PDA

View Full Version : I hope Golisano cleans house!

Nighthawk
03-13-2003, 09:25 PM
Man, I hope he gets rid of Regier & Ruff! These two have overstayed their welcome here and it is time to go in a different direction. Regier had to be forced to get rid of players that we could have done without a long time ago. The problem with the Sabres is that they are a lot of the same players and most are average. Ruff gravytrained off of Hasek and has really shown what kind of coach he is these last 2 years. Let's hope we get a fresh start...because I for one won't be excited about next season if those two are there again. :madfire:

Earthquake Enyart
03-13-2003, 09:35 PM
As long as he doesn't bring Quinn in, I'm with you.

WereRat
03-13-2003, 09:36 PM
Quinn is already on board with Tommy G. though. That's the problem...

Buffarama
03-13-2003, 10:20 PM
Clean House. Please.

The Spaz
03-13-2003, 10:28 PM
I really don't mind Darcy Regier. I mean the only problem he has is not signing draft picks and that's not his fault if they don't have any money he can't do that. I think he really does make good trades. What's wrong with asking for the moon when teams are looking to pluck you dry for nothing because they think you are desperate. Go Sabres!

WereRat
03-13-2003, 10:34 PM
The issue with Darcy is he took a team that was a definite cup contender and within 3 seasons they are bottom of the league. A problem like that has to start with the management, IMHO. There and coaching.

BironsGirl43
03-14-2003, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by The Spaz
I really don't mind Darcy Regier. I mean the only problem he has is not signing draft picks and that's not his fault if they don't have any money he can't do that. I think he really does make good trades. What's wrong with asking for the moon when teams are looking to pluck you dry for nothing because they think you are desperate. Go Sabres!

Agreed.. given what he has been to work with.. he's done a great job. He makes smart trades.. I don't think Regier is the problem..

Typ0
03-14-2003, 01:28 AM
I don't think Regier is the problem either. I highly doubt he was responsible for the Pecca situation. The big whig Adelphia idiots I'm sure told him he was not going to get the money he needed to keep the team at the level they were at. I have seen a lot of good things from Regier I'd like to see what would happen if the owners were committed to winning.

Typ0
03-14-2003, 01:28 AM
Ruff is a different story though he needs to move along.

Buffarama
03-14-2003, 05:37 AM
It's all about marketing as well. We all need a fresh start. The team has nothing to lose by moving everyone and everything to gain. It can go no lower.

The Spaz
03-14-2003, 06:38 AM
How many compinent GM's are there in the league is all I'm saying if Darcy was given the tools to succeed such as Gregg Williams of the Bills could that turn the Sabres around? This whole thing started because of no money and being lied to. Now we just have to have faith that Golisiano and CO. right this ship and return us to the playoffs is the 1st start. Go Sabres!

Buffarama
03-14-2003, 07:06 AM
The hell with Darcy. I might change my signature to just that.

The Spaz
03-14-2003, 07:19 AM
Hey Buffarama why "the hell with Darcy"? The guy is not a bad GM you only can do so much with the crap he had to work with which was just that crap. Go Sabres!

WereRat
03-14-2003, 07:25 AM
We are all simply trying to understand what happened in the fairly short time to slide so far from a playoff caliber team. I'm not on the "its all Rigas's fault" page for that one, since the slide started before his issues came into light. So whether it was Ruff, Darcy, or some combo of them who really knows.

That being said, I have hopes that Galisano can get a plan together and turn it around. He has the smarts. Figure you don't become a self made billionare by being stupid. Sure, luck has a part, but usually a smaller one.

Ebenezer
03-14-2003, 08:15 AM
Quinn will be back. R&R will be gone simply because he will clean house.

What will really freak out the politicians is that Galisano is bringing Pidgeon with him. That is why they were so against his bid in the first place.

Dr. Who
03-14-2003, 08:59 AM
Personally, I would keep Darcy.

I also don't think Ruff is a bad coach, though he needs to move on. I've heard that he's already lined up to be the next Columbus coach.

What has kept the Sabres from being competitive is mostly a result of the financial/ownership woes. Do you really think we would have lost Peca if we had had the money to retain him? Those who think Regier has somehow destroyed a Cup contending team are fooling themselves. Hasek by himself elevated the team far above its quality, which was always at best hovering around top ten, better than average status.

WereRat
03-14-2003, 09:14 AM
Well said Dr. Who. And welcome to the board. :-)

Capt.Karacho
03-14-2003, 09:40 AM
Peca ... gone
Barnes... gone
Hasek...gone
I realy like these players and I was very dissapointed when they left the team, but Darcy had no choice.
We have a team with good players who need some time to develop themselves(Connolly, Afinogenov, Tallinder, Pyatt).But it seems to me, that the team needs two important changes.
1. Lindy has to go!!!!(He is not able to bring a young or just a strugling team forward)
2. A new owner who is able to trade some good veteran players who are not too old and too expensive, who are realy able to help the young ones to become better and the whole team much more succesfull!!!!

WereRat
03-14-2003, 10:27 AM
The way it looks right now at least, the new owner part will be announced at 1:30 or so today. You can watch it on Empire if you have that channel.

gilperreault
03-14-2003, 11:02 AM
the good moves thatt darcy has done in his tenure with the sabres, besides warrener. the guy is a coward, all he says is we have to continue to work harder, doesnt take responsisbilties, or accountabilty, just hides behind his 6 million man contract, why doesnt he take a pay cut...the guy has done f...all since he come here, and i challenge anyone to say different to me and back it up with facts, not opion please....just tired of the crap...

The Spaz
03-14-2003, 11:07 AM
You want facts try having to deal with the coward Rigases that are thieves and liers and still try and run a hockey team. If you don't think that that is afct go see where the Rigases are now! Go Sabres!

Judge
03-14-2003, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Ebenezer
Quinn will be back. R&R will be gone simply because he will clean house.

What will really freak out the politicians is that Galisano is bringing Pidgeon with him. That is why they were so against his bid in the first place.

Yup. And they were willing to take it to the extreme of potentially losing the Sabres over their petty political fighting.

Ebenezer
03-14-2003, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Judge
Yup. And they were willing to take it to the extreme of potentially losing the Sabres over their petty political fighting.

Yet, they keep getting re-elected...what does that tell you about the people of WNY??

WereRat
03-14-2003, 01:37 PM
I don't think Darcy will be going anywhere anytime soon, expecially with Quinn back in a ranking position.

Nighthawk
03-15-2003, 09:18 AM
Darcy makes the trades for players who are not tough, gritty, hockey players. He has no idea what kind of team this area likes and this is ALL on HIS shoulders! As long as he can find a player that fits the price range of the budget, he could make the trade...however, this guy constantly brings in the same kind of average player. You know that kind I'm talking about...doesn't go in the corner, won't take a hit, doesn't work hard every night! That is on Regier, not any idiot, thief owner like Regas, not on our budget restraint, not on a small market...but on him and who he chooses to build the team around.

Let's face it, if you're a Sabres fan then you know what kind of team this area likes and he hasn't put that team on the ice! It doesn't take a big payroll to put a team on the ice that works hard and is fun to watch play. Yeah, a few goal scorers are definitly needed, but let's remold this team and let's do it with a new guy at the controls!

WereRat
03-15-2003, 10:00 AM
The one place I will disagree with you on that point is Briere. So far (might be early to tell, though) he is willing to take hits, fight in the corners, AND to score goals.

Nighthawk
03-15-2003, 03:09 PM
Agreed, but that is 1 player out of how many trades???

Sabre Ally
03-15-2003, 10:55 PM
What about Mair? geez, you guys are sure good at complaining. take a look around and notice that there are some good things here!

Nighthawk
03-16-2003, 03:40 PM
It's not complaining, it's having the right and the ability to know that this guy will not get it done. Anybody who believes that Regier can get it done is fooling themselves!

The Spaz
03-16-2003, 06:58 PM
Sure OL wiseone nighthawk you know all!When was regier given all the tools to do the job? When was the last time he worked with an honest owner? If you don't think he's had the hardest time being the Sabres GM then you are blind deaf and a mute. Go Sabres!

Nighthawk
03-16-2003, 08:59 PM
Actually Spaz, I never said he had to get the best players...go back and read my messages! I said he brings the wrong players in here...you know, the soft, never go to the net players. I'm not asking that he bring in Sakic, Forsberg, Amonte, Kariya, etc...I'm just asking that he bring in players who will play hard on most nights...have you watched this team lately...they have played hard for the last 2 years. Obviously some of that is Ruff, but a lot has to do with Regier. He doesn't need to spend tons of money to get good, hard working guys in here...part of the problem is that he overvalues his players. So keep making excuses for him and we'll be right back here next year and as long as he is here! You might like that, but I don't...I guess your one of those, settle for anything kinda of fans...that's alright, but that's not me.

Oh, by the way...it's called the freedom to have my own opinion...Ole Wiseone, Spaz!

The Spaz
03-16-2003, 09:16 PM
Thanks for the recognition nighthawk. He brings in players that he is able to get with the crappy owners he has to deal with. Also you may see the players playing badly because they are out of the playoffs. That is Ruffs responsibility once there on the ice to deal with everyone's spirits and personalities. All I am saying if Darcy sticks around with the new management coming in he will no doubt do a better job, Half the problem was not having money to sign the draft picks that he selects. So yeah he has nothing to show for his drafting skills. Go Sabres!

Nighthawk
03-17-2003, 05:16 PM
Agreed, if he stays I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for 1 more year, but he's got to show something in the draft. I guess we just have to wait and see. At least this gets us talking about the Sabres!