PDA

View Full Version : Anything short of the Stanley Cup is a COMPLETE failure.

JD
05-14-2007, 11:37 AM
Great, we won the division..

Great, we won the presidents trophy..

That wasnt the goal this season so I could give two ****s about those achievements. The thing is, THIS IS the last chance at glory in my opinion.

All players will be making more next year. Briere, Drury and/or Zubrus will be leaving.. possibly all three.

Numminen will probably be retiring.

After this year, it will be a "rebuilding year" as far as I see it. We'll have a team almost similar to last years, hopefully as good.

MacArthur, Kaleta, Funk, Stafford, Sekera could all be full-timers after this summer.

We have the team that can win it all, a team that SHOULD win it all. Connolly was suppose to be the missing link to the powerplay..wtf happened? Watch Detroits Power Play..ITS AMAZING. They are CONSTANTLY moving and utilizing every inch of the ice surface to just MAKE SOMETHING HAPPEN. They are playing balsy, taking chances.. something that the Sabres must do if they want to rally back in this series.

Do or Die.

LETS GO BUFFALO!

RockStar36
05-14-2007, 11:44 AM
I have to agree.

After last year I told myself that anything short of lifting the cup this year would be a complete letdown.

Philagape
05-14-2007, 11:45 AM
me too. Cup or failure

ddaryl
05-14-2007, 12:11 PM
count me in

stanley cup victory or bust

MikeInRoch
05-14-2007, 01:57 PM
"Should" is an interesting word. It's not like Buffalo is so much better than the other teams that are left. Maybe not any better at all. Once we got to this round of the playoffs, ALL the teams are extremely good. If you assessed the Sabres percentage chance of winning the cup once we got to this round about 35% (splitting the remaining 65% among the other three teams), then you were deluding yourself.

YardRat
05-14-2007, 02:02 PM
I'm in.

LtBillsFan66
05-14-2007, 02:06 PM
I'm in.

Philagape
05-14-2007, 04:05 PM
"Should" is an interesting word. It's not like Buffalo is so much better than the other teams that are left. Maybe not any better at all. Once we got to this round of the playoffs, ALL the teams are extremely good. If you assessed the Sabres percentage chance of winning the cup once we got to this round about 35% (splitting the remaining 65% among the other three teams), then you were deluding yourself.

To my dying breath, I will believe that if the Sabres consistently perform the way they are capable of and leave their hearts out there every night, no team can beat them four times in a series. If they fail, it will be because they beat themselves.

Typ0
05-14-2007, 04:28 PM
saying next year will be rebuilding is rediculous. We have a very strong roster here and in rochester.

Ebenezer
05-14-2007, 07:52 PM
that's the funny thing about the playoffs...the fans don't play the game.

Nighthawk
05-14-2007, 07:54 PM

It's too bad the fans aren't playing, since they would play harder and with more heart than the losers wearing Sabres jerseys. Pretty pathetic effort for being on the brink of elimination.

Ebenezer
05-14-2007, 08:01 PM
It's too bad the fans aren't playing, since they would play harder and with more heart than the losers wearing Sabres jerseys. Pretty pathetic effort for being on the brink of elimination.
again, I think Ottawa is THAT good - REALLY scary good.

Michael82
05-14-2007, 08:12 PM
i don't! I see flaws. And I really believe that they are beatable, IF the Sabres are on their game.

Nighthawk
05-14-2007, 08:14 PM

They're good, but their goalie is not championship caliber. Get shots on him and watch him crumble.

SabreEleven
05-14-2007, 08:17 PM

and the Sabres aren't either.

Ebenezer
05-14-2007, 08:41 PM
i don't! I see flaws. And I really believe that they are beatable, IF the Sabres are on their game.
you better rewatch the films...Emery may give up rebounds but that team is all over the ice. Again, these are NHL caliber players and the Sabres cannot even complete two passes in a row...there are five other guys out there and they are covering the whole surface.

don137
05-14-2007, 08:44 PM
you better rewatch the films...Emery may give up rebounds but that team is all over the ice. Again, these are NHL caliber players and the Sabres cannot even complete two passes in a row...there are five other guys out there and they are covering the whole surface.

The Sens are playing with passion and going all out. The Sabres have clearly gave up. They have no intensity. They need to fight for that puck like Ottawa is but they don't want to sacrifice.
Man for man Ottawa is not better however they want it more and that is the difference.

Michael82
05-14-2007, 08:45 PM
The Sabres have looked like this all playoffs. Now it looks like they just gave up. I think you are giving way too much credit to Ottawa. IMO, the Sabres could beat the Senators...if they actually cared. But right now, they don't! :(

Ebenezer
05-14-2007, 08:47 PM
The Sabres have looked like this all playoffs. Now it looks like they just gave up. I think you are giving way too much credit to Ottawa. IMO, the Sabres could beat the Senators...if they actually cared. But right now, they don't! :(
Mikey, give Ottawa some credit...basically you are saying "it was a good thing that every team in the AFC sucked for four years so the Bills could go to 4 straight super bowls".

Dr. Lecter
05-14-2007, 08:54 PM

Mikey, you are smarter than that. That is moronic.

Do you really think they don't care??

Is there a law against giving Ottawa any credit?

Michael82
05-14-2007, 08:54 PM
Mikey, give Ottawa some credit...basically you are saying "it was a good thing that every team in the AFC sucked for four years so the Bills could go to 4 straight super bowls".
Ottawa has played very tough and hard and have frustrated the Sabres. They are not the same team as last year. Oh and they are playing the way the Sabres played last year, with a lot of heart, grit, effort and confidence. BUT they are definitely beatable. This Sabres team is playing like **** right now and are sleep-walking out there. :ill:

Ebenezer
05-14-2007, 09:07 PM
Ottawa has played very tough and hard and have frustrated the Sabres. They are not the same team as last year. Oh and they are playing the way the Sabres played last year, with a lot of heart, grit, effort and confidence. BUT they are definitely beatable. This Sabres team is playing like **** right now and are sleep-walking out there. :ill:
Mikey, if the roles were reversed you'd be the first one to complain that the Sabres were not being given their due and respect by out playing the opponent.

Michael82
05-14-2007, 09:13 PM
Mikey, if the roles were reversed you'd be the first one to complain that the Sabres were not being given their due and respect by out playing the opponent.
what someone said in another thread is my biggest point....

5-2, 4-3, 1-0

Like they said on tv....Ottawa is playing their best they can play, yet the games are that close. The Sabres are not playing anywhere near what they are capable of. If they did...they probably would be 2-1 right now. :ill:

Ebenezer
05-14-2007, 09:20 PM
what someone said in another thread is my biggest point....

5-2, 4-3, 1-0

Like they said on tv....Ottawa is playing their best they can play, yet the games are that close. The Sabres are not playing anywhere near what they are capable of. If they did...they probably would be 2-1 right now. :ill:
and maybe they are not playing well because there is another team on the ice forcing their errors - mentally or physically. it's not golf man...

Michael82
05-14-2007, 09:24 PM
and maybe they are not playing well because there is another team on the ice forcing their errors - mentally or physically. it's not golf man...
i don't believe that. Because they looked like this in both of the first 2 rounds. And the Islanders and Rangers are nowhere near as good as Ottawa. :shakeno:

Ebenezer
05-14-2007, 11:32 PM
i don't believe that. Because they looked like this in both of the first 2 rounds. And the Islanders and Rangers are nowhere near as good as Ottawa. :shakeno:
they looked better than this against both of those teams...

Michael82
05-15-2007, 12:48 AM
they looked better than this against both of those teams...
not much. Their power play was just as bad, and their overall effort sucked except when they turned it on for a period.

Ebenezer
05-15-2007, 12:55 AM
not much. Their power play was just as bad, and their overall effort sucked except when they turned it on for a period.
have you not been reading any of my posts or are you just reading what you want?? I have said numerous times that this team played 100% full throttle all year and that come playoff time they didn't have a higher gear to turn on...those NY teams turned it on and played better than they did in the regular season...Ottawa is simply the best team in hockey since Dec. 1.

Michael82
05-15-2007, 01:01 AM
have you not been reading any of my posts or are you just reading what you want?? I have said numerous times that this team played 100% full throttle all year and that come playoff time they didn't have a higher gear to turn on...those NY teams turned it on and played better than they did in the regular season...Ottawa is simply the best team in hockey since Dec. 1.
I will give Ottawa credit for playing as hard as they are and as good as they are. But I believe you are giving way too much credit to them and not enough to the Sabres, who are better when they give 100%.

Ebenezer
05-15-2007, 01:09 AM
I will give Ottawa credit for playing as hard as they are and as good as they are. But I believe you are giving way too much credit to them and not enough to the Sabres, who are better when they give 100%.
I have said the Sabres are playing poorly...now, one must attach a reason(s) why they are playing poorly.

#1. They actually suck.
#2. They are playing hurt.
#3. They are out of gas.
#4. Ottawa (players and coach) are that good - which also includes having the Sabres number.
#5. They have no heart.
#6. They don't care.

I want to blame #3 and #4...most other people want to blame #1, #5 or #6. Right now, I think the Sens could beat anybody...I wouldn't be surprised if they beat the West champ in 5 games. What will people say then, if after having beaten 4 teams quite handily? Is that what it will take to prove to you that the Sens are really that good?

don137
05-15-2007, 06:35 AM
I am not buying they ran out of gas...They have every other day off now and this is why they play, to get the cup. They should be playing on passion deep inside themselves.
If they go out this way the season will leave a bad taste in my mouth. Its not like one game like football but a full series and to not play with passion for most of the playoffs and play very uninspired hockey is a bitter pill to swallow.

Ebenezer
05-15-2007, 06:53 AM
I am not buying they ran out of gas...They have every other day off now and this is why they play, to get the cup. They should be playing on passion deep inside themselves.
If they go out this way the season will leave a bad taste in my mouth. Its not like one game like football but a full series and to not play with passion for most of the playoffs and play very uninspired hockey is a bitter pill to swallow.
so?? which choice is it then?

don137
05-15-2007, 07:27 AM
so?? which choice is it then?

I think the Sabres have not had a ton of heart in the playoffs (last year's playoff team showed a lot of heart) and once they faced a team that was actually just as talented as them in Ottawa they seem to roll over instead of rising to the challenge. The big guns for Ottawa are getting it done and the Sabres big guns simply are not.

Michael82
05-15-2007, 08:31 AM
I have said the Sabres are playing poorly...now, one must attach a reason(s) why they are playing poorly.

#1. They actually suck.
#2. They are playing hurt.
#3. They are out of gas.
#4. Ottawa (players and coach) are that good - which also includes having the Sabres number.
#5. They have no heart.
#6. They don't care.

I want to blame #3 and #4...most other people want to blame #1, #5 or #6. Right now, I think the Sens could beat anybody...I wouldn't be surprised if they beat the West champ in 5 games. What will people say then, if after having beaten 4 teams quite handily? Is that what it will take to prove to you that the Sens are really that good?
I'll wager you 10,000 ZBs right now that if the Senators get to the Finals, they will lose to either Anaheim or Detroit. Both those teams will find the flaws in Ottawa's game that we all see, which the Sabres are not exposing. :ill: