PDA

View Full Version : Wanna direct your anger?

Nighthawk
05-14-2007, 08:42 PM
Direct it at Regier for building this team with a bunch of soft, heartless and character lacking players. He one of the main reasons for this team's failures. Too soft...too weak...no heart...no guts...no grit...no character....NO CUP!

MTBillsFan
05-14-2007, 08:56 PM
Right now, I agree with NO HEART...our backs are against the wall! Someone needs to come out in Game 4 and get a hat trick!

LABillsFan
05-14-2007, 09:41 PM
These guys ruled all season, you can't ignore that. Ottawa has the Sabres number for what ever reason. They are close in talent however the Sens are bigger, I think that and the special teams need to be addressed. Coaching is a big part of it grit is another. The way the Sens are playing the D is thinking that the Sens will get a breakaway or 2 on 1. I really am disappointed with the playoff play but they are young and need and some size. Watch the guys from Rochester coming up. They'll be grittier.

SpillerThrills
05-14-2007, 10:21 PM
all season long we've talked about how great these guys are, and how smart darcy and lindy are for building this team....... now that they're ready to flop on their face they all suck and darcy is to blame. how long before we have more "fire darcy" or "fire lindy" threads????

now I'm not trying to say that there is nobody to blame for what's going on, but why is it that we always point fingers at the GM or the Coach??? yes they have a certain amount of motivation that they have to bring, but in the end they can't play the game for the players......... I'm sorry, I hate to point fingers at players but my biggest problem player this playoffs is Kalinin....... HORRIBLE!!!!

SabreEleven
05-15-2007, 03:22 AM
Right now, I agree with NO HEART...our backs are against the wall! Someone needs to come out in Game 4 and get a hat trick!

That means that they need to get 3 shots on goal...I'm not sure if anyone is capabable of that.

Ebenezer
05-15-2007, 03:39 AM
it's good to see that there are a couple of guys on the boards who see what is going on.

Jan Reimers
05-15-2007, 04:57 AM
I'm not going to bash the Sabres, although I'm as pissed as anyone. They've had a super season, and a great 2 year run. Sometimes, in the playoffs, you just run into a team that is playing better.

We are not soft or heartless. Ottawa is simply a better team than we are. We played our guts out and lost last night.

It's disappointing, but I don't think we have to crucify the Sabres for being outplayed by a superior team.

shelby
05-15-2007, 05:03 AM
Ruff was quick to call out Miller the other day....i'd like to see Miller get pissed off and call out the rest of the team.

One man can't win a Stanley Cup.

Ebenezer
05-15-2007, 05:16 AM
I'm not going to bash the Sabres, although I'm as pissed as anyone. They've had a super season, and a great 2 year run. Sometimes, in the playoffs, you just run into a team that is playing better.

We are not soft or heartless. Ottawa is simply a better team than we are. We played our guts out and lost last night.

It's disappointing, but I don't think we have to crucify the Sabres for being outplayed by a superior team.
watch it Jan...objectivity means nothing here...there are those who will roast you as a closet Ottawa fan...

SabreEleven
05-15-2007, 05:53 AM
When Kahlinen gets the puck on the defensive half wall and starts slowly and lazily up the ice and a Senator can easily poke the puck away from him and get a scoring chance. Is that what you mean by playing our guts out?

oh wait, I know. We shoot the puck in on a PP and 1 Sabre and 2 Senators go to the puck and they shoot it down the ice that is what you mean by playing our guts out?

Jan and Eb are the ones half dulusional and making up excuses for the Sabres. Yes, the Senators are playing good but the Sabres refuse to compete.

Jan Reimers
05-15-2007, 06:26 AM
When Kahlinen gets the puck on the defensive half wall and starts slowly and lazily up the ice and a Senator can easily poke the puck away from him and get a scoring chance. Is that what you mean by playing our guts out?

oh wait, I know. We shoot the puck in on a PP and 1 Sabre and 2 Senators go to the puck and they shoot it down the ice that is what you mean by playing our guts out?

Jan and Eb are the ones half dulusional and making up excuses for the Sabres. Yes, the Senators are playing good but the Sabres refuse to compete.
I'm not making ANY excuses. There are reasons why we are losing, including being outscored 1-0 on our 18 power play attempts, turning the puck over too often, and Miller being pretty average until last night.

But the reason for most of our problems is that Ottawa is forcing us into mistakes, and really taking it to us. The Sabres are competing and competing hard, however. We have NOT given up. Ottawa won the season series against us, so why is it so difficult to see that that they are just a little better?

Jan Reimers
05-15-2007, 06:29 AM
And believe me, I'm pissed. But I've still got my Sabres flag flying, and I'll nave my Afinogenov game sweater on tomorrow, just like every game day. I'm disappointed, but I'm not giving up.

don137
05-15-2007, 06:41 AM
I am not doubting the Sens are playing better hockey right now then the Sabres however Buffalo can play with the Sens. They did it this year with a bunch of players from Rochester. Not sure how getting 15 shots on goal in 60 minutes with 6 power plays shows they played with passion. With 6 power plays a good team should be getting 10-15 shots yet that was the total for the game. Both teams are loaded with talent. Right now the difference is who wants it more and right now the Sens want it more and the Sens big name players are stepping up and the big names of the Sabres aren't.
I am still wearing my Sabres shirt and will wear it proudly but I disagree that they gave it their all in this series.

Ebenezer
05-15-2007, 06:52 AM
I'm not making ANY excuses. There are reasons why we are losing, including being outscored 1-0 on our 18 power play attempts, turning the puck over too often, and Miller being pretty average until last night.

But the reason for most of our problems is that Ottawa is forcing us into mistakes, and really taking it to us. The Sabres are competing and competing hard, however. We have NOT given up. Ottawa won the season series against us, so why is it so difficult to see that that they are just a little better?
don't say I didn't warn ya...

I'm still saying I wouldn't be surprised if they came back and won the series but Ottawa is the reason they are down 3-0. One game is a fluke...three?? A seriously bad trend.

Michael82
05-15-2007, 08:24 AM
I am not doubting the Sens are playing better hockey right now then the Sabres however Buffalo can play with the Sens. They did it this year with a bunch of players from Rochester. Not sure how getting 15 shots on goal in 60 minutes with 6 power plays shows they played with passion. With 6 power plays a good team should be getting 10-15 shots yet that was the total for the game. Both teams are loaded with talent. Right now the difference is who wants it more and right now the Sens want it more and the Sens big name players are stepping up and the big names of the Sabres aren't.
I am still wearing my Sabres shirt and will wear it proudly but I disagree that they gave it their all in this series.
Great post! :bf1:

Philagape
05-15-2007, 09:09 AM
No one is more responsible for the Sabres' mistakes than the Sabres. When a Sabres player skates in over the blue line and sees two or three defenders in front of him and tries to skate right through them, that's the Sabre's fault. When a Sabre makes a bad pass, that's the Sabre's fault. When a Sabre fumbles the puck in open ice, that's the Sabre's fault.
What the Sabres have failed to do is adjust. They don't have a Plan B. Half the time, it's like they have no idea what to do with the puck. They are horribly unprepared, both mentally and tactically. And that's the Sabres' fault.

Jan Reimers
05-15-2007, 09:45 AM
I don't disagree, don. I didn't think we played our best hockey against the Isles and Rangers, either, but they're not as good as Ottawa, and we can't get away with anything less than our "A" game against the Sens. We have made mistakes, and don't seem to be quite in sync, throughout the entire playoffs.

I just don't believe it's lack of effort so much as lack of execution, and I think Ottawa is really disrupting what we're trying to do, and frustrating us in the process.

don137
05-15-2007, 11:38 AM
I don't disagree, don. I didn't think we played our best hockey against the Isles and Rangers, either, but they're not as good as Ottawa, and we can't get away with anything less than our "A" game against the Sens. We have made mistakes, and don't seem to be quite in sync, throughout the entire playoffs.

I just don't believe it's lack of effort so much as lack of execution, and I think Ottawa is really disrupting what we're trying to do, and frustrating us in the process.

The reason I believe the effort is not there is because I see them losing too many battles against the boards and too many shots from the point is getting though from Ottawa's defensemen (do you think last year the game winner in game 2 would of gotten through or someone would of gone down to block it). They need to win the battles on the boards especially on the power play and I do not see them going down to block the shots like last year. Maybe McKee set the standard last year and everyone followed. This year with him gone no one is there to step up and take one for the team. I would love to know how many blocked shots the Sabres had per game last year in the playoffs and how many they have a game this year.

Dozerdog
05-15-2007, 01:10 PM
Direct it at Regier for building this team with a bunch of soft, heartless and character lacking players. He one of the main reasons for this team's failures. Too soft...too weak...no heart...no guts...no grit...no character....NO CUP!

:rofl:

Yeah- You owe Reigher for building a team you can at least get angry about.

We could be like the Islanders- give out bad contracts every year and finish in the 7-12 area fighting for a playoff spot. Or the Maple Leafs, or god forbid- the Bruins

You guys just don't know how good you actually got it.

Earthquake Enyart
05-15-2007, 02:42 PM
:rofl:

Yeah- You owe Reigher for building a team you can at least get angry about.

We could be like the Islanders- give out bad contracts every year and finish in the 7-12 area fighting for a playoff spot. Or the Maple Leafs, or god forbid- the Bruins

You guys just don't know how good you actually got it.
You could be in Chicago. :ill:

RockStar36
05-15-2007, 02:45 PM
Ruff was quick to call out Miller the other day....i'd like to see Miller get pissed off and call out the rest of the team.

One man can't win a Stanley Cup.

I'm pretty sure he already did that in the regular season.

It's one reason I always defend him. People get on his **** about letting in a soft goal here and there, meanwhile the rest of the team is sleepwalking for 60 minutes and he is the reason they can still tie the game with 7 seconds left.