X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Samphin1
    • Mar 2004

FINHEAVEN.COM Challenges the BILLSZONE

Hey Billszoners. Tis I Samphin. And yes, I am a Dolphins fan. But I come back to you in peace. You see, I also post over at finheaven (under a very similar name) and recently took part in a fun football game with some of my fellow FHers.

It was so fun that we decided that it might be worth extending out to other message boards from other teams and see if they would want to play against us. Now, we would do all the traveling, so you guys wouldn't have to do any of that. It is 7 on 7 tackle football with rules in place to help prevent injuries. The only game we played in so far, resulted in nothing worse than cramps (So. Florida heat) and it was a 3 hour game.

So what do you guys say? We have challenged the Panthers fans and Jets fans but both site seem to think we are some pro team or something and are refusing to play us, or at least reluctant.

Obviously a date would have to be hammered out and some other particulars. But I had a blast when we played and I think it would be fun to get to know some of you guys (and gals) through this game. Perhaps the weekend when Miami goes to Buffalo? Play our game on saturday then we can all go to the game on Sunday? Just a thought.

Let me know.

Mods: I am sure this is probably in the wrong area, but I want to try and reach as many of you guys as possible.
  • Pinkerton Security
    Pinkerton's son
    • Feb 2006

Re: A friendly football challenge

Originally posted by Samphin1
    Hey Billszoners. Tis I Samphin. And yes, I am a Dolphins fan. But I come back to you in peace. You see, I also post over at finheaven (under a very similar name) and recently took part in a fun football game with some of my fellow FHers.

It was so fun that we decided that it might be worth extending out to other message boards from other teams and see if they would want to play against us. Now, we would do all the traveling, so you guys wouldn't have to do any of that. It is 7 on 7 tackle football with rules in place to help prevent injuries. The only game we played in so far, resulted in nothing worse than cramps (So. Florida heat) and it was a 3 hour game.

So what do you guys say? We have challenged the Panthers fans and Jets fans but both site seem to think we are some pro team or something and are refusing to play us, or at least reluctant.

Obviously a date would have to be hammered out and some other particulars. But I had a blast when we played and I think it would be fun to get to know some of you guys (and gals) through this game. Perhaps the weekend when Miami goes to Buffalo? Play our game on saturday then we can all go to the game on Sunday? Just a thought.

Let me know.

Mods: I am sure this is probably in the wrong area, but I want to try and reach as many of you guys as possible.
    If i was in the area, i would totally be down with this challenge. unfortunately i will not be. seems like fun tho!

Comment

• SquishDaFish
      Lets GO BUFFALO!!
      • Jun 2005

Im down if I go to that game.

Comment

• Samphin1
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by pinkdogg32
        If i was in the area, i would totally be down with this challenge. unfortunately i will not be. seems like fun tho!

The game would be in Buffalo or near abouts. We defer to the local guys on where to play. We (meaning the finheaveners) would be doing all the traveling. All you guys would have to do is field a team and show up.

I am dead serious about this guys. If you want to get a game together, let meknow. Havea captain/coach whatever you want to call them get ahold of me and we could work this thing out!

I just want to play some football and have some brews with you guys afterwards. I think it would be a blast.

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

I would love to be part of the BZ team if there is one.
          sacrifice1
          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
            Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Is there crying in football?

Comment

• justasportsfan
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
              Is there crying in football?

No , but I would love for Pat Moran to be on Samphins team.
              sacrifice1

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                No , but I would love for Pat Moran to be on Samphins team.
                Where is the rule saying that you can't tackle your own guys?

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
                  Where is the rule saying that you can't tackle your own guys?
                  No freaking way I'd be on the same team that has a whiner. 'OMG, it's ssssoo hot. I might break a ssssweat. Were' gonna die"
                  sacrifice1

Comment

• jamze132
                    Don’t hate…
                    • Jun 2003

This is actually a really great (and expensive for them) idea. I would love to be apart of this newfound tradition. The only problem is the Amry saw fit to send me to Italy until 2009 so unless you guys want to play next to the leaning tower of Pisa, ytou can count me out. Sorry.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jamze132
                      This is actually a really great (and expensive for them) idea. I would love to be apart of this newfound tradition. The only problem is the Amry saw fit to send me to Italy until 2009 so unless you guys want to play next to the leaning tower of Pisa, ytou can count me out. Sorry.
                      Be safe .

sacrifice1

Comment

• Buffatexas
                        • Aug 2002

you can count me in just let me know when and where

Comment

• Samphin1
                          • Mar 2004

Excellent. It sounds like we have some interest here! And Justa, I would hope you would be apart of this in some capacity. You are one of my favorite non-finfan posters on any board. Sadly, I think I will be dissapointed in your appearance as I have you pegged to be Mr. Bean.

Again though guys, I think to go forward, we need you folks to peg yourselves a captain or coach or whatever so we can get down to specifics.

Just so you guys know, we are not a team of ringers like the pansies over at the Jets board thought. We are simply fans who want to play football and meet one another. We have played in one game previous to (hopefully) this next one, but we played it against one another and flew in from all over the country to play in it.

For example, I live in Northern California, but will be flying to Buffalo to play in this game, along with one of our wideouts who lives near me, and another in Seattle. Four guys would be flying in from Florida, a couple from Virginia and so on and so forth. Point is, you wouldn't have to worry about us having any type of unfair advantage.

If you guys can field a team, let me know. Start recruiting now though, because I would like to set a date soon so I can get everyone else on board from my end etc.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                            Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                            • Jun 2005

If some Bills fans want to play IM in if thats a game I go to.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Samphin1
                              Excellent. It sounds like we have some interest here! And Justa, I would hope you would be apart of this in some capacity. You are one of my favorite non-finfan posters on any board. Sadly, I think I will be dissapointed in your appearance as I have you pegged to be Mr. Bean.

Again though guys, I think to go forward, we need you folks to peg yourselves a captain or coach or whatever so we can get down to specifics.

Just so you guys know, we are not a team of ringers like the pansies over at the Jets board thought. We are simply fans who want to play football and meet one another. We have played in one game previous to (hopefully) this next one, but we played it against one another and flew in from all over the country to play in it.

For example, I live in Northern California, but will be flying to Buffalo to play in this game, along with one of our wideouts who lives near me, and another in Seattle. Four guys would be flying in from Florida, a couple from Virginia and so on and so forth. Point is, you wouldn't have to worry about us having any type of unfair advantage.

If you guys can field a team, let me know. Start recruiting now though, because I would like to set a date soon so I can get everyone else on board from my end etc.

Any chance you can try and recruit Moran on your team?
                              sacrifice1

Comment

Working...
                              X