PDA

View Full Version : Bills Rookie Camp: Day Three Notes

justasportsfan
05-14-2007, 01:55 PM
Day three in Ralph Wilson stadium for the rookies and practice squad players got started this morning with the first of two workouts Monday which will wrap up the rookie camp.

The offense worked on more running plays today than they had over the weekend. They put an offensive line together made up of practice squad players, rookie free agents and tryout players to give an effective look to the running backs. Fred Jackson, Marshawn Lynch and Dwayne Wright all had their fair share of carries.

While the line was in place the offense also ran a good number of pass plays including a couple of slants. Much like Sunday there was a lot of short pass plays called.

Quarterback Trent Edwards again had an accurate passing day. He's really effective at hitting his targets.

"He does a nice job," said offensive coordinator Steve Fairchild. "He's a smart guy and looks very accurate. It's still very early and we want to see what he can do when the pads are on, but early indications are he is what we thought he was."

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=4788

casdhf
05-14-2007, 02:09 PM
Patterson overthrew one intended receiver and it was intercepted by practice squad cornerback Eric Bassey. Maybe I will have a use for my #21 jersey after all!

DraftBoy
05-14-2007, 02:23 PM
Hmmm..Patterson continues to suck throwing two INT's, the Ga Southern LB Mohring gets praise from Fewell, and Cornelius continues to make plays.

jamze132
05-14-2007, 03:22 PM
Cornelius will make the roster. The guy will be a pleasant suprise.

Jan Reimers
05-14-2007, 03:30 PM
Hmmm..Patterson continues to suck throwing two INT's, the Ga Southern LB Mohring gets praise from Fewell, and Cornelius continues to make plays.
I really can't figure out why they're wasting their time with Patterson. Maybe the 3rd string guy for the Canisius club team wasn't available.

Pinkerton Security
05-14-2007, 03:39 PM

The defense appeared to get the better of the action Monday morning. They recorded a pair of interceptions both off of tryout quarterback Perry Patterson (Syracuse). Patterson overthrew one intended receiver and it was intercepted by practice squad cornerback Eric Bassey. A few plays later another Patterson pass was tipped and tryout linebacker John Mohring (Georgia Southern) made the interception. He headed straight up the field and after making it through the offensive backfield he slowed down.

HAHAHAHA Man, some people may say the misery of being a Bills fan is bad, but how about being a Cuse fan, first with this dolt QBing the football team and then the NCAA commitee totally screwing jimmy b's boys.

:crap:

Jan Reimers
05-14-2007, 03:47 PM
HAHAHAHA Man, some people may say the misery of being a Bills fan is bad, but how about being a Cuse fan, first with this dolt QBing the football team and then the NCAA commitee totally screwing jimmy b's boys.

:crap:
Yeah, I'm both, and even men's lacrosse now sucks at the 'Cuse. Plus I'm a Cleveland Indian and University at Buffalo fan, and the Sabres aren't doing me much of a favor right now, either.

DraftBoy
05-14-2007, 04:01 PM
Yeah, I'm both, and even men's lacrosse now sucks at the 'Cuse. Plus I'm a Cleveland Indian and University at Buffalo fan, and the Sabres aren't doing me much of a favor right now, either.

We turn it around tonight!!

casdhf
05-14-2007, 04:17 PM
I really can't figure out why they're wasting their time with Patterson. Maybe the 3rd string guy for the Canisius club team wasn't available. It doesn't matter who they have. He's just a warm body that can throw the ball and take snaps. They don't want to wear out Edwards.

The Spaz
05-14-2007, 04:30 PM
Patterson take a hike.....please!!!!:mad:

TheGhostofJimKelly
05-14-2007, 09:30 PM
I thought it was pretty cool on the first day when they went to interview Marshawn Lynch and he didn't want to take his helmet off. He said something like he was proud to have the Bills helmet on. I like that.

The Answer
05-14-2007, 10:10 PM
Day three in Ralph Wilson stadium for the rookies and practice squad players got started this morning with the first of two workouts Monday which will wrap up the rookie camp.

The offense worked on more running plays today than they had over the weekend. They put an offensive line together made up of practice squad players, rookie free agents and tryout players to give an effective look to the running backs. Fred Jackson, Marshawn Lynch and Dwayne Wright all had their fair share of carries.

While the line was in place the offense also ran a good number of pass plays including a couple of slants. Much like Sunday there was a lot of short pass plays called.

Quarterback Trent Edwards again had an accurate passing day. He's really effective at hitting his targets.

"He does a nice job," said offensive coordinator Steve Fairchild. "He's a smart guy and looks very accurate. It's still very early and we want to see what he can do when the pads are on, but early indications are he is what we thought he was."

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=4788

The Answer scouted this young gunslinger quite a bit during his Pac 10 days and the kid is a balla!

Let's face it people - A QB controversy is imminent although as The Answer stated earlier in another thread: LOSMAN IS THE STARTER TROLLS!

Let's be thankful that we might have another Kelly Holcomb on the roster in the form of Edwards.

~The Answer

BILLSROCK1212
05-14-2007, 10:14 PM
maybe we should try Patterson at a different position

TheGhostofJimKelly
05-15-2007, 06:01 AM
The Answer scouted this young gunslinger quite a bit during his Pac 10 days and the kid is a balla!

I am sorry man, but this I do not believe. Nobody watches Stanford.

YoungMoney
05-15-2007, 08:27 AM
Let's be thankful that we might have another Kelly Holcomb on the roster in the form of Edwards.
~The Answer
Never compare the two again EVER ~The YoungMoney

The Answer
05-15-2007, 11:22 AM
I am sorry man, but this I do not believe. Nobody watches Stanford.

The Answer is based out of the west coast and watches plenty of Pac 10 games and attends scouting events as well.

~The Answer