X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

Peterson 6 years 20 mill... now that is DIRT cheap

Jaguars | More On Peterson - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
    18:05 PT: Eddie Pells reports for the Associated Press LB Mike Peterson signed a six-year, $20.4 million contract with the Jacksonville Jaguars. The deal included $5 million in guaranteed bonuses. Peterson, who runs a 4.5-second 40-yard dash, was thought to be at the top of the list of free agents the Jaguars pursued. "Jacksonville was high on my list," he said. "I get to come back, play in front of my friends and family. It was a win-win situation for me."
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

spikes better be 12 million better than peterson.. jeez.. i cant believe how cheap he signed.. i assumed he wanted too much..
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Ingtar33
      Dances With Buffaloes
      • Sep 2002

Peterson was only top flight because the press only knows how to read stats...

He has always had question marks around him due to the perception that he wasn't a playmaker but a tackler... I have to say the vast majority of those critiques were right because most if not nearly all of his tackles happen five or ten yards down field.

He is a decent cover guy though... just a very below average run stopper.
      My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Tatonka
        • Jul 2002

so how much better is spikes is the question? is he gonna have a 12 million dollar impact difference? is he a playmaker, alot moreso than peterson?

Comment

• Tatonka
          • Jul 2002

i guess basically, what i am asking is

are we better off with

spikes 32mill
          posey 7 mill

or

colvin 26 mil
          peterson 20 mill

cuz it is a minimal difference..

and ing.. i never did hear what you thought of posey? you think he will work out in our defense? or was last year a fluke?

Comment

• Ingtar33
            Dances With Buffaloes
            • Sep 2002

Well, Posey I like...

I've only seen him like 3 times (and one of those times he was playing DE). But from what I've seen he looks like a faster and stronger version of Keith Newman, or conversely a slightly faster version of Rosey Colvin. The thing is he should fit our D well, because the SLB in this system has to play like basically a DE... and even better for us, Posey covers slightly better than Colvin.

That said, Colvin's got a great pass rushing instinct, but I like Posey as a value pickup. Of course he’s only had one good season so he could be a bust… but I don’t think so… we needed a guy on the outside who could get up field strong and fast, and hold the point of attack well… Posey can do both much better than Newman.

And yes... I think I just might take Posey and Spikes over Colvin and Peterson, solely because the former makes us faster than the latter.

Posey is faster than Colvin, Spikes is faster than Peterson
            Last edited by Ingtar33; 03-13-2003, 10:26 PM.
            My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• BuffaloRanger
              WORK HARD. PLAY HARD. LIVE HARD.
              • Mar 2003

Spikes is only counting 2.5 mil against the cap this year. That's a hell of a deal!
              Buffalo Only and Always.

Comment

• Tatonka
                • Jul 2002

yeah.. but it gets much worse.. he will count as much as 6.5 mill against the cap the final 2 years.

Comment

• venis2k1
                  Youboty can hope
                  • Jul 2002

Spikes wants to be in Buffalo, sounds like Peterson wanted to be in Jacksonville "I get to come back, play in front of my friends and family. It was a win-win situation for me."

Comment

• don137
                    • Jul 2002

A couple things. Buffalo needs a "playmaker" on defense not just a solid guy. To me Spikes is that guy. He will elevate the game of everyone else. I think he made the other defensive players on th Bengals better. Offensive coordinators have to plan for a guy like Spikes. They don't have to plan for a guy like Petersen.
                    In order to afford Spikes, TD got some good value in Posey. I would take Posey and Spikes over Colvin and Petersen anyday.

Comment

• ct bills fan
                      • Jul 2002

The thing that has me skeptical about Peterson is Polian said he wasn't going to hand out a lot of money to a very good player. He wanted a great player if he was going to pay as much as he was asking. As we all know, Polian has TD like judgment.

Comment

• XNOUGHT
                        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by ct bills fan
                        The thing that has me skeptical about Peterson is Polian said he wasn't going to hand out a lot of money to a very good player. He wanted a great player if he was going to pay as much as he was asking. As we all know, Polian has TD like judgment.
                        Not anymore. he signed a backup DT and a center to multi-million doller deals. He spent triple the money on a center and a backup DT from the Broncoes.
                        I'm lost.

Comment

• TedMock
                          • Jul 2002

People don't realize that the Colts D was actually solid last season. I guess that's thanks to Dungy. Considering what Spikes has done in Cincy, he's been more impressive due to surroundings. He did play with Simmons next to him and he's good but that's it!

Comment

• colin
                            Drew's my hero!
                            • Jul 2002

Peterson is not fit to toss Spikes' salad.

Spikes is a friggin ninja, if we get Adams (or some other giant power plug for that matter), our LBs are gonna DFK the whole AFCE.

Comment

Working...
                            X