X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BuffaloBlakely14
    • Sep 2003

This Writer Gets It

Finally someone in the national media that understands what is going on in Buffalo, and can see through the big name ESPN Hype machine.

BUFFALO BILLS

How can the Bills survive the loss of LBs London Fletcher-Baker and Takeo Spikes?

They will actually be better defensively. Fletcher-Baker and Spikes were good players during their tenure in Buffalo, but both were on the downside of their careers and not great fits in Dick Jauron's Cover Two defense. The youthful trio of Paul Posluszny, Keith Ellison and Angelo Crowell will make some mistakes early on, but have the skills to develop into solid contributors
  • Luisito23
    Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
    • Apr 2003

Re: This Writer Gets It

Am I really that high, or am I seeing triple.........

GO BILLS!!!!!
    "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
    ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
    ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
    ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

it's been posted.

And the writer is overly optimistic.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• DaBillzAhDaShiznit
        • May 2004

Now this is a true "homer" post.
        Find someone in the media saying something good about your team and latching on to it, whether it's accurate or not.

I agree with most of that except for when he comes right out and says the Bills
        WILL be better defensively.

Nobody knows what we will have yet.....we could be worse, better, or about the same.

All we can do is hope for the best.

Some of us have been beaten into expecting the worst (and rightfully so) at the same time.
        "Show me a good loser and I will show you an idiot"
        --Leo Durocher

Comment

• EDS
          • Jan 2003

Is the author of that article the same dude that the Bills wasted a second round draft pick on?

Comment

• Jan Reimers
            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
            • May 2003

Ah, he must be an idiot like me. He actually believes that there is a time to replace declining players with young players, and the young players can really get better.

Blasphemy. We all know this can't be.
            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
              Zero for Zero!
              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
              Ah, he must be an idiot like me. He actually believes that there is a time to replace declining players with young players, and the young players can really get better.

C'mon Jan, of all people here you should support the old guys the most.

George Allen would be proud of the mindset on this board.
              Originally posted by mysticsoto
              Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• John Doe
                Florida Man
                • Jul 2002

On one hand, we have a bunch of sourpusses saying that it is totally unreasonable to expect the linebackers to play better.

On the other hand, we have a former NFL player who is an analyst for a respectable publication inferring that it is quite possible (in his opinion) that the linebacking will be better.

I am not saying that the linebacking will be better but it is certainly quite possible.

Comment

• kgun12
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers

Ya I feel the same way! Loved London and TKO but it was time. London may have a decent year, but most of his tackles will still be 5 yards down field. TKO will never be the same.
                  Retired Air Traffic Controller
                  USAF VETERAN
                  DAV

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                    • May 2003

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                    C'mon Jan, of all people here you should support the old guys the most.

George Allen would be proud of the mindset on this board.
                    No, Doc, now that I'm old, I really understand better than anyone here the limitations that age brings! Let's get young!
                    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• The Answer
                      The Plagiarist
                      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by BuffaloBlakely14
                      Finally someone in the national media that understands what is going on in Buffalo, and can see through the big name ESPN Hype machine.

BUFFALO BILLS

How can the Bills survive the loss of LBs London Fletcher-Baker and Takeo Spikes?

They will actually be better defensively. Fletcher-Baker and Spikes were good players during their tenure in Buffalo, but both were on the downside of their careers and not great fits in Dick Jauron's Cover Two defense. The youthful trio of Paul Posluszny, Keith Ellison and Angelo Crowell will make some mistakes early on, but have the skills to develop into solid contributors.
                      No this writer does not 'get it' - The only player that The Answer has any confidence in is Crowell.

Ellison is still borderline camp fodder and will be exposed big time without Fletcher - POZ is a rookie and going to have to be spectacular to avoid the bust label given the fact he was a day 2 prospect that we reached for in the 2nd round.

~The Answer

Comment

• DaBillzAhDaShiznit
                        • May 2004

Originally posted by John Doe
                        On one hand, we have a bunch of sourpusses saying that it is totally unreasonable to expect the linebackers to play better.

On the other hand, we have a former NFL player who is an analyst for a respectable publication inferring that it is quite possible (in his opinion) that the linebacking will be better.

I am not saying that the linebacking will be better but it is certainly quite possible.
                        Now, look at what you are saying, and agree with me on this at least.

It is definately unreasonable to EXPECT the linebackers to be better this year than last year.
                        Yes, we hope they will be, but how foolish is it to EXPECT it?

Also...I agree it is possible that the linebacking will be better.
                        Isn't also possible that it will be worse?

I just don't like absolutes when it comes to prognostication.
                        "Show me a good loser and I will show you an idiot"
                        --Leo Durocher

Comment

• John Doe
                          Florida Man
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DaBillzAhDaShiznit
                          Now, look at what you are saying, and agree with me on this at least.

It is definately unreasonable to EXPECT the linebackers to be better this year than last year.
                          Yes, we hope they will be, but how foolish is it to EXPECT it?

Also...I agree it is possible that the linebacking will be better.
                          Isn't also possible that it will be worse?

I just don't like absolutes when it comes to prognostication.
                          Why would it be unreasonable to expect the linebacking to be better?

We have someone who is writing for a respected publication who expects it - why shouldn't I?

It is certainly possible that the linebacking will be worse, but it is just as possible for it to be better.

I have seen rookie linebackers play like all-stars before (Zack Thomas comes to mind). Pos is one of the most decorated college linebackers of all time with physical ability to go along with a football IQ that is through the roof. I expect him to play very good football.

There were times last year when Ellison looked like an all-star as a rookie. Go back and look at films of the Miami game. I did not see him play poorly even when he was thrown into the fray in his first game.

Crowell looked like a great player at the end of 2005 and the beginning of 2006.

It is not unreasonable to expect these guys to give us better play than last year.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

anything positive is unreasonable .
                            sacrifice1
                            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

We have someone who is writing for a respected publication who expects it - why shouldn't I?

It is not unreasonable to expect these guys to give us better play than last year.
                              we all know only wannabe jr. writers that write blogs are credible. Everyone else is unreasonable.
                              sacrifice1
                              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

Working...
                              X