PDA

View Full Version : Why can't fans give Ottawa credit and respect

Ebenezer
05-14-2007, 09:12 PM
This is what gets me about Buffalo fans...they always want to credit a Buffalo team with success and blame them for failure. For example, many Buffalo fans do it with Brady and his 3 SB rings.

Guys, give Ottawa some credit...they are a very good hockey team. Failure to give them credit and laying all the blame on the Sabres is basically the same as saying "it was a good thing that every team in the AFC sucked for four years so the Bills could go to 4 straight super bowls". If somebody from another city said that you would all blow a lid because they didn't give the Bills credit. Be objective. Yes, the Sabres haven't played well. Part of that may be due to the fact that they are out of gas - they played at full throttle all year long. But, much much more to the point is that Ottawa is that good.

TheGhostofJimKelly
05-14-2007, 09:22 PM
I give them full credit. They are shutting down a pretty good offensive team. They are outplaying, out hustling, out hitting, out coaching, etc. That is a really good team and right now they are head and shoulders better than the Sabres.

SabreEleven
05-14-2007, 09:27 PM
This is what gets me about Buffalo fans...they always want to credit a Buffalo team with success and blame them for failure. For example, many Buffalo fans do it with Brady and his 3 SB rings.

Guys, give Ottawa some credit...they are a very good hockey team. Failure to give them credit and laying all the blame on the Sabres is basically the same as saying "it was a good thing that every team in the AFC sucked for four years so the Bills could go to 4 straight super bowls". If somebody from another city said that you would all blow a lid because they didn't give the Bills credit. Be objective. Yes, the Sabres haven't played well. Part of that may be due to the fact that they are out of gas - they played at full throttle all year long. But, much much more to the point is that Ottawa is that good.

This is understatement...

How can they be out of gas when 1/3 of their lineup missed a month in February and March. I'm not buying that at all.

Michael82
05-14-2007, 09:29 PM
This is understatement...

How can they be out of gas when 1/3 of their lineup missed a month in February and March. I'm not buying that at all.
:hi5:

Philagape
05-14-2007, 09:30 PM
Ottawa is good, but the Sabres can be better than them. Watching this series has only convinced me more of that. Miller is keeping the Sabres in it, but they're not doing anything with that. With better decisions and more boldness, the series could easily be 2-1 Sabres right now. Easily.

Michael82
05-14-2007, 09:31 PM
Ottawa is good, but the Sabres can be better than them. Watching this series has only convinced me more of that. Miller is keeping the Sabres in it, but they're not doing anything with that. With better decisions and more boldness, the series could easily be 2-1 Sabres right now. Easily.
I totally agree! :bf1:

camelcowboy
05-14-2007, 09:34 PM
Bull****, Ottawa is playing their best possible hockey, Buffalo is no where close. I give ottawa all the credit in the world for showing up, but lets not forget the sabres have no excuses they are better then 14 shots. Praising Ottawa is fine but lets hold the sabres accountable, they played 1 good playoff game this series. The senators best is no where close to beating us, Buffalo has done everything to beat themselves.

chernobylwraiths
05-14-2007, 09:38 PM
Bull****, Ottawa is playing their best possible hockey, Buffalo is no where close. I give ottawa all the credit in the world for showing up, but lets not forget the sabres have no excuses they are better then 14 shots. Praising Ottawa is fine but lets hold the sabres accountable, they played 1 good playoff game this series. The senators best is no where close to beating us, Buffalo has done everything to beat themselves.

I think they played one good PERIOD this playoff series. The Senators have played fantastic but they have gotten a lot of help.

TheGhostofJimKelly
05-14-2007, 09:43 PM

No, you are riding blind faith here. Ottawa is good and they can sweep a team that maybe we gave a little to much credit.

SkateZilla
05-14-2007, 09:53 PM
ottawa was like what, 54-9 From Xmas Break to playoffs?

Seriously, this team is hitting their prime at the right time (forgive the pun), which is a good change for them in the past they play well all season and bomb in the playoffs, sound familiar?

chubluv
05-14-2007, 09:54 PM
We dont give Ottawa credit because we are Sabre fans.

Whats next will you want us to give the Dolphins credit if they ever beat the **** out of the Bills every year? Which by the way will not happen in a long time.

Philagape
05-14-2007, 10:01 PM
We dont give Ottawa credit because we are Sabre fans.

Whats next will you want us to give the Dolphins credit if they ever beat the **** out of the Bills every year? Which by the way will not happen in a long time.

I give lots of credit to the Patriots.

I don't intend to diss the Sens at all, but the story of this series is the Sabres' monumental letdown.

camelcowboy
05-14-2007, 10:34 PM
No, you are riding blind faith here. Ottawa is good and they can sweep a team that maybe we gave a little to much credit. I don't see it that way sabres choked. Ottawa has played near perfect sabres haven't shown up.

LtFinFan66
05-14-2007, 10:36 PM

Guys, give Ottawa some credit...they are a very good hockey team. Failure to give them credit and laying all the blame on the Sabres is basically the same as saying "it was a good thing that every team in the AFC sucked for four years so the Bills could go to 4 straight super bowls". If somebody from another city said that you would all blow a lid because they didn't give the Bills credit. Be objective. Yes, the Sabres haven't played well. Part of that may be due to the fact that they are out of gas - they played at full throttle all year long. But, much much more to the point is that Ottawa is that good.:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Ebenezer
05-14-2007, 11:52 PM
listen to you guys...you proved my point...some of you are acting as if the Sens are on autopilot and going through the motions and the Sabres just decided to throw their sticks on the ice and show up for a ring...

mchurchfie
05-15-2007, 12:37 AM
Right now, we are caught up in the emotions and disappointment of what is happening to the Sabres. I'm sure in time alot of us will be giving credit to the Sens, but right now I ****ing hate their guts. They are the enemy and are standing between us and The Cup. I have my gameface on right now, we can save the righteous bull**** for later after and if we get eliminated.

Ebenezer
05-15-2007, 12:45 AM
Right now, we are caught up in the emotions and disappointment of what is happening to the Sabres. I'm sure in time alot of us will be giving credit to the Sens, but right now I ****ing hate their guts. They are the enemy and are standing between us and The Cup. I have my gameface on right now, we can save the righteous bull**** for later after and if we get eliminated.
gameface? when since do any of us line up and play? no offense, but I think some of the fans, writers and broadcasters could use a little bit of humility through all this, too. There isn't thing one that any of us do, party we attend, playoff beard we grow that helps this team win - or should help this team win. They are professional atheletes making hundreds of thousands or millions of dollars. They play. We get to enjoy the ride. As much as we get behind the team, live and die by every goal or blown opportunity, in the end we should be objective and acknowledge (as you said folks eventually will) that the Sens have been the better team and done what has been necessary, either through strategy or sweat, to win.

mchurchfie
05-15-2007, 01:16 AM
gameface? when since do any of us line up and play? no offense, but I think some of the fans, writers and broadcasters could use a little bit of humility through all this, too.
I didn't think I had made the roster anytime soon Eb.:rolleyes: I meant FAN gameface, okay?

There isn't thing one that any of us do, party we attend, playoff beard we grow that helps this team win - or should help this team win.
Bull****! Please don't tell me that 18000 screaming fans don't make a difference.

We get to enjoy the ride.
Good then, let us enjoy it in our own way. I'm sure most of us have enough intellect to be just as objective about it but we only have possibly one more game to ride the emotional wave with this team and then we'll have a WHOLE offseason to get all REAL about everything. Until then if I want to act like a TRUE fan and be partial towards my team then I'm going to. Maybe we can find you a good deal on a Heatley jersey.;)

Ebenezer
05-15-2007, 01:23 AM
Maybe we can find you a good deal on a Heatley jersey.;)

you know that is not what I meant...excuse the objectivity. :rolleyes:

clumping platelets
05-15-2007, 01:44 AM
:movie:

SabreEleven
05-15-2007, 03:20 AM
When the Sabres stop half assing it, I'll give the Sens credit.

tat2dmike77
05-15-2007, 03:22 AM
So when USC and LSU beat the crap out of ND were you immediatlly going oh well they played better then ND good for them. So what if fans want to blame buffalo they have every right to. Yes ottawa has played well against the sabres. But lets not forget the fact that had the puck bounced a few ways in thier favor this could easily be a 2-1 series buffalo. Instead it's not and thats the way it goes.

Ebenezer
05-15-2007, 03:38 AM
So when USC and LSU beat the crap out of ND were you immediatlly going oh well they played better then ND good for them.

yes. I am objective enough and secure enough to admit when one team plays better than another...

mchurchfie
05-15-2007, 04:49 AM
You sound like a closet Ottawa fan.

shelby
05-15-2007, 05:02 AM
Ebby loves to rile people up.:cynic:

chernobylwraiths
05-15-2007, 06:15 AM
you know that is not what I meant...excuse the objectivity. :rolleyes:

You are not being objective, you are closer to being an apologist or worse, a woe is me Buffalo fan. The Senators are playing really good, but there isn't a Buffalo fan here that thinks even at their best, the Senators could beat the Sabres at THEIR best. The only reason when a bunch of "experts" picked the Senators in this series is because the Sabres have been playing poorly in the playoffs and not like they were in the regular season.

So, excuse me if I don't break my legs getting up to cheer for how good the Senators are playing. I am too physically drained emotionally from seeing how poorly the Sabres are playing. We ARE after all Sabres fans around here. We will tend too look at our mistakes rather than the positives of the other team.

Ebenezer
05-15-2007, 06:54 AM
You are not being objective, you are closer to being an apologist or worse, a woe is me Buffalo fan. The Senators are playing really good, but there isn't a Buffalo fan here that thinks even at their best, the Senators could beat the Sabres at THEIR best. The only reason when a bunch of "experts" picked the Senators in this series is because the Sabres have been playing poorly in the playoffs and not like they were in the regular season.

So, excuse me if I don't break my legs getting up to cheer for how good the Senators are playing. I am too physically drained emotionally from seeing how poorly the Sabres are playing. We ARE after all Sabres fans around here. We will tend too look at our mistakes rather than the positives of the other team.
wanna check the records against the Sens the last couple of years?? I still wonder what would have happened last year if we had to play Hasek instead of Emery...and check the Sens record since Dec. 15 while your at it too.

Michael82
05-15-2007, 08:27 AM
When the Sabres stop half assing it, I'll give the Sens credit.
Thank you! That is exactly my point! And what many of us are saying! :bf1:

Michael82
05-15-2007, 08:28 AM

Great post, man! :bf1:

chernobylwraiths
05-15-2007, 11:09 AM
wanna check the records against the Sens the last couple of years?? I still wonder what would have happened last year if we had to play Hasek instead of Emery...and check the Sens record since Dec. 15 while your at it too.

How about check our record against them for the last three games? Should we use McArthur, Kaletta, and Ryan for this series?

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
05-15-2007, 11:21 AM
I admit that Ottawa is a good team. I just don't think they deserve much credit for coming to play for the Eastern Conference Finals. I think most teams would.
The Sabres just did not come to play, and you can't credit Ottawa for that.

Michael82
05-15-2007, 12:18 PM
I admit that Ottawa is a good team. I just don't think they deserve much credit for coming to play for the Eastern Conference Finals. I think most teams would.
The Sabres just did not come to play, and you can't credit Ottawa for that.
Exactly!

mchurchfie
05-15-2007, 01:42 PM
Buffalo at 100% against Ottawa at 100%, Buffalo wins hands down. They have been operating at about 60-70% and Ottawa is still ONLY beating them by a goal in extremely tight games.

camelcowboy
05-15-2007, 02:00 PM
you know that is not what I meant...excuse the objectivity. :rolleyes: Sports and objectivity should not be used in the same sentence when refering to fans. Please, if you want objectivity be a commentator at least they pretent not to have a bias. Im not going to shower ottawa with praise when the sabres muster 15 shots in a do or dye game. Wow ottawa can kill penalties, score on the power play, throw a check, pass the puck and retrive a dumped in puck. These are all hockey basics that the sabres are capable of doing which they are not. 5-5 i still think the sabres have been the better teams "except yesterday ever part of their game sucked. " Don't tell me ottawa is doing everything right, it took a wierd bounce off a back board to score a total of 1 goal against us last night. It took a knuckle puck to beat us in double over time. Bottom line the sabres are not playing well and ottawa is playing a team game to cover up for their weakness at goaltender. Ill say this to my final breath Emery is garbage, and the sabres are not going to beat them if they can get shots on the net. 15 shots in a NHL games is unacceptable. 0-16 or what ever is even worse. Sabres shot thirty pucks a game at emery tomorrow and score and go 1-7 on the power play they will win. Emery despite limited work has been shaky. A monumental effort by the sens to play defense but there are things the sabres can do. They can beat this team, to bad they are waiting way to long to show up.

tat2dmike77
05-15-2007, 02:49 PM
So EB when are you going to change that sabres logo to a sens one?