• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Kelsay's interview reveals some issues!

Kelsay was on Sirrius yesterday and this is what was said:

1) For you McCargo fans it sounds like he is still rehabbing his foot. Kelsay mentioned that he hopes he's in for camp.

2) Said Larry Tripplett struggled last year because he was used to a pass rushing D in Indy. Said he played better later on but obviously Kelsay had the balls to bring it up.

3) Didn't seem too confident that the Drawin Walker issue was going to get resolved quickly.

4) Never said the D was going to be better. Gave the "it's a business excuse" for Fletcher and Spikes and seemed concerned about losing them.

5) Sounded less concerned about Clements leaving and mentioned Yobouty as a talented player.

6) He was given a softball about POZ and he never went anywhere with it. Maybe Patrick Willis would have evoked a different reaction.

To be quite frank Kelsay interviews about the way he plays. Glad to be there. I was hoping for something a lot more positive especially because he was asked point blank about the losses on D and he didn't give any super encouraging responses.
  • gr8slayer
    • Feb 2005

Re: Kelsay's interview reveals some issues!

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
    Kelsay was on Sirrius yesterday and this is what was said:

1) For you McCargo fans it sounds like he is still rehabbing his foot. Kelsay mentioned that he hopes he's in for camp.

2) Said Larry Tripplett struggled last year because he was used to a pass rushing D in Indy. Said he played better later on but obviously Kelsay had the balls to bring it up.

3) Didn't seem too confident that the Drawin Walker issue was going to get resolved quickly.

4) Never said the D was going to be better. Gave the "it's a business excuse" for Fletcher and Spikes and seemed concerned about losing them.

5) Sounded less concerned about Clements leaving and mentioned Yobouty as a talented player.

6) He was given a softball about POZ and he never went anywhere with it. Maybe Patrick Willis would have evoked a different reaction.

To be quite frank Kelsay interviews about the way he plays. Glad to be there. I was hoping for something a lot more positive especially because he was asked point blank about the losses on D and he didn't give any super encouraging responses.
    I think McCargo will be fine. I read an article that said he was 100% Odd to hear this now.

Tripplett was also double teamed a lot last year.

Who cares about Darwin Walker. Let him sit out for two years and not get paid.

Spikes won't be missed (post injury), Fletcher is already missed.

Clements leaving is a non-issue, especially at $80 million.

Completely healthy Posluszny > Willis

Comment

• patmoran2006
      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
      • Dec 2005

DOesnt sound too positive for a borderline starter who just got $24 million dollars.

I cant stand this guy. Totally one-dimensional and a primary reason why our run defense is a joke.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• gr8slayer
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006
        DOesnt sound too positive for a borderline starter who just got $24 million dollars.

I cant stand this guy. Totally one-dimensional and a primary reason why our run defense is a joke.
        Sounds like Schobel.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
          • May 2003

[QUOTE=HHURRICANE

[/QUOTE]
          I think most of us are not simply "McCargo fans" per se (or JP fans or Youboty fans, etc., etc.), but Bills' fans. That is, we hope - and expect - our players, and particularly our high draft picks, to perform well, so that the TEAM improves.

I haven't seen enough of a guy like McCargo to have a real strong opinion either way. But we drafted him in the first round, so I have every expectation that he will make a big contribution to our D this year. That is simply in contrast to those who already "know" that he'll suck.
          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Pat
            Totally one-dimensional and a primary reason why our run defense is a joke.
            and Pat claims to know football? haha!
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Night Train
              Retired - On Several Levels
              • Jul 2005

You could read world famine and a pending stock market crash into what he said, in addition to the other speculation.

In other words, he said basically nothing.
              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                I think most of us are not simply "McCargo fans" per se (or JP fans or Youboty fans, etc., etc.), but Bills' fans. That is, we hope - and expect - our players, and particularly our high draft picks, to perform well, so that the TEAM improves.

I haven't seen enough of a guy like McCargo to have a real strong opinion either way. But we drafted him in the first round, so I have every expectation that he will make a big contribution to our D this year. That is simply in contrast to those who already "know" that he'll suck.
                Why do you have that unreasonable expectation when a) McCargo has been injured the last two seasons, b) McCargo didn't show much when he did play last year, and c) it takes time to adjust to the NFL, which McCargo didn't get because of his injury and d) he was only drafted in they first round because Marv thought he wouldn't be there at our pick in the 2nd?

I hope McCargo makes a contribution, but it's a lot more likely that he's going to struggle, at least for a while until he makes the adjustment.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• feelthepain
                  All-Pro Zoner
                  • Mar 2005

Well according to some Bill fans, what you saw from him last year is exactly what you can expect from him this year, so get the hope out of your head cause all that matters is what happend last year....or is that just something that only applies to other players on other teams, but doesn't apply to the Bill players?? I'm still trying to figure out the rules and theories that Bill fans put on other teams, but not their own.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

Haha! I agree with OP. You have UNREASONABLE expectations.
                    sacrifice1

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                      Haha! I agree with OP. You have UNREASONABLE expectations.
                      It is unreasonable. Is it impossible for McCargo to contribute? No, of course not. But if you look at the factors I listed, how can you reasonably expect the guy to come in and contribute? It doesn't make any sense.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• TedMock
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                        It is unreasonable. Is it impossible for McCargo to contribute? No, of course not. But if you look at the factors I listed, how can you reasonably expect the guy to come in and contribute? It doesn't make any sense.
                        The only issue I really have is with anybody saying that McCargo didn't play well last year. You can't just look at a stat sheet when it comes to a DT. The proof is in the pudding as they say. McCargo struggled in his first game. It was obvious. It was also obvious that he held his point of attack and did a very good job in the next few games before he got injured. How can anybody not see that? I just don't understand seeing that it's soooo painfully obvious that McCargo not only played fairly well, but that the run defense got significantly worse after his injury. It's so plain to see if you watched the games. That's why I don't get this entire piece of the argument.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                          In your world it's unreasonable. Wait let me think of it .... you're right. There haven't been any rookies in the past that have come in and made big contributions to their teams. /sarcasm .

If you tell me it's "unlikely" hell contribute then fine. Unreasonable? Puhlease.
                          sacrifice1

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                            In your world it's unreasonable. Wait let me think of it .... you're right. There haven't been any rookies in the past that have come in and made big contributions to their teams. /sarcasm .

If you tell me it's "unlikely" hell contribute then fine. Unreasonable? Puhlease.
                            you're splitting hairs now.

If something is unlikely, it's unreasonable to expect it to happen. That's called common sense.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by TedMock
                              The only issue I really have is with anybody saying that McCargo didn't play well last year. You can't just look at a stat sheet when it comes to a DT. The proof is in the pudding as they say. McCargo struggled in his first game. It was obvious. It was also obvious that he held his point of attack and did a very good job in the next few games before he got injured. How can anybody not see that? I just don't understand seeing that it's soooo painfully obvious that McCargo not only played fairly well, but that the run defense got significantly worse after his injury. It's so plain to see if you watched the games. That's why I don't get this entire piece of the argument.
                              In those other games we didn't exactly play stellar rushing teams, and while McCargo wasn't bad, he wasn't great either. Granted he was young and will probably improve, but he sure as hell didn't improve sitting around nursing an injury. Combine that with the "rotational" system where he's not even on the field every play, and people seem to be expecting a big impact from him when it's a lot more likely that his impact will be minimal (at least initially until he gets back on track- after that, who knows?).
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X