Wanna direct your anger?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nighthawk
    Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
    • Jul 2002

Wanna direct your anger?

Direct it at Regier for building this team with a bunch of soft, heartless and character lacking players. He one of the main reasons for this team's failures. Too soft...too weak...no heart...no guts...no grit...no character....NO CUP!
  • MTBillsFan
    • May 2003

Re: Wanna direct your anger?

Right now, I agree with NO HEART...our backs are against the wall! Someone needs to come out in Game 4 and get a hat trick!
    Send me some wings!

Comment

• LABillsFan
      • Aug 2002

These guys ruled all season, you can't ignore that. Ottawa has the Sabres number for what ever reason. They are close in talent however the Sens are bigger, I think that and the special teams need to be addressed. Coaching is a big part of it grit is another. The way the Sens are playing the D is thinking that the Sens will get a breakaway or 2 on 1. I really am disappointed with the playoff play but they are young and need and some size. Watch the guys from Rochester coming up. They'll be grittier.
      I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't repeat myself.

Comment

• SpillerThrills
        • Oct 2005

all season long we've talked about how great these guys are, and how smart darcy and lindy are for building this team....... now that they're ready to flop on their face they all suck and darcy is to blame. how long before we have more "fire darcy" or "fire lindy" threads????

now I'm not trying to say that there is nobody to blame for what's going on, but why is it that we always point fingers at the GM or the Coach??? yes they have a certain amount of motivation that they have to bring, but in the end they can't play the game for the players......... I'm sorry, I hate to point fingers at players but my biggest problem player this playoffs is Kalinin....... HORRIBLE!!!!
        2008-2009 BZHL Champion!
        2008 Pro Football Pick 'em Champion!
        2008 Survival Football Co-Champion!
        2006-2007 3 Star Pick 'em Champion!

Comment

• SabreEleven
          • Aug 2002

Originally posted by MTBillsFan
          Right now, I agree with NO HEART...our backs are against the wall! Someone needs to come out in Game 4 and get a hat trick!
          That means that they need to get 3 shots on goal...I'm not sure if anyone is capabable of that.

Comment

• Ebenezer
            Give me a minute...
            • Jul 2002

it's good to see that there are a couple of guys on the boards who see what is going on.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
              • May 2003

I'm not going to bash the Sabres, although I'm as pissed as anyone. They've had a super season, and a great 2 year run. Sometimes, in the playoffs, you just run into a team that is playing better.

We are not soft or heartless. Ottawa is simply a better team than we are. We played our guts out and lost last night.

It's disappointing, but I don't think we have to crucify the Sabres for being outplayed by a superior team.
              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• shelby
                The Vanilla *****
                • Jul 2002

Ruff was quick to call out Miller the other day....i'd like to see Miller get pissed off and call out the rest of the team.

One man can't win a Stanley Cup.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                  Give me a minute...
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                  I'm not going to bash the Sabres, although I'm as pissed as anyone. They've had a super season, and a great 2 year run. Sometimes, in the playoffs, you just run into a team that is playing better.

We are not soft or heartless. Ottawa is simply a better team than we are. We played our guts out and lost last night.

It's disappointing, but I don't think we have to crucify the Sabres for being outplayed by a superior team.
                  watch it Jan...objectivity means nothing here...there are those who will roast you as a closet Ottawa fan...

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• SabreEleven
                    • Aug 2002

When Kahlinen gets the puck on the defensive half wall and starts slowly and lazily up the ice and a Senator can easily poke the puck away from him and get a scoring chance. Is that what you mean by playing our guts out?

oh wait, I know. We shoot the puck in on a PP and 1 Sabre and 2 Senators go to the puck and they shoot it down the ice that is what you mean by playing our guts out?

Jan and Eb are the ones half dulusional and making up excuses for the Sabres. Yes, the Senators are playing good but the Sabres refuse to compete.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                      • May 2003

Originally posted by SabreEleven
                      When Kahlinen gets the puck on the defensive half wall and starts slowly and lazily up the ice and a Senator can easily poke the puck away from him and get a scoring chance. Is that what you mean by playing our guts out?

oh wait, I know. We shoot the puck in on a PP and 1 Sabre and 2 Senators go to the puck and they shoot it down the ice that is what you mean by playing our guts out?

Jan and Eb are the ones half dulusional and making up excuses for the Sabres. Yes, the Senators are playing good but the Sabres refuse to compete.
                      I'm not making ANY excuses. There are reasons why we are losing, including being outscored 1-0 on our 18 power play attempts, turning the puck over too often, and Miller being pretty average until last night.

But the reason for most of our problems is that Ottawa is forcing us into mistakes, and really taking it to us. The Sabres are competing and competing hard, however. We have NOT given up. Ottawa won the season series against us, so why is it so difficult to see that that they are just a little better?
                      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                        • May 2003

And believe me, I'm pissed. But I've still got my Sabres flag flying, and I'll nave my Afinogenov game sweater on tomorrow, just like every game day. I'm disappointed, but I'm not giving up.

Comment

• don137
                          • Jul 2002

I am not doubting the Sens are playing better hockey right now then the Sabres however Buffalo can play with the Sens. They did it this year with a bunch of players from Rochester. Not sure how getting 15 shots on goal in 60 minutes with 6 power plays shows they played with passion. With 6 power plays a good team should be getting 10-15 shots yet that was the total for the game. Both teams are loaded with talent. Right now the difference is who wants it more and right now the Sens want it more and the Sens big name players are stepping up and the big names of the Sabres aren't.
                          I am still wearing my Sabres shirt and will wear it proudly but I disagree that they gave it their all in this series.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                            Give me a minute...
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                            I'm not making ANY excuses. There are reasons why we are losing, including being outscored 1-0 on our 18 power play attempts, turning the puck over too often, and Miller being pretty average until last night.

But the reason for most of our problems is that Ottawa is forcing us into mistakes, and really taking it to us. The Sabres are competing and competing hard, however. We have NOT given up. Ottawa won the season series against us, so why is it so difficult to see that that they are just a little better?
                            don't say I didn't warn ya...

I'm still saying I wouldn't be surprised if they came back and won the series but Ottawa is the reason they are down 3-0. One game is a fluke...three?? A seriously bad trend.

Comment

• Michael82
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by don137
                              I am not doubting the Sens are playing better hockey right now then the Sabres however Buffalo can play with the Sens. They did it this year with a bunch of players from Rochester. Not sure how getting 15 shots on goal in 60 minutes with 6 power plays shows they played with passion. With 6 power plays a good team should be getting 10-15 shots yet that was the total for the game. Both teams are loaded with talent. Right now the difference is who wants it more and right now the Sens want it more and the Sens big name players are stepping up and the big names of the Sabres aren't.
                              I am still wearing my Sabres shirt and will wear it proudly but I disagree that they gave it their all in this series.
                              Great post!

Comment

Working...
                              X