X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Yasgur's Farm
    • Feb 2005

CONSPIRACY THEORY BUSTED.

From Dan Galvin's article in the May 21st addition of ESPN The Magazine...

Originally posted by Fairchild
    Last year the coaches were new, and we didn’t believe JP was the guy to lead the team.
    Given this quote... coupled with the fact that Coach Jouron was compelled to proclaim JP the 2007 starter... Leaves no room for any conspiracy theory concerning Trent Edwards or any other QB.
  • mybills
    81 st zoner
    • Jul 2002

Re: CONSPIRACY THEORY BUSTED.

How 'bout the 07?
    I haven't been around this forum in a few days..are there still people questioning JP as the starter?
    I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Goobylal
      • Jan 2004

The only "conspiracy" busted is that JP wasn't handed the job last year. And while he's been named the starter for this year, he'll have to show improvement, otherwise there will be no pre-season declaration that JP is the starter.

BTW I'm a huge JP fan and think he's the guy, but the best man should win.

Comment

• mybills
        81 st zoner
        • Jul 2002

Thanks for fixing that 08, Draz.
        I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• mybills
          81 st zoner
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Goobylal

BTW I'm a huge JP fan and think he's the guy, but the best man should win.
          I hereby declare him the BEST, man!

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Goobylal
            ...there will be no pre-season declaration that JP is the starter.
            You're right... Because Coach Jouron has already declared him the starter post season 2006.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
              • Mar 2005

Let me make this easy. JP is the starter until Trent Edwards has an ubelivable camp and pre-season. If JP strings together some bad games we'll see Edwards on the field this year.

This isn't necessarily what I think will happen as much as this is the reality that always exists. To say JP's job is secure in 2007 has nothing to do with the coaches or us as fans. It's really up to JP.

Comment

• Romes
                • Jul 2002

Some of you guys are arguing with thin air. I don't recall anyone saying Edwards would start this year. If they did they shouldn't be taken seriously.
                Originally posted by paladin warrior
                RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                  Sab and TD are insignificant
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                  Let me make this easy. JP is the starter until Trent Edwards has an ubelivable camp and pre-season. If JP strings together some bad games we'll see Edwards on the field this year.

This isn't necessarily what I think will happen as much as this is the reality that always exists. To say JP's job is secure in 2007 has nothing to do with the coaches or us as fans. It's really up to JP.
                  The bold and underlined section of your post is a good point, and it truely does apply to ever team's QB in the league - Peyton Manning and Marcia Brady included, however, I sincerely doubt that he's gonna take any steps back - this offense IMO is the most complete it's been in a very long time, granted, we don't have our James Lofton or our Don Beebe to compliment our new Reed (Evans - not Josh), but we do have enough to be balanced now at both running and passing.
                  www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• YoungMoney
                    ~ Greatest Rapper Alive ~
                    • May 2007

If Jp can learn to check the ball down more he is golden!

Comment

• Philagape
                      WIN NOW
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by YoungMoney
                      If Jp can learn to check the ball down more he is golden!
                      Four passes in a row to Thomas on the winning drive against Houston
                      "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                      2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                        My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by HHURRICANE

Wait a minute. I'm not trying to be a jerk about it or anything...just an observation.

You have a thread exclaiming that a controversy is inevitable and this admitting that it is a possibility.

Inevitability or possibility.....which is it?

Comment

• Goobylal
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by draz54
                          You're right... Because Coach Jouron has already declared him the starter post season 2006.
                          That's what I meant, i.e. being announced the starter prior to the 2008 season.

Comment

• YoungMoney
                            ~ Greatest Rapper Alive ~
                            • May 2007

Originally posted by Philagape
                            Four passes in a row to Thomas on the winning drive against Houston
                            Yeah and look what that did, he had Evans for a wide open 10-15 yard gain because they had to defend deep and short. I'm not saying he physically can't but he needs to look for it more.

Comment

• Bling
                              • Jul 2004

draz what is with you and putting words in people's mouths? Show me 2 people that think Losman will be starting week 1. It's Losman's job to lose, but Edwards was too much value to pass up plus the fact that Losman isn't a 100% starter in this league. Get over it.

Comment

Working...
                              X