PDA

View Full Version : QB Edwards in NY State of Mind

patmoran2006
05-14-2007, 07:01 AM
http://www.buffalonews.com/111/story/75461.html

Trent Edwards is a Stanford graduate, so we can take his word on the math. By his calculations, Edwards had been in Buffalo for 20 hours when he walked off the practice field late Saturday morning after the opening session of rookie minicamp.

“This is my first time ever in New York State,” said Edwards, the Bills’ third-round pick. “I’ve enjoyed it so far.”

Edwards was wise enough not to rip the Buffalo culture, which moved him directly ahead of Willis McGahee and Ray Emery on the local popularity charts. He also had the sense not to suggest that the Bills owe him the chance to compete for the No. 1 quarterback job in July.

Jan Reimers
05-14-2007, 07:05 AM
Sounds like a great kid. And he should make all of us - JP supporters, JP bashers, and those in the middle - feel better about our QB position.

patmoran2006
05-14-2007, 07:20 AM
Once the confusion and for me at least, disdain subsides over us leaving holes and taking a QB on day one; this kid may turn out good to be a good QB and if nothing else will bring more stability to the position.

You see too many starters go down in the NFL, so to have a quality backup could at some point prove to be valuable.