X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sennsai
    • Aug 2002

What about this change in defense?

If people are hell bent on getting a safety for Buffalo this year(FA or Draft), hear me out.

Right now we have Spikes/Fletcher and ??? as our LB's.
    Wire and Prielou as Safety.

Sign a stud Safety(Knight, etc) and bring in the FA and keep Prielou as safety and move Wire back to LB where he is the tackling machine he was in college. Some say Wire's coverage skills are lacking(though I say give him time, first year playing coverage for the most part, still learning), but everyone raves on his tackling and instinct to get to the ball. Some teams are playing LB's at 225lbs now in the NFL. Wire at 210 and strong as an ox could pull off playing LB in my mind. He was an animal at LB in college.

Bottom line.. LB's would be Spikes, Fletcher, Wire (wow, that's impressive tacklers).
    Safety ... FA stud and Prielou.

Thoughts?
    " It happened before, it will happen again. It's just a question of when."
  • Romes
    • Jul 2002

We signed Posey to be the other OLB. Assuming we sign Adams are weakness on D is Prioleau. Your solution would not make the team better because Priouleau would still be manning the FS spot. He is the one we need to replace. Not shift other people around.
    Originally posted by paladin warrior
    RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• Wys Guy
      Drew and Sam stole all my hair
      • Jul 2002

He's too light for the NFL. Corey Moore proved that too and he weighed more than Wire.
      Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• kgun12
        • Jul 2002

Ditto to Romes and Wys posts!
        Retired Air Traffic Controller
        USAF VETERAN
        DAV

Comment

• venis2k1
          Youboty can hope
          • Jul 2002

I was gonna say, what happend to Posey???

Comment

• Tatonka
            • Jul 2002

in theory it really isnt a bad idea.. but ss is so close to LB in our defense anyways..

td will work out the issues at fs.. if PP is at FS again this year.. it is because he deserved it... imho
            "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

Working...
            X