PDA

View Full Version : Wright Knows Whats Up!! (latest Adams News)

Romes
03-13-2003, 09:28 PM
Bills | More On Potential Adams Signing - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
19:23 PT: John Wawrow reports for the Associated Press free agent DT Sam Adams (Raiders) is holding out hope the Buffalo Bills will make an offer to sign him. "Buffalo offers the most intriguing possibility for Sam to go to the Super Bowl next year," his agent Angelo Wright said Thursday. "And acquiring Sam Adams would make the Bills the front-runner in the AFC." Wright attempted to negotiate a long-term deal with the Bills, but the two sides remain stalled on how much the player is worth.

I like this part.

"Buffalo offers the most intriguing possibility for Sam to go to the Super Bowl next year," his agent Angelo Wright said Thursday. "And acquiring Sam Adams would make the Bills the front-runner in the AFC."

I think he is absolutley right!! That is why we need same here. IMO, its a matter of who caves first to the demands of the other Adams or TD. Knowing TD, its probably going to be Adams.

venis2k1
03-13-2003, 09:32 PM
I just hope Adams dosent end up with the Cards :(

Tatonka
03-13-2003, 09:36 PM
i am starting to wonder if we are really gonna sign him.

kgun12
03-13-2003, 09:50 PM
I'm getting nervous also. I like it is extremely important to sign a veteran at DT if we are going to make a deep run in the palyoffs. I also think the other priority in FA is a kicker, so let's sign Hollis! If I knew that there would be a better DTand K cut on June 1st than I would say don't blink TD. There just is an insurance that this will happen.

Lone Stranger
03-14-2003, 03:54 AM
Strictly a waiting game now. Adams wants a lot more $ than TD is willing to pay. I'm with TD on this. We have to be very careful on how we use our remaining resources....there is not an unlimited amount of money.

shelby
03-14-2003, 04:19 AM
i agree....TD knows exactly what he's doing. :snicker: If Adams wants to play in Buffalo, he'll have to settle for what TD offers.

OpIv37
03-14-2003, 06:52 AM
well if the Cards are the other option, Buffalo should be a no-brainer. The Bills are far from a lock for the Super Bowl, but their chances are infinitely better than Arizona's.

Already, I can't wait for the season to start- our team has been vastly upgraded even before the draft and it will be interesting to see how far they can take it.

Buffarama
03-14-2003, 07:05 AM
Adams signed late in the free agency period last year if I'm not mistaken. This way he can get closer to his price, skip all the camp BS (aka Bruce) and just get down to business.
This may drag on quite a while before he signs.

BillsFanInMass
03-14-2003, 07:24 AM
just sign the fat basterd already so we can win the bowl lol

ct bills fan
03-14-2003, 10:06 AM
I'm trying to figure out the approach his agent is taking. I would think if he wanted leverage to use to get a bigger contract, he would be saying how Adams has many different options. By saying on numerous times that his clear cut #1 choice is Buffalo, isn't he "showing his cards." The fact that he's doing this leads me to believe that the two sides are very close, and an Adams signing is imminent. Adding to this the Spikes comments about Buffalo adding more free agents, I thinks it's a virtual lock.