PDA

View Full Version : At this point, what would be worse?

Ebenezer
05-13-2007, 01:59 AM
Of course we are all hoping the Sabres can come back....but what would be worse...

losing in 5 or losing in 7? :eek:

clumping platelets
05-13-2007, 02:02 AM
Losing in 4 :mad:

Ebenezer
05-13-2007, 02:18 AM
Losing in 4 :mad:
I'm going out on a limb...they'll win at least one in Ottawa

jamze132
05-13-2007, 05:19 AM
Until Miller stops letting easy ones by him, we have no chance. The overtime winner was by no means his fault though, just a bad bounce.

YardRat
05-13-2007, 06:15 AM
Losing in five would be much worse. If we manage to get to a game 7, at least we played like we belonged here in the first place.

Right now we look as if we're in over our head.

shelby
05-13-2007, 06:48 AM
This team is frustrating the :curse: out of me.

Michael82
05-13-2007, 08:55 AM
right now I could see the Sabres getting swept or losing in 5. That would be worse. 7 games would mean that they came back and just barely lost to a good team. 5 games or a sweep means that they didn't bother to show up after they got this ass kicked in the first 2 games. :ill:

Jan Reimers
05-13-2007, 09:22 AM
There is no reason why we can't win 2 in Ottawa and regain home ice advantage.

Oh wait. There is a reason. We stink right now.

Michael82
05-13-2007, 09:29 AM
There is no reason why we can't win 2 in Ottawa and regain home ice advantage.

Oh wait. There is a reason. We stink right now.
EXACTLY! :sigh:

TheGhostofJimKelly
05-13-2007, 09:47 AM
I would think losing in 5 would be worse, but I don't know, I am still optimistic.

SpillerThrills
05-13-2007, 09:59 AM
we need to be able to put more than 2 pucks in the net in the first 59:50 of the game....... with the rebounds that Emery gives up we should be able to score about 5-7 each game.

ddaryl
05-13-2007, 10:08 AM
You could see the problem the moment the 2nd period started yesterday, they lost there edge, and seemed happy to wait for something to happen, instead of making it happen... and Ottowa took advantage of it.

but bottom line is if our special teams does not do a complete 180 you can stick a fork in us. Without some powerplay goals and better penalty killing we'll be lucky to last 5....

Ebenezer
05-13-2007, 10:17 AM
i think losing in 7 would be worse...that would mean they would come back to tie the series...tease the heck out of us...get all our hopes up again...and then have them crashing back to earth...:sadwalk:

SABURZFAN
05-13-2007, 10:18 AM
Of course we are all hoping the Sabres can come back....but what would be worse...

losing in 5 or losing in 7? :eek:

losing is not in my vocabulary.

GO SABRES!!!!!!!!!!! :oldskool:

Ebenezer
05-13-2007, 10:18 AM
losing is not in my vocabulary.

don't go sounding all Hank Bullough on us...if it wasn't you couldn't use it in a sentence...:rofl:

Meathead
05-13-2007, 12:43 PM
i only care about the number of games being higher because it gives us a chance at a few more parties

other than that four or seven dont make a damn bit o diff to me, it still blows donkey

kinigirly
05-13-2007, 12:56 PM
i think losing in 7 would be worse...that would mean they would come back to tie the series...tease the heck out of us...get all our hopes up again...and then have them crashing back to earth...:sadwalk:

that's exactly what i was thinking. how many times do i have to deal with my teams getting so close to glory then losing it right at the end. if the hockey gods aren't gonna let us win this just make the pain quick and short.

SabreEleven
05-13-2007, 01:10 PM
Until Miller stops letting easy ones by him, we have no chance. The overtime winner was by no means his fault though, just a bad bounce.

Blaming these losses on Miller is just idiotic. Every goalie lets in goals. If Miller played as bad as the team in front him, this game would been 10-3

jamze132
05-14-2007, 03:40 AM
Blaming these losses on Miller is just idiotic. Every goalie lets in goals. If Miller played as bad as the team in front him, this game would been 10-3
Well what's idiotic is having a GAA of 4.00 in the conference finals. I know it's not all his fault, the defense has been leaving to many shooting lanes, especially on the power play. But he needs to play better if we are going to get back in this thing. He has let too many easy goals by him and it seems like whenever someone gets one on one with him, it's an automatic goal. He needs to step up and play like a Stanley Cup champion goalie or he will never have the opportunity.

Ebenezer
05-14-2007, 05:09 AM
Well what's idiotic is having a GAA of 4.00 in the conference finals. I know it's not all his fault, the defense has been leaving to many shooting lanes, especially on the power play. But he needs to play better if we are going to get back in this thing. He has let too many easy goals by him and it seems like whenever someone gets one on one with him, it's an automatic goal. He needs to step up and play like a Stanley Cup champion goalie or he will never have the opportunity.
yeah...we should be winning every game 2-1...:rolleyes:...the guy has made some incredible saves...without him we lose the first two games 7-2, 7-2

Dr. Lecter
05-14-2007, 07:28 AM
yeah...we should be winning every game 2-1...:rolleyes:...the guy has made some incredible saves...without him we lose the first two games 7-2, 7-2

He also let in some very soft goals.

Championship goaltenders do not do that every game.

jamze132
05-14-2007, 03:04 PM
Yeah the guy has made some great saves, there is no disputing that but he has allowed more soft goals than tough saves made so far.

We can assume what the score would have been all day long but the bottom line is it is what it is. He needs to step up his game as well as the guys in front of him. The blame is by no means only his, hell the shooters aren't shooting, our defense is blowing assignments and everyone is turning the puck over.

If Ryan Miller wants to make a statement and prove that he is a great goaltender, he needs to step up since he is in the high profile position on the ice. Everyone knows he can do it and I think he knows what he has to do. LETS GO SABRES!