PDA

View Full Version : A positive spin...

Nighthawk
05-14-2007, 09:11 PM
Since there really is nothing to be positive about right now, I thought I'd inject something that would be cool. Just think what a story it would be if this team came back to win the next 4 games and knock the Sens out? I mean, the Sabres only seem to play at the end of games and technically, Wednesday's game is potentially the end of the playoffs for this team. Does this mean that somehow, some way, this team musters up some guts and gets something started? They have nothing left to lose...it's win or go home. Some teams need to be on that edge to get going and maybe that is what this team needs. Do I think it will happen, well, I don't know, but it sure would be one hell of a story!

G Wolly
05-14-2007, 09:14 PM
I think someone needs to show Buffalo that Ottawa video parody, tell Lindy to replace Kalinin and Kotalik with Paetsch and Stafford, and remind them that this may be the only chance Buffalo has in the playoffs for a few more years.

Mitchy moo
05-14-2007, 09:14 PM
I maybe the biggest homer in all of Billszone but the odds are more than long for that to happen in my mind. On the other hand, if we can beat Ottawa on wednesday and get our game 5 at home we might have ourselves a series. Ottawa is certainly feeling real good about themselves right now, choking would change their tune.

Dr. Lecter
05-14-2007, 09:15 PM
Ain't happening, but it would be sweet.

Twice in NHL history - 1975 Islanders and 1942 Maple Leafs.

YardRat
05-14-2007, 09:17 PM

If this were 2008, I'd say it was due to happen again.

Nighthawk
05-14-2007, 09:19 PM

I know, but it would make this extremely sweet and prove my a$$ wrong...which I'm all for.

G Wolly
05-14-2007, 09:20 PM
If this were 2008, I'd say it was due to happen again.

Maybe the pattern counts down from 33 years apart to 32 years ;)

Philagape
05-14-2007, 09:21 PM
In my homerism, I'm thinking about it this way, one game at a time:

1. Winning Game 4 restores some confidence and gives us another game at home. The Senators get cocky and make mistakes.

2. The fans are crazy in Game 5 and the Sabres get an emotional, clutch victory where Miller stands on his head. The Senators are shaken now.

3. With major pressure on the Sens, the confident Sabres go for broke and win a wild, high-scoring game.

4. With the chance to make history and go for the Cup, the Sabres play their best, most complete game of the year and win a great game.

That's what my heart says, but my head says the most we can do is get to Game 6. The Sens are too good to lose four in a row.

Nighthawk
05-14-2007, 09:23 PM
In my homerism, I'm thinking about it this way, one game at a time:

1. Winning Game 4 restores some confidence and gives us another game at home. The Senators get cocky and make mistakes.

2. The fans are crazy in Game 5 and the Sabres get an emotional, clutch victory where Miller stands on his head. The Senators are shaken now.

3. With major pressure on the Sens, the confident Sabres go for broke and win a wild, high-scoring game.

4. With the chance to make history and go for the Cup, the Sabres play their best, most complete game of the year and win a great game.

That's what my heart says, but my head says the most we can do is get to Game 6 .

Honestly, I think we win the next game and that home game becomes HUGE!

Nighthawk
05-16-2007, 09:28 PM
The first chapter is written...will there be another? Come on Buffalo!