View Full Version : Bengals release Keg

Bills232
05-14-2007, 02:10 PM
Its on Kffl.com

Sam is better than any DT we have...

He better be in Buffalo this fall..

OpIv37
05-14-2007, 02:12 PM
he can stop the run, so he doesn't fit the cover 2.

Sarcasm aside, he has a bad attitude and kinda burned bridges in Buffalo before he left last year. Plus he's like 32 and Marv is trying to go younger on D. As much as we could use his run-stuffing, he's not even gonna get a phone call from OBD.

Bills232
05-14-2007, 02:15 PM

Sarcasm aside, he has a bad attitude and kinda burned bridges in Buffalo before he left last year. Plus he's like 32 and Marv is trying to go younger on D. As much as we could use his run-stuffing, he's not even gonna get a phone call from OBD.

God!!!!

This is ridiculous..

Buffalo has always been known for its massive lineman..

When you come to Buffalo you need to see big scary guys like Keg!!!!

Nobody is scared of Tripplett, Anderson, McCargo, Darwin!!!

Mad Bomber
05-14-2007, 02:16 PM

:rofl:

The Answer
05-14-2007, 02:17 PM
Its on Kffl.com

Sam is better than any DT we have...

He better be in Buffalo this fall..

Old and washed up - The Answer would rather have Fat Pat Williams back.

~The Answer

justasportsfan
Nobody was scared of the Colts DL in the playoffs last year either. They shutdown almost every RB on the way to winning the SB. So as you can see, size is not the nig thing in the cover 2. Execution is. So Sam Adams won't be a fit here.

Mr. Miyagi
I recall the media was all excited about Adams going to Cincy last off season, stating that he's such a force and will drastically improve Cincy's run defense, blah blah blah. Same thing with Jennings going to the 49ers when he did.

Does this ring a bell to you? History will once again repeat itself. Take notes regarding Clements, Spikes, Fletcher, McGahee.

Jan Reimers
05-14-2007, 02:20 PM
Ooh, ooh, it's bright and shiny. Let's pick it up.

The Answer
05-14-2007, 02:21 PM
I recall the media was all excited about Adams going to Cincy last off season, stating that he's such a force and will drastically improve Cincy's run defense, blah blah blah. Same thing with Jennings going to the 49ers when he did.

Does this ring a bell to you? History will once again repeat itself. Take notes regarding Clements, Spikes, Fletcher, McGahee.

Clements will have an impact in SF if he don't get hurt, but the impact won't be worth the pricetag.

Spikes could be a solid contributor on a very loaded Eagles defense, and The Holcomb will be a major factor in Philly's annual championship run when McNabb gets injured again.

~The Answer

OpIv37
05-14-2007, 02:25 PM

Spikes- could go either way.
Clements- will be exactly the same as he was here- he'll make some great plays and some bonehead plays but will never be worth what they gave him
Fletcher- Typical Washington player: big name at the end of his career. He'll be solid this year, below average next year and unemployed the year after that.
McGahee- I really think he could light it up in Baltimore but who cares? The guy had the wrong attitude and would never have contributed in Buffalo. We're better off with Lynch.

bigbub2352
05-14-2007, 02:30 PM
Sam Adams is done, he did not do much clogging in Cinn, he is overpaid and a lockeroom baby, no thanx, give me the young DTs plus he doesnt fit the scheme at all,

Mr. Miyagi
05-14-2007, 02:30 PM
The Holcomb will be a major factor in Philly's annual championship run when McNabb gets injured again.

~The Answer
:rofl: "The Holcomb" will be standing in the unemployment line comes this August. Don't be ridiculous. :laughter:

The Answer
05-14-2007, 02:35 PM
:rofl: "The Holcomb" will be standing in the unemployment line comes this August. Don't be ridiculous. :laughter:

The Answer's sources have already told him that Philly plans on keep 4 QB's on the roster in 2007 - makes sense especially with McNabbs recent injury issues. If anything Feeley needs to watch his back, regardless of his overconfindence in his roster spot.

Even if The Holcomb gets cut - he would be picked up within 24 hours by another contender like Baltimore or Chicago looking to shore up the QB position.

~The Answer

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
05-14-2007, 02:36 PM
Nobody was scared of the Colts DL in the playoffs last year either. They shutdown almost every RB on the way to winning the SB. So as you can see, size is not the nig thing in the cover 2. Execution is. So Sam Adams won't be a fit here.

So you are saying that Sam Adams (whom I am not in favor of bringing to Buffalo)
can't execute such a complicated scheme?
Obviously some folks don't completely understand the Cover2. It's not that you can't be a big guy and succeed, it's that you don't have to be a big guy to succeed.
A good d-lineman is still a good d-lineman. It's just that they don't have to pay for the big bodies, which are in much higher demand, so it becomes a convenient excuse to say "well, he doesn't really fit our scheme".

ALSO>>>
I truly hope you are not trying to compare Buffalo's defense/personnell to the Colts.

YardRat
05-14-2007, 02:36 PM
Spikes- could go either way.
Clements- will be exactly the same as he was here- he'll make some great plays and some bonehead plays but will never be worth what they gave him
Fletcher- Typical Washington player: big name at the end of his career. He'll be solid this year, below average next year and unemployed the year after that.
McGahee- I really think he could light it up in Baltimore but who cares? The guy had the wrong attitude and would never have contributed in Buffalo. We're better off with Lynch.

I think McGahee and Henry would both be better off if they switched teams.

Earthquake Enyart
05-14-2007, 02:41 PM
Jauron got rid of Ted Washington when he was with the Bears. No way does he want Fat Sam.

ddaryl
05-14-2007, 02:44 PM
Sam Adams was one of the vets thatgot involved with the JP Losman benching along with Moulds etc...

I also got the impression he wasn't much of a positive locker room presence and with our young team the last thing we need is a biyatch in the locker room infecting negativity into the team.

Dozerdog
05-14-2007, 02:51 PM
So you are saying that Sam Adams (whom I am not in favor of bringing to Buffalo)
can't execute such a complicated scheme?
Obviously some folks don't completely understand the Cover2. It's not that you can't be a big guy and succeed, it's that you don't have to be a big guy to succeed.
A good d-lineman is still a good d-lineman. It's just that they don't have to pay for the big bodies, which are in much higher demand, so it becomes a convenient excuse to say "well, he doesn't really fit our scheme".

ALSO>>>
I truly hope you are not trying to compare Buffalo's defense/personnell to the Colts.

He's not quick enough in the cover 2. It has nothing to do with his ability to understand. It has to do with his ability to beat an OL guy and get to the QB in 2.5 seconds or less

Mr. Miyagi
05-14-2007, 02:54 PM
I also got the impression he wasn't much of a positive locker room presence and with our young team the last thing we need is a biyatch in the locker room infecting negativity into the team.
Nor do we need biyatches on our message board infecting negativity into our forums. :snicker:

Jan Reimers
05-14-2007, 03:06 PM
Holcomb will be a major factor in Philly's annual championship run when McNabb gets injured again.

~The Answer
The only "run" Holcomb will be involved in is driving the team bus from the hotel to the stadium.

Mr. Miyagi
05-14-2007, 03:08 PM
The only "run" Holcomb will be involved in is driving the team bus from the hotel to the stadium.
Or right after a bad night at Taco Bell.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
05-14-2007, 03:25 PM
He's not quick enough in the cover 2. It has nothing to do with his ability to understand. It has to do with his ability to beat an OL guy and get to the QB in 2.5 seconds or less

I would argue that Sam does have the ability to beat an olineman and get into the backfield.
Again, I don't want him here for reason above and others....but not because he couldn't play in this system.

Generalissimus Gibby
05-14-2007, 04:06 PM
Ooh, ooh, it's bright and shiny. Let's pick it up. nah its a guppy throw it back.

MarvLevy
05-14-2007, 09:39 PM
id bring his fat azz in here

Dont drink the water
05-15-2007, 06:27 AM
Who was the poster who went on and on about it being a mistake? Time for another serving of crow pie!

streetkings01
05-15-2007, 09:12 AM
Am I missing something but.......didn't our run D suck balls in 2005 when Big Sam was our starting NT??? It's a proven fact that Fat Pat was the reason our run D was solid, not Big Sam! This would be the same as not fixing our oline and bringing back Bledsoe!

Spiderweb
05-15-2007, 12:54 PM
Am I missing something but.......didn't our run D suck balls in 2005 when Big Sam was our starting NT??? It's a proven fact that Fat Pat was the reason our run D was solid, not Big Sam! This would be the same as not fixing our oline and bringing back Bledsoe!

....and it was worse in 2006. Sam was always a cover two type tackle who came in a nose tackle body.

When the Bills wanted him to clog things up, he rebelled. One of his greatest strengths was his initial quickness off the snap. Had he been in the 315-320 range, he could have been far more consistent and may have had the ability to actually change directions. Fat Sam also was reported as a bad locker room guy, and this wasn't just from his Bills days but when he played for other teams as well.

Phat Pat was the real deal, and his continues to be with the Vikings. Cover 2, smother 2, Phat Pat would still be a great player for us hadn't TD (I thought he would stay) shorted him.

Marvelous
05-16-2007, 12:38 AM
He lostfavor with me when he refused to listen to the coaching staff during games.. He is trouble and doesn't fit our new youth movement... We're better off without him, even if it means we suffer against the runa tad...imo

GarnOFreak
05-16-2007, 09:27 PM
I don't think that the problem was Sam Adams didn't fit our scheme. I think it was that he only played hard about 5 or 6 plays a game on average. and from those plays you'd get maybe one big play and five bad ones where he was taken out of the play. So, he might fit our scheme, but only once every 5 or six plays....if only we could rotate him in during those plays! lol

Stewie
05-17-2007, 11:00 AM
God!!!!

This is ridiculous..

Buffalo has always been known for its massive lineman..

When you come to Buffalo you need to see big scary guys like Keg!!!!

Nobody is scared of Tripplett, Anderson, McCargo, Darwin!!!

Buffalo has also been known for losing superbowls. What's your point?

PECKERWOOD
05-17-2007, 03:35 PM

Pat Williams went to Minnesota and last season they magically lead the NFL in run defense. Different players bring different things and even more importantly is that one man cannot solve a whole teams needs. Also, look at what San Fran did with JJ. I would consider him a great signing, it marked the age in which they started shoring up their offensive line and JJ was the first domino to fall, then came David Baas and then came Larry Allen and then came Frank Gore and waalah the rest is history.

Clements was a good signing for San Fran. Both of their starting CB's last year were over the age of 30. Just because Clements doesn't get massive amounts of INT's each year it doesn't make him a bad player. Nate is a hard hitter and is great for run support. Also, dont forget that he has shut down premier WR's such as Marvin Harrison and Donald Driver just to name a few. We will notice that Nate Clements is gone.

Fletcher was a good signing for Washington. We made the right move by letting him walk though. We pretty much signed Langston Walker to the same exact contract that Fletch got. We're now younger at LB and I think Posluszny will fill in fine.

Darwin Walker for Takeo Spikes and Holcomb. I think we owned Philly in that trade. Plus, I remember last season when Crowell, Fletch and Ellison were in the rotation and we did much better. I think that Spikes lost his burst and is a shell of his former self but I do hope he makes me eat my words because I'm a huge fan.

McGahee for Trent Edwards, Schouman and a 3rd rounder next year. Me like. We owned Baltimore worst than Philly. Now we have a masterful and determined runner in Marshawn Lynch who can hopefully provide a home run threat that McGahee never possessed while in Buffalo.

Chris23
05-17-2007, 03:37 PM
Buffalo has also been known for losing superbowls. What's your point?That is sadly true.