• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Lynch gets to show his stuff

He caught passes out of the backfield that were thrown by quarterbacks other than J.P. Losman. He ran behind offensive linemen not named Jason Peters.

But all was well for running back Marshawn Lynch, who began the next phase of his football career during the first day of the Buffalo Bills’ rookie minicamp at Ralph Wilson Stadium.

The Bills’ highly regarded firstround draft choice was joined in the two 90-minute workouts Saturday by six other draft picks, 15 rookie free agents, six former members of the practice squad and 15 players invited to try out.

“It felt pretty good to actually get back to some football,” Lynch said. “It was a rocky start, but it’s something I’ve been looking forward to. I had a lot of fun out there for my first day. It was pretty cool.”

Lynch had to hustle to make it here on time. He missed his scheduled flight out of Oakland and didn’t arrive in Buffalo until Friday night.

He apologized for his tardiness, but it probably won’t affect his chances of making the team. The 12th overall pick in last April’s draft, Lynch is expected to replace Willis McGahee, who was traded to Baltimore, and give an inconsistent running game some spark. For now, though, it’s all about learning the offense and his role in it.

“It was our first day and we didn’t put much in, but for the most part I’ve got it down pat,” Lynch said. “It’s a different terminology, but football is football, so I should be solid.”
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS
  • JJamezz

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Re: Lynch gets to show his stuff

He apologized for his tardiness, but it probably won’t affect his chances of making the team.
    Boy, when the NFL said they were cracking down on bad behavior they weren't fooling around!

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

Must be the airline wouldn't let him claim his mother as a 'carry-on'.
      YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• B-DON
        hi
        • Mar 2004

Cant wait to see him abusing cats behind our floodgate of a left side. Should be lots of TD's to come.

Comment

Working...
        X