PDA

View Full Version : FINHEAVEN.COM Challenges the BILLSZONE

Samphin1
05-14-2007, 09:45 AM
Hey Billszoners. Tis I Samphin. And yes, I am a Dolphins fan. But I come back to you in peace. You see, I also post over at finheaven (under a very similar name) and recently took part in a fun football game with some of my fellow FHers.

It was so fun that we decided that it might be worth extending out to other message boards from other teams and see if they would want to play against us. Now, we would do all the traveling, so you guys wouldn't have to do any of that. It is 7 on 7 tackle football with rules in place to help prevent injuries. The only game we played in so far, resulted in nothing worse than cramps (So. Florida heat) and it was a 3 hour game.

So what do you guys say? We have challenged the Panthers fans and Jets fans but both site seem to think we are some pro team or something and are refusing to play us, or at least reluctant.

Obviously a date would have to be hammered out and some other particulars. But I had a blast when we played and I think it would be fun to get to know some of you guys (and gals) through this game. Perhaps the weekend when Miami goes to Buffalo? Play our game on saturday then we can all go to the game on Sunday? Just a thought.

Let me know.

Mods: I am sure this is probably in the wrong area, but I want to try and reach as many of you guys as possible.

Pinkerton Security
05-14-2007, 09:51 AM
Hey Billszoners. Tis I Samphin. And yes, I am a Dolphins fan. But I come back to you in peace. You see, I also post over at finheaven (under a very similar name) and recently took part in a fun football game with some of my fellow FHers.

It was so fun that we decided that it might be worth extending out to other message boards from other teams and see if they would want to play against us. Now, we would do all the traveling, so you guys wouldn't have to do any of that. It is 7 on 7 tackle football with rules in place to help prevent injuries. The only game we played in so far, resulted in nothing worse than cramps (So. Florida heat) and it was a 3 hour game.

So what do you guys say? We have challenged the Panthers fans and Jets fans but both site seem to think we are some pro team or something and are refusing to play us, or at least reluctant.

Obviously a date would have to be hammered out and some other particulars. But I had a blast when we played and I think it would be fun to get to know some of you guys (and gals) through this game. Perhaps the weekend when Miami goes to Buffalo? Play our game on saturday then we can all go to the game on Sunday? Just a thought.

Let me know.

Mods: I am sure this is probably in the wrong area, but I want to try and reach as many of you guys as possible.

If i was in the area, i would totally be down with this challenge. unfortunately i will not be. seems like fun tho!:squish:

SquishDaFish
05-14-2007, 01:50 PM
Im down if I go to that game.

Samphin1
05-14-2007, 02:07 PM
If i was in the area, i would totally be down with this challenge. unfortunately i will not be. seems like fun tho!:squish:

The game would be in Buffalo or near abouts. We defer to the local guys on where to play. We (meaning the finheaveners) would be doing all the traveling. All you guys would have to do is field a team and show up.

I am dead serious about this guys. If you want to get a game together, let meknow. Havea captain/coach whatever you want to call them get ahold of me and we could work this thing out!

I just want to play some football and have some brews with you guys afterwards. I think it would be a blast.

justasportsfan
05-14-2007, 02:09 PM
I would love to be part of the BZ team if there is one.

Mr. Miyagi
05-14-2007, 02:09 PM
Is there crying in football?

justasportsfan
05-14-2007, 02:12 PM
Is there crying in football?

No , but I would love for Pat Moran to be on Samphins team.

Mr. Miyagi
05-14-2007, 02:19 PM
No , but I would love for Pat Moran to be on Samphins team.
Where is the rule saying that you can't tackle your own guys?

justasportsfan
05-14-2007, 02:34 PM
Where is the rule saying that you can't tackle your own guys?

No freaking way I'd be on the same team that has a whiner. 'OMG, it's ssssoo hot. I might break a ssssweat. Were' gonna die"

jamze132
05-14-2007, 03:19 PM
This is actually a really great (and expensive for them) idea. I would love to be apart of this newfound tradition. The only problem is the Amry saw fit to send me to Italy until 2009 so unless you guys want to play next to the leaning tower of Pisa, ytou can count me out. Sorry.

justasportsfan
05-14-2007, 03:38 PM
This is actually a really great (and expensive for them) idea. I would love to be apart of this newfound tradition. The only problem is the Amry saw fit to send me to Italy until 2009 so unless you guys want to play next to the leaning tower of Pisa, ytou can count me out. Sorry.
Be safe . :salute:

:patriot:

Buffatexas
05-14-2007, 03:42 PM
you can count me in just let me know when and where

Samphin1
05-14-2007, 03:48 PM
Excellent. It sounds like we have some interest here! And Justa, I would hope you would be apart of this in some capacity. You are one of my favorite non-finfan posters on any board. Sadly, I think I will be dissapointed in your appearance as I have you pegged to be Mr. Bean. :lol:

Again though guys, I think to go forward, we need you folks to peg yourselves a captain or coach or whatever so we can get down to specifics.

Just so you guys know, we are not a team of ringers like the pansies over at the Jets board thought. We are simply fans who want to play football and meet one another. We have played in one game previous to (hopefully) this next one, but we played it against one another and flew in from all over the country to play in it.

For example, I live in Northern California, but will be flying to Buffalo to play in this game, along with one of our wideouts who lives near me, and another in Seattle. Four guys would be flying in from Florida, a couple from Virginia and so on and so forth. Point is, you wouldn't have to worry about us having any type of unfair advantage.

If you guys can field a team, let me know. Start recruiting now though, because I would like to set a date soon so I can get everyone else on board from my end etc.

SquishDaFish
05-14-2007, 03:53 PM
If some Bills fans want to play IM in if thats a game I go to.

justasportsfan
05-14-2007, 04:29 PM
Excellent. It sounds like we have some interest here! And Justa, I would hope you would be apart of this in some capacity. You are one of my favorite non-finfan posters on any board. Sadly, I think I will be dissapointed in your appearance as I have you pegged to be Mr. Bean. :lol:

Again though guys, I think to go forward, we need you folks to peg yourselves a captain or coach or whatever so we can get down to specifics.

Just so you guys know, we are not a team of ringers like the pansies over at the Jets board thought. We are simply fans who want to play football and meet one another. We have played in one game previous to (hopefully) this next one, but we played it against one another and flew in from all over the country to play in it.

For example, I live in Northern California, but will be flying to Buffalo to play in this game, along with one of our wideouts who lives near me, and another in Seattle. Four guys would be flying in from Florida, a couple from Virginia and so on and so forth. Point is, you wouldn't have to worry about us having any type of unfair advantage.

If you guys can field a team, let me know. Start recruiting now though, because I would like to set a date soon so I can get everyone else on board from my end etc.

Any chance you can try and recruit Moran on your team?

FINintheMOON
05-14-2007, 05:19 PM
Hey guys... And GALS if you need them... I am here on a mission. We have put together a team in FINHEAVEN.COM that wants to play some tackle football.

Our team is made up of all site members. We had a chance to go to FLA and play the local team in Ft. Lauderdale and it was a grand time! The night before and after the game was a blast to say the least. It is NOT always football that forms friendships!

Anyway, we found a way to get a guy from Seattle, 3 from CA, 2 from Ohio, 2 from VA and a lonely heart from florida to put together a team and play. We had sooooooo much fun in doing so that others on the site joined recently and want to go forth and challenge their rivals!

We have already challenged the JESTS! And to our surprise... They are actually trying to put together a team to play us! But we shall see if they follow through...

I digress... The point is that I, we, want to challenge your forum to a game of tackle football... We will come to your site of choice to play... The only reason we can do this is because our site is willing to sponsor us to do so... Also, the players on the team are willing to throw in a few buck to make it happen...

So are you all up for the challenge?

justasportsfan
05-14-2007, 05:22 PM
here's the thing though. There a 100000 bills fan sites and only 2 fins sites:snicker: so it's hard to put together a bills team from one board alone.

Samphin1
05-14-2007, 05:26 PM
here's the thing though. There a 100000 bills fan sites and only 2 fins sites:snicker: so it's hard to put together a bills team from one board alone.

No way! we have three sites...

Anyway, FINintheMOON is the ringleader for the team I was talking about earlier. As I said in my post, we would be willing to travel to the Buffalo area, or where ever you would want to meet us and play you guys. It would be fun.

FINintheMOON
05-14-2007, 05:27 PM

Well get the guys from the other sites to join in! You guys are our goto site. We even have a link to do so... I am sure that you can come up with 11 to 14 guys!

FINintheMOON
05-14-2007, 05:31 PM
No way! we have three sites...

Anyway, FINintheMOON is the ringleader for the team I was talking about earlier. As I said in my post, we would be willing to travel to the Buffalo area, or where ever you would want to meet us and play you guys. It would be fun.

DAMN SAM!!! I totally missed your thead bro! I apologize bro...:oops:

dolphan117
05-14-2007, 05:33 PM
Just an FYI this is not a joke. Its a serious offer not some spammer just posting random crap.

justasportsfan
05-14-2007, 05:34 PM
I said I'm cool with it. I'll tell you guys what, I can also throw to myself . I'm that good.

Samphin1
05-14-2007, 05:37 PM
DAMN SAM!!! I totally missed your thead bro! I apologize bro...:oops:

No apologies needed man. I want to get another game going just as badly as you, so this is good, although it may be good to merge these as to not clog their board.

Lord knows we need to see how many JP Losman sucks/rules threads we can get on here!

Just kidding guys put the pitchforks down.

SCall13
05-14-2007, 05:45 PM
Hi guys. Another Finfan here, and Quarterback of the C2C Fins team. We are very serious about this challenge and we'd love it if you guys would accept the challenge and put a team together. How hard could that be? We're doing the hard part: WE'RE traveling to you guys. We have no practices. Whereas, you guys can get a team and actually practice together. How much more of an advantage do you want? So get a team and let us Dolphins fans travel to your neck of the woods for a fun game of football, and a great get-together with some rival fans.

HHURRICANE
05-14-2007, 06:22 PM
I'm in.

LtFinFan66
05-14-2007, 06:33 PM

Let me know.

Mods: I am sure this is probably in the wrong area, but I want to try and reach as many of you guys as possible.What's up Samphin!! Also I will be in Buffalo for that game so I would play/and or drink beer. I may be outside the age restrictions you had in the FH game

LtFinFan66
05-14-2007, 06:53 PM
Like I said in the other thread, I will be in Buffalo for that game (unless I get extended in Iraq for some reason)

Mike13
05-14-2007, 06:54 PM
This is the 5th board you have challenged FITM! lol

Samphin1
05-14-2007, 07:06 PM
What's up Samphin!! Also I will be in Buffalo for that game so I would play/and or drink beer. I may be outside the age restrictions you had in the FH game

Age restrictions? If you can walk and are old enough to drink, You are more than welcome to be there! Heck our head coach, who happens to be a defensive tackle as well into his 40's and still out drank us youngins! The team is set to some degree ( I think, I could be wrong) but we do need people to videotape the thing, take photos or to simply hang out and get a brew or 5 with us afterwards!

BTW, be as safe as you can in Iraq. :respect:

Samphin1
05-14-2007, 07:07 PM
This is the 5th board you have challenged FITM! lol

We want to play!

gr8slayer
05-14-2007, 07:09 PM
I would love to crush some Dolphins.

LtFinFan66
05-14-2007, 07:15 PM
Right on Samphin :up: :cheers:

casdhf
05-14-2007, 07:22 PM
Rejected, sorry LT :(

SquishDaFish
05-14-2007, 07:35 PM
Can FTP play for you guys?? Love to lay him out LOL

SquishDaFish
05-14-2007, 07:38 PM
Like I said in the other thread im down if thats a game I get to. Which I hope I could afford to go to.

Celtkin
05-14-2007, 07:40 PM

Apparently Bills fans can't count so PLEASE, let us keep score :respect:

LtFinFan66
05-14-2007, 08:35 PM
Rejected, sorry LT :(:mad:

ublinkwescore
05-14-2007, 08:37 PM
I would love to crush some Dolphins.

Wouldn't it be awesome if ESPN would sponsor something like this where the first 20 people for each team to sign up get to travel to play their division rival's fans.

I'd definitely sign up for this.

ublinkwescore
05-14-2007, 08:38 PM
I would like start jogging and stuff in the hot california sun to get ready for this.

SquishDaFish
05-14-2007, 08:38 PM
Same here Blink

SquishDaFish
05-14-2007, 08:39 PM
Dont worry LT you can be a cheerleader and hold up some of those rep pics. :lmao:

DraftBoy
05-14-2007, 08:42 PM
Threads merged

SquishDaFish
05-14-2007, 08:44 PM
You da man DB

ublinkwescore
05-14-2007, 09:55 PM
I just sent an Email to NFLnetwork's fanfeedback email address suggesting they make this an offseason program for the NFLN.

ublinkwescore
05-14-2007, 09:57 PM
A copy of the email I sent the NFLN's fanfeedback address:

I'm a Buffalo Bills fan - I've been one since I was like 9 years old (before they went to their first superbowl), and I frequently visit a Bills fan message board called www.billszone.com/fanzone.

Well, while I was on there, a Dolphin fan registered, and was trying to put together a football game (tackle) between Bills fans on the message board, and his own Dolphins fans that he himself had recruited.

I was just thinking, you guys should sponsor each team's fans, let them play against their division rivals, lose once and your team is done, the best team of fans from the division will play another AFC (or NFC in that conference) division's best (there are four divisions, so once the cream of the crop has established itself in each division, there are two more games) - kind of a divisional playoff, then an AFC and NFC Championship, and then a Superbowl.

Make it 7 on 7 though.

Let the team's play in air-conditioned Stadiums/Domes since summer is on it's way.

Sign me up if you guys do decide to do this - I would love to play QB in my new Losman jersey for other Bills fans.

Coach Sal
05-14-2007, 10:02 PM
I play in a very competitive men's flag football league near you FIN fans here in FLA. There are three former NFL WRs in the league (seriously). Two still under the age of 30 (things just didn't work out for them) and the other my age (34). Maybe one or two of them are closet Bills fans?!?! I'll find out :D

Anyway, I do very well for myself there. I can still outrun almost all of the HS players I coach. That being said, if this game is played and I happen to go to Buffalo for it, just letting all the Zoners know the QB position is taken care of if you want me.

And I want Gr8Slayer blocking for me! He's a beast!

ublinkwescore
05-14-2007, 10:03 PM
I play in a very competitive men's flag football league near you FIN fans here in FLA. There are three former NFL WRs in the league (seriously). Two still under the age of 30 (things just didn't work out for them) and the other my age (34). Maybe one or two of them are closet Bills fans?!?! I'll find out :D

Anyway, I do very well for myself there. I can still outrun almost all of the HS players I coach. That being said, if this game is played and I happen to go to Buffalo for it, just letting all the Zoners know the QB position is taken care of if you want me.

I can out QB you any day of the week.

ublinkwescore
05-14-2007, 10:04 PM

Personally, I think no one who played in the NFL should be allowed.

Coach Sal
05-14-2007, 10:06 PM

Um, O.K. You keep telling yourself that, Champ!

Coach Sal
05-14-2007, 10:07 PM
Personally, I think no one who played in the NFL should be allowed.

Actually, I'd just like to watch the Fin fans pee themselves when they try to cover them.

Otherwise, we wouldn't need 'em anyway.

ShadowHawk7
05-14-2007, 10:09 PM
Still not sure what home game I'm attending, but if it is the Fins game, I'd definitely be down for that. I played QB this year for my varsity high school team so I know a thing or two.

ublinkwescore
05-14-2007, 10:09 PM
Actually, I'd just like to watch the Fin fans pee themselves when they try to cover them.

Otherwise, we wouldn't need 'em anyway.

I think it should just be kept to your average joes who work 40 hours a week, and have been out of high school for at least 5+ years.

Coach Sal
05-14-2007, 10:18 PM
I think it should just be kept to your average joes who work 40 hours a week, and have been out of high school for at least 5+ years.

Who's to decide who an average Joe is or isn't? If someone can play, they can play. Just because you used to get paid as an athlete, or get paid to coach (like me), shouldn't exclude people from something like this.

At least 5 years out of HS? That would eliminate a lot of people who want to (and deserve to) get involved around here. The only age requirement should be 18 years old, due to insurance liabilities (we could get sued if someone under 18 played w/out parental permission and got hurt). Even being 21 shouldn't matter because people don't have to drink if they don't want to. Heck, I rarely drink.

ublinkwescore
05-14-2007, 10:30 PM
Who's to decide who an average Joe is or isn't? If someone can play, they can play. Just because you used to get paid as an athlete, or get paid to coach (like me), shouldn't exclude people from something like this.

At least 5 years out of HS? That would eliminate a lot of people who want to (and deserve to) get involved around here. The only age requirement should be 18 years old, due to insurance liabilities (we could get sued if someone under 18 played w/out parental permission and got hurt). Even being 21 shouldn't matter because people don't have to drink if they don't want to. Heck, I rarely drink.

I just figured 5 years out of high school would have given someone's body a little time to age (or get rusty for that matter) if they did play sports in high school.

I just figured, if this were to happen, make it so it can be competitive for people who are in their 40's or even 50's to be able to play as well - I'm sure there are probably not a lot of them who are gonna be able to keep up with a guy fresh out of high school, and the working thing was about - if you're working full time, and your job is actually work - where you don't get to sit on your @$$ all day - you're too tired to make it to a gym, and naturally, your body isn't likely to be in the same shape it was when you first got out of high school if you were a jock in high school.

BTW, I don't need to tell myself that I can out QB you any day of the week - I know.

Samphin1
05-15-2007, 12:20 AM
Well, there are some rules that need to be followed. For one, I think it is best if all players on the team be signed up for their respective fansites prior. Perhaps even a time limit should be established?

As for retired or former pro athletes...I know there is a certain uber competitive running back down in the Miami area who may not be playing for the Dolphins this year but may be interested in a pickup game. He does quite well against Buffalo from what I remember as well...

Also, it isn't a requirement, but I think it would be nice to have everyone 21 and over. Reason being is we'd like to hang out with everyone after the game at a local establishment (probably of your choosing) and it would suck not to be able to have everyone there.

Furthermore, we need to agree to a date soon for airline bookings, hotel reservations etc. I propose that the game happen on the same weekend as the Buffalo-Miami game in Buffalo so that we could all go to the game on Sunday nursing our various sore spots and injuries (as well as hangovers...) So that puts us at the weekend of Dec. 8-9.

You guys should hold a sign up sheet and see if you can't field yourselves a team of about 14-16 fans. Remember it is seven on seven so it would be wise to make sure you have at least 14 for subbing purposes. The game we played in, we had 9guys in the Florida heat and ended up pretty much cramped to all heck by the last hour of play.

Check out www.c2cfins.com for more info on our team. C2C stands for coast to coast. It is our official Finheaven team.

Uncle Jesse
05-15-2007, 12:37 AM
I'd be in, get at me!

mybills
05-15-2007, 06:55 AM
A copy of the email I sent the NFLN's fanfeedback address:

I'm a Buffalo Bills fan - I've been one since I was like 9 years old (before they went to their first superbowl), and I frequently visit a Bills fan message board called www.billszone.com/fanzone.

I'm officially embarrassed by this surfer-dude lingo. :couch:

tampabay25690
05-15-2007, 07:55 AM
Boys I would be in and I always go to the Miami game down there....

Tackle that sounds interesting, I bet our jobs would love to hear that!!!!!

tampabay25690
05-15-2007, 07:58 AM
Well, there are some rules that need to be followed. For one, I think it is best if all players on the team be signed up for their respective fansites prior. Perhaps even a time limit should be established?

As for retired or former pro athletes...I know there is a certain uber competitive running back down in the Miami area who may not be playing for the Dolphins this year but may be interested in a pickup game. He does quite well against Buffalo from what I remember as well...

Also, it isn't a requirement, but I think it would be nice to have everyone 21 and over. Reason being is we'd like to hang out with everyone after the game at a local establishment (probably of your choosing) and it would suck not to be able to have everyone there.

Furthermore, we need to agree to a date soon for airline bookings, hotel reservations etc. I propose that the game happen on the same weekend as the Buffalo-Miami game in Buffalo so that we could all go to the game on Sunday nursing our various sore spots and injuries (as well as hangovers...) So that puts us at the weekend of Dec. 8-9.

You guys should hold a sign up sheet and see if you can't field yourselves a team of about 14-16 fans. Remember it is seven on seven so it would be wise to make sure you have at least 14 for subbing purposes. The game we played in, we had 9guys in the Florida heat and ended up pretty much cramped to all heck by the last hour of play.

Check out www.c2cfins.com for more info on our team. C2C stands for coast to coast. It is our official Finheaven team.

Well at least we know he will bring the reefer......

LynchMob
05-15-2007, 08:18 AM
Oh hell ya! Count me in! We need to get an official sign up sheet going with prospective positions, etc. Mods?

Dozerdog
05-15-2007, 08:26 AM
As for retired or former pro athletes...I know there is a certain uber competitive running back down in the Miami area who may not be playing for the Dolphins this year but may be interested in a pickup game. He does quite well against Buffalo from what I remember as well... .Tell Ricky he still has to pass the pee test

madness
05-15-2007, 08:29 AM
This sounds like a great idea. I wish I lived near Buffalo because I'd definitely be in.

A bunch of my friends are in a tackle football league in NJ. The league is open to expansion in other states if there are enough inquiries. Right now, I believe there are about 14 teams in Jersey.

The site is www.townbeef.com (http://www.townbeef.com). They have highlight vids and everything. In fact my boys (Liners) are on the front page now.

ublinkwescore
05-15-2007, 08:29 AM
I'm officially embarrassed by this surfer-dude lingo. :couch:

Well, if it makes you feel any better, I've never surfed, and I live approximately (I was gonna use like again, but I thought "approximately" would be more diplomatic) an hour and a half away from the nearest beaches where surfing/bodyboarding/windsurfing/whatever could take place.

I used the word like, because it's an approximation - comprende?

ublinkwescore
05-15-2007, 08:32 AM
Tell Ricky he still has to pass the pee test

According to the NFL Network, Ricky Williams was living outside Sacramento California in some hippy town where he instructs people in Yoga.

patmoran2006
05-15-2007, 08:56 AM
I'm like Ricky Proehl in the slot..

ublinkwescore
05-15-2007, 09:07 AM
I'm like Ricky Proehl in the slot..

Black guys get mad at you when you burn them?

Samphin1
05-15-2007, 09:37 AM
According to the NFL Network, Ricky Williams was living outside Sacramento California in some hippy town where he instructs people in Yoga.

Which means he is less than an hour from my house. Perhaps a recruiting trip is in order? :lol:

7 on 7 tackle football game, no pads, rules are in place to help prevent injuries. get yer sign up sheet goin!

mybills
05-15-2007, 09:56 AM
I live approximately (I was gonna use like again, but

:rofl:

patmoran2006
05-15-2007, 10:19 AM
Which means he is less than an hour from my house. Perhaps a recruiting trip is in order? :lol:

7 on 7 tackle football game, no pads, rules are in place to help prevent injuries. get yer sign up sheet goin!Are you guys the prisoners from "the longest yard" or something?

If we play, I want to play QB.. and I will have JustaSportsFan go over the middle, and I will make the sure the pass is high, leaving his rib-cage exposed.

BuffaloBillsStampede
05-15-2007, 10:55 AM
I am in for sure let me know when and where!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

cutter10x
05-15-2007, 11:24 AM
im in......just let me know when and where......

also kgun12 says he would like to but any reasonable fart would knock him over and he would not be getting up......

mikemac2001
05-15-2007, 12:06 PM
Ill come up with some nice plays using madden

Bling
05-15-2007, 02:46 PM
Sounds like a thread of old men trying to relive the glory days...

patmoran2006
05-15-2007, 02:49 PM

also kgun12 says he would like to but any reasonable fart would knock him over and he would not be getting up......
I'll chopblock my own teammate if KGun is on my team.

Hehe.

Dr. Lecter
05-15-2007, 02:56 PM

If that is what you think, maybe a little boy full of himself should show up and take the old men on.

Dr. Lecter
05-15-2007, 02:57 PM
I'll chopblock my own teammate if KGun is on my team.

Hehe.

If you are on the team, there will be a line waiting to chop block somebody. :D

NJFINSFAN1
05-15-2007, 02:59 PM
This sounds like a great idea. I wish I lived near Buffalo because I'd definitely be in.

A bunch of my friends are in a tackle football league in NJ. The league is open to expansion in other states if there are enough inquiries. Right now, I believe there are about 14 teams in Jersey.

The site is www.townbeef.com (http://www.townbeef.com). They have highlight vids and everything. In fact my boys (Liners) are on the front page now.

Man these guys are all over Jersey, You have Hackensack teams that are 25 minutes from me, then you have teams in Treaton which is 2 hours away.

NJFINSFAN1
05-15-2007, 03:01 PM
If that is what you think, maybe a little boy full of himself should show up and take the old men on.

:respect:

LtFinFan66
05-15-2007, 03:25 PM
Sounds like a thread of old men trying to relive the glory days...Us old guys would probably kill you Bling

madness
05-15-2007, 03:47 PM
Man these guys are all over Jersey, You have Hackensack teams that are 25 minutes from me, then you have teams in Treaton which is 2 hours away.

Yeah, it's a pretty crazy league. I had to punk out because I had too much crap on my plate especially when you factor in the 45 min each way at least on most games. My best friend is the size of a NFL LB but had to quit because he has back problems. Hackensack and Trenton are both about an hour 25 min away from us.

Bling
05-15-2007, 03:49 PM

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?p=1968944&postcount=29

Now if you want to wait till I'm in college, I'd be more than happy to make you old geezers look like the out of shape, arthritis filled losers you are.

Oh yeah, and Bling does not play for Finheaven. Bling plays for internet Dolfans - NOT for Finheaven.

Bling
05-15-2007, 03:51 PM
Us old guys would probably kill you Bling

If you can catch me. I can jog and still outrun the geezers. Be glad I'm on your team. Of course - do you want me on your team?

justasportsfan
05-15-2007, 04:12 PM
If you are on the team, there will be a line waiting to chop block somebody. :D
chopblocking is for losers. I'll take him head on :D

kgun12
05-15-2007, 04:28 PM

This is only because of 3 back and 4 knee surgeries!!!

Without telling you my past athletic and military history, I think it would be worth a hospital visit if you and Feelthepain would play!!! I think I would enjoy this game a whole lot!

BTW cutter is would take more than a fart!!!

LtFinFan66
05-15-2007, 05:22 PM
If you can catch me. I can jog and still outrun the geezers. Be glad I'm on your team. Of course - do you want me on your team?I would catch you. I am sneaky fast.

those I would like to meet while they are going across the middle
1)
2)
3)

Oh hell, you know who you are!

and no Bling, you are not one of them

Samphin1
05-15-2007, 06:17 PM
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?p=1968944&postcount=29

Now if you want to wait till I'm in college, I'd be more than happy to make you old geezers look like the out of shape, arthritis filled losers you are.

Oh yeah, and Bling does not play for Finheaven. Bling plays for internet Dolfans - NOT for Finheaven.

Well, this is a finheaven team, like it or not. You are more than welcome to ocme out and root on your fellow fin fans though!

Bling
05-15-2007, 06:24 PM
Well, this is a finheaven team, like it or not. You are more than welcome to ocme out and root on your fellow fin fans though!

1) I'm 16 years-old.
2) Posters that I know were banned at Finheaven for the wrong reason, so I made a statement and got myself banned. I will root for Dolfans, but never for Finheaven. Sorry. I'd much rather root for Billszone.

FINintheMOON
05-15-2007, 06:59 PM
Well guys it seems that there is interest in making this happen. Someone needs to step up and get this rolling. I could begin the roster for ya and turn it over when you have someone that will run with it. If there is anything that I can do to help, just PM me here or in FINHEAVEN.COM or you can drop me an e-mail at kmcgaffic@msn.com...

LET'S GET THIS PARTY STARTED!!!

Samphin1
05-15-2007, 07:44 PM
1) I'm 16 years-old.
2) Posters that I know were banned at Finheaven for the wrong reason, so I made a statement and got myself banned. I will root for Dolfans, but never for Finheaven. Sorry. I'd much rather root for Billszone.

Eh, suit yourself.

Voltron
05-15-2007, 11:05 PM
rrich could play line .... the whole line!

I would love to see the look on the Fin Fan faces when Rich showed up :roflmao:

Great Idea though Sam! No matter who wins it sounds like a great way to meet!

Voltron
05-15-2007, 11:06 PM
1) I'm 16 years-old.
Wow with the comments you make around here I am so supprised you are 16 :snicker:

kgun12
05-16-2007, 05:52 AM
Without telling you my past athletic and military history, I think it would be worth a hospital visit if you and Feelthepain would play!!! I think I would enjoy this game a whole lot!

Didn't realize you were only 16 I take back my comment. Youth, wasted on the wrong people! :cynic:

mybills
05-16-2007, 07:26 AM
Sorry. I'd much rather root for Billszone.

This is priceless! :bandwagon

FINintheMOON
05-16-2007, 02:34 PM
So what is the verdict guys? Are you gonna play? Again, if you need help in getting started, I would be more than happy to help. BTW, The GANG GREEN site is pretty close to having their team formed. We plan to play them on September 22. That is the Saturday before the FINS play them on the 23rd, Sunday, in which our team, the C2C, will be in attendance!

The plan is the same for you guys... We will play you on December 8th, the Saturday before the BILLS/FINS game on Sunday. This way we make a weekend out of it!

And if you do develop the team, you could always challenge the Gang Green site to a game as well!

This is all in fun guys and really would be a freakin blast! Let me know!!!

SquishDaFish
05-16-2007, 03:12 PM
Like I said my 6'4" 300 lb ass will be there if that is a game I will have money for tix.

mysticsoto
05-16-2007, 03:31 PM
Sounds like someone needs to be picked as the coordinator of this event. If I had the time, I'd do it, but my volunteer activities are consuming my time.

You need a coordinator and a list needs to start forming on who is available to play. From the posts, I gather these are the people interested:

BillsIN05
Justa (Are you sure you can with your knee injury?)
Buffatexas
HHurricane
gr8slayer - OT?
ublinkwescore - QB
Coach Sal - QB (? - are you coming to the Miami game?)
Shadowhawk7 - QB
Tampabay25690 - OT ?
LynchMob
BuffaloBillsStampede
cutter10x

I guess you guys need to start hashing out where you want to play...and then start coordinating getting together for some practices...

Dr. Lecter
05-16-2007, 03:47 PM
I can be coach and/or GM, so Pat and Op can ***** about every decision I make!

justasportsfan
05-16-2007, 04:32 PM
I can be coach and/or GM, so Pat and Op can ***** about every decision I make!
:roflmao:

Pat can cover it and finally brag he's a sportswriter.

justasportsfan
05-16-2007, 04:32 PM

I saw Miyagi fix Danielsans knee. I'll be fine.

FINintheMOON
05-16-2007, 04:59 PM
Sounds like someone needs to be picked as the coordinator of this event. If I had the time, I'd do it, but my volunteer activities are consuming my time.

You need a coordinator and a list needs to start forming on who is available to play. From the posts, I gather these are the people interested:

BillsIN05
Buffatexas
HHurricane
gr8slayer - OT?
ublinkwescore - QB
Coach Sal - QB (? - are you coming to the Miami game?)
Shadowhawk7 - QB
Tampabay25690 - OT ?
LynchMob
BuffaloBillsStampede
cutter10x

I guess you guys need to start hashing out where you want to play...and then start coordinating getting together for some practices...

You are spot on bro! I did start a signup thread so that we could at least get everyone on the books... After that, I have to step away from it and let you guys run with it...

What we need now is for all the above to go to the sign up thread and commit...

SABURZFAN
05-16-2007, 10:49 PM
I would like start jogging and stuff in the hot california sun to get ready for this.

:laughter:

SABURZFAN
05-16-2007, 10:51 PM

just because you can throw doughnut holes in your mouth effortlessly doesn't mean you have QB skills.

LtFinFan66
05-16-2007, 10:57 PM
I want to play!

I was a star running back in high school and would have turned pro if it wasn't for a knee injury.

Squish the fish!!You mean squish the fish fans obviously

Samphin1
05-16-2007, 11:59 PM
I want to play!

I was a star running back in high school and would have turned pro if it wasn't for a knee injury.

Squish the fish!!

Yeah, I would have turned pro too if it weren't for the fact that I was a slow, non football playing wrestler...I hate it when things like that happen.

LtFinFan66
05-17-2007, 12:43 AM
:goodpost:

Voltron
05-17-2007, 12:30 PM
Yeah, I would have turned pro too if it weren't for the fact that I was a slow, non football playing wrestler...I hate it when things like that happen.
Wow you tooo!?!?

I would have been a pro football player if I had played in High School, was tall, didn't weigh 135 lbs as a Sr., got a free ride to a top 25 school, and those damn pigs would grow some f'in wings!