05-13-2007, 10:12 AM
the Sabres are beating themselves.... 0 - 13 on the powerplay... no team is going to win the cup playing that badly on special teams.

and yes the whining conspiracy theories of dejected Buffalonians is growing extremly tiresome. If we played a full 60 minutes those penalties wouldn't had mattered anyways, and Ottowa would have been the team on its heels taking dumb penalties... instead it was us.

Bill Brasky
05-13-2007, 10:42 AM
the Sabres are beating themselves.... 0 - 13 on the powerplay... no team is going to win the cup playing that badly on special teams.

and yes the whining conspiracy theories of dejected Buffalonians is growing extremly tiresome. If we played a full 60 minutes those penalties wouldn't had mattered anyways, and Ottowa would have been the team on its heels taking dumb penalties... instead it was us.

nail on head

TheGhostofJimKelly
05-13-2007, 01:43 PM
On the game tying goal there should have been a penalty on Campbell for interference. As the puck was coming around he nailed one of the Senators from behind to the ice. It allowed the puck to get to Connolly who shot it and Briere put the rebound home.

This team is better than this and they need to start showing it.

OpIv37
05-13-2007, 02:41 PM
while I agree that the Sabres' mistakes and lack of effort and crappy ST's had a lot to do with the loss, think about this:

-Overturned PP goal by Vanek early- if the video is inconclusive, the call on the ice should stand. The call on the ice was a goal...
- Not at least REVIEWING the one shot that Skatezilla was talking about. Was it definitively a goal? I don't know. But in the playoffs, you have to review that **** to be sure you got it right.
-Not one but TWO questionable calls in a row to give the Senators a 5 on 3.
-After making questionable calls on the Sabres, Alfredson gets away with boarding, Fisher gets away with punching Spacek in the face, and Emery gets away with whacking Drury, Vanek and anyone else who came within arm's length of the goal crease.

I don't want to let the Sabres off the hook for a poor performance because with a little more effort, they could have won in spite all of that.

But when that much questionable **** happens in one game, one has to at least wonder if something is going on behind the scenes.