PDA

View Full Version : What about this change in defense?

Sennsai
03-13-2003, 10:28 PM
If people are hell bent on getting a safety for Buffalo this year(FA or Draft), hear me out.

Right now we have Spikes/Fletcher and ??? as our LB's.
Wire and Prielou as Safety.

Sign a stud Safety(Knight, etc) and bring in the FA and keep Prielou as safety and move Wire back to LB where he is the tackling machine he was in college. Some say Wire's coverage skills are lacking(though I say give him time, first year playing coverage for the most part, still learning), but everyone raves on his tackling and instinct to get to the ball. Some teams are playing LB's at 225lbs now in the NFL. Wire at 210 and strong as an ox could pull off playing LB in my mind. He was an animal at LB in college.

Bottom line.. LB's would be Spikes, Fletcher, Wire (wow, that's impressive tacklers).
Safety ... FA stud and Prielou.

Thoughts?

Romes
03-13-2003, 10:39 PM
We signed Posey to be the other OLB. Assuming we sign Adams are weakness on D is Prioleau. Your solution would not make the team better because Priouleau would still be manning the FS spot. He is the one we need to replace. Not shift other people around.

WG
03-13-2003, 10:40 PM
He's too light for the NFL. Corey Moore proved that too and he weighed more than Wire.

kgun12
03-13-2003, 11:13 PM
Ditto to Romes and Wys posts!

venis2k1
03-13-2003, 11:25 PM
I was gonna say, what happend to Posey???

Tatonka
03-14-2003, 12:14 AM
in theory it really isnt a bad idea.. but ss is so close to LB in our defense anyways..

td will work out the issues at fs.. if PP is at FS again this year.. it is because he deserved it... imho