X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Coach Sal
    • Aug 2006

For JP Losman, More Toys Means No More Excuses

Marshawn Lynch and Paul Posluszny may be receiving all the fanfare that goes along with being high draft picks in the National Football League,and Derrick Dockery and Langston Walker may be smiling all the way to the nearest Western New York Bank as they are suddenly extremely rich men, but the biggest winner from all the moves the Buffalo Bills made this offseason is the one guy whose last name suggests just the contrary. Quarterback JP Losman must suddenly feel like a little kid who rushed down the stairs Christmas morning to find big boxes filled with toys just waiting to be played with..............

.....So, Losman has to make quick and efficient use of his new toys if he wants to continue as the team's starting QB, because Levy has left him no room for excuses.
    more.....
    Click to listen:

Buffalo Bills Now! and NFL Now! podcasts
    And every Saturday at 11am on WGR

"A good name is more desirable than great riches, and high esteem is better than silver and gold."

Class Character Commitment Consistency Courage
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Re: For JP Losman, More Toys Means No More Excuses

Give him a real #2 WR and a TE who can catch consistently and then he'll have no excuses.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
      Pinkerton's son
      • Feb 2006

Originally posted by patmoran2006
      Give him a real #2 WR and a TE who can catch consistently and then he'll have no excuses.
      I cant help but think the same thing. I LOVE Lynch, and im glad we helped out the o-line, but does getting a running back, a left guard and a possible starter at RT really constitute the "christmas morning" tag? Again, I'm very happy with what we did, but we have no true #2 WR on the team, so pat is right in my eyes.

Comment

• M
        • Aug 2006

And he improved after the powers-that-be rearranged his toy box after the bye. No reason to assume he won't continue to improve with NEW toys...
        Let's Go Bills ... B B B B B B Bills!

Comment

• patmoran2006
          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
          • Dec 2005

Originally posted by CTBills97
          And he improved after the powers-that-be rearranged his toy box after the bye. No reason to assume he won't continue to improve with NEW toys...
          Should be singular, not plural. Lynch is the only new toy. Outside of Evans, the rest are the same beat-up dolls he had last year. Although I got a good feeling about the kid WR from Florida Cornelius.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
            • Jul 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006
            I'd settle for either one of the above.

I will say that I've got my fingers crossed for Royal this year. I don't think he's a TE who'll ever stretch the field or demand the defense's attention, but I think he can be a lot more productive than last year. the coaches have made it pretty clear that they didn't involve him much last year b/c the OL needed so much help.

plus, with Lynch and Wright, each of whom can catch, JP may have more options out of the backfield when the downfield guys arent getting open.
            Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
              Pinkerton's son
              • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Saratoga Slim
              I'd settle for either one of the above.

I will say that I've got my fingers crossed for Royal this year. I don't think he's a TE who'll ever stretch the field or demand the defense's attention, but I think he can be a lot more productive than last year. the coaches have made it pretty clear that they didn't involve him much last year b/c the OL needed so much help.

plus, with Lynch and Wright, each of whom can catch, JP may have more options out of the backfield when the downfield guys arent getting open.
              Lets hope JP doesnt throw the ball over the back's heads like he did with McGahee way too many times last year. It seemed like on lots of his swing or screen passes he made Willis jump up and it totally disrupted the flow of the play. If he can improve on that it would be a lot of help for Lynch.

Comment

• Coach Sal
                • Aug 2006

I agree with all of you about the WR, but that's not the point I'm making.

The point is that if this offense struggles to move the ball and score points this season, Levy will be able to turn to Losman and say, "we upgraded the O-Line, we grabbed a new RB who plays hard, and we got the same results. That's a lot of changes with one constant: You!"

Whether or not those "upgrades" are truly that.....or if Lynch is able to perform right away or not, won't matter. Levy's not going to go out and overhaul those same positions again in one year or even two. He's setting himself up to change the QB position next. I really don't think he wants to do that. But he's building a system and structure to allow him to if he has to.
                Click to listen:

Buffalo Bills Now! and NFL Now! podcasts
                And every Saturday at 11am on WGR

"A good name is more desirable than great riches, and high esteem is better than silver and gold."

Class Character Commitment Consistency Courage

Comment

• The Answer
                  The Plagiarist
                  • Mar 2007

There is no more excuses for JP - especially with The Young Gun already breathing hot air on his neck.

~The Answer

Comment

• YardRat
                    Well, lookie here...
                    • Dec 2004

No excuses.

Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way.
                    YardRat Wall of Fame
                    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                      Sab and TD are insignificant
                      • Sep 2002

I'm really not even worried about this.

I'm certain that Losman will continue where he left off last season, and will be a very good NFL QB.
                      www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by ublinkwescore

I'm certain that Losman will continue where he left off last season, and will be a very good NFL QB.
                        I think we'll know for sure on opening day. I'm feeling the same way.

Comment

• Night Train
                          Retired - On Several Levels
                          • Jul 2005

I'm not worried at all. I'll root for J.P. to have a good year and lead us. If not, we just drafted his replacement and don't have to worry about spending a #1 pick on a QB for the next few years.

QB is no longer a big worry for me. I'm more concerned about the ability of our DL and if they can improve.
                          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                            Zero for Zero!
                            • Mar 2003

Great read as usual coach!
                            Originally posted by mysticsoto
                            Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                              Sab and TD are insignificant
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by ublinkwescore

I think that the coaching staff needs to let Losman take the game into his own hands a lot more this season.
                              www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

Working...
                              X