PDA

View Full Version : Well, one thing about this series...

Earthquake Enyart
05-15-2007, 07:49 AM
I won't be quite as broken hearted watching all the free agents go this summer.

TheGhostofJimKelly
05-15-2007, 08:03 AM
Ouch.

Michael82
05-15-2007, 08:34 AM
I won't be quite as broken hearted watching all the free agents go this summer.
Good point! I am now willing to let Briere walk and maybe even Drury, depending on what he wants money wise. I also want to see the defense get totally rebuilt. Hell, I'd trade or get rid of Spacek right now! :ill:

YoungMoney
05-15-2007, 08:42 AM
Numminen, Spacek, Kalinin, and Briere need to go! Make Stafford a full time starter and re-sign Drury.

Dr. Lecter
05-15-2007, 08:44 AM
Getting rid of 3 D-man will be tough with no replacements available in Rochester.

Dr. Lecter
05-15-2007, 08:45 AM
Good point! I am now willing to let Briere walk and maybe even Drury, depending on what he wants money wise. I also want to see the defense get totally rebuilt. Hell, I'd trade or get rid of Spacek right now! :ill:

Why totally rebuild this team??????

People are acting like they missed the damn playoffs and the season was a total disaster. Unless you have better replacements in mind, lets wait before we throw the entire team out.

Dozerdog
05-15-2007, 08:46 AM
Cheese eating surrender monkey panic time

Instead of adding a vet with some backbone (An Avery or Shannahan type) let's burn the whole thing down.

What a bunch of ******s

Dr. Lecter
05-15-2007, 08:48 AM

Instead of adding a vet with some backbone (An Avery or Shannahan type) let's burn the whole thing down.

What a bunch of ******s

Throw the baby out with the bathwater theory!

The team needs tweaking, not a total rebuild.

Michael82
05-15-2007, 08:52 AM
Why totally rebuild this team??????

People are acting like they missed the damn playoffs and the season was a total disaster. Unless you have better replacements in mind, lets wait before we throw the entire team out.
Okay, maybe not Drury. But I've been very disappointed in him lately. Where did "captain clutch" go? :scratch:

I would get rid of Briere, Kotalik, Kalinin, Numminen, and maybe Spacek. I'm sure you can find a couple good defensemen in free agency. And Briere will cost too much. Kotalik is replaceable from the set of Rochester guys.

RockStar36
05-15-2007, 09:04 AM
Okay, maybe not Drury. But I've been very disappointed in him lately. Where did "captain clutch" go? :scratch:

I would get rid of Briere, Kotalik, Kalinin, Numminen, and maybe Spacek. I'm sure you can find a couple good defensemen in free agency. And Briere will cost too much. Kotalik is replaceable from the set of Rochester guys.

Drury needs to be re-signed. There is no question about that.

I'm not sure on all the d-men either.

don137
05-15-2007, 09:31 AM
I think Briere is gone. I would love for them to trade Roy, Kotalik and Spacek. I still don't mind Khalinin as much as the rest and he is on the fence with me. Roy and Kotalik are average finesse players that may be good on someone's third line. Kotalik has value with shoot outs.
I think they need a veteran leader towards the end of his career that shows a lot of heart. A Gary Roberts type of player.
I think they are still close but they need more veteran leadership and someone that is not afraid to go into the corners and stand in front on the net.
I would resign Drury at almost all costs. Too valuable to let go.

Earthquake Enyart
05-15-2007, 09:38 AM

What a bunch of ******s
Is Briere a $5 mil player?

Is Drury?

Someone will make Vanek an insane offer that we could match. Is he worth $5 mil?

Is Timmy worth $3.5?

Is Nummennen done?

Is Mair a $2 or $3 mil player?

Meathead
05-15-2007, 09:41 AM
the defense defenlly needs an overhaul

the only reason i think briere should go is because he will suck up too much salary when it needs to be invested in a couple new and high quality defensemen. hes a great finesse player but was just about worthless against the sens when he had to play a lot bigger (nice goal to take it to ot but not much else)

id also add another playoff savvy forward like maybe smyth

RockStar36
05-15-2007, 09:41 AM

Is Drury?

Someone will make Vanek an insane offer that we could match. Is he worth $5 mil?

Is Timmy worth $3.5?

Is Nummennen done?

I know about Drury, Briere, and Vanek but are the others UFA's?

Dr. Lecter
05-15-2007, 09:43 AM
Mair is an UFA. Timmy and Vanek are RFA's.

THATHURMANATOR

Is Drury?

Is Timmy worth $3.5?

Is Nummennen done?

Is Briere a $5 mil player? - No

Is Drury? - Yes

Someone will make Vanek an insane offer that we could match. Is he worth $5 mil? - Yes

Is Timmy worth $3.5? - Possibly

Is Nummennen done? - Yes and a UFA so goodbye

Is Mair a $2 or $3 mil player? - NO WAY [/

THATHURMANATOR
Mair is an UFA. Timmy and Vanek are RFA's.
Connolly signed a multiyear deal last offseason. He is not a FA at all....

Dr. Lecter
05-15-2007, 09:44 AM
Cool.

RockStar36
05-15-2007, 09:46 AM
That's what I thought. I'm fine with Teppo leaving because Paetsch can play full time next season. Connolly should be back next year and have a good year while playing a full season. Drury and Vanek should be re-signed. They could try at Briere but I could care less. If he wants to go hang out in Philly then more power to him.

SkateZilla
05-15-2007, 10:38 AM
I want Drury an Zubes to stay,......

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
05-15-2007, 11:29 AM
Three you have to part ways with---Briere, Roy, Kalinen.
Three you have to re-sign--Drury, Zubrus, and Vanek.

Michael82
05-15-2007, 12:24 PM
I want Drury an Zubes to stay,......
Me too.

Dozerdog
05-15-2007, 12:39 PM
I say keep Briere, Drury, Zubris-

Vanek is an RFA- so he's not going anywhere

Deal Kalinin and Kotalik - Maybe Max , Hecht for the cap space
Connolly is one hit away from another $3.5 million wasted-

Let Teppo retire

Back fill the losses with Stafford, Paesch, Card, Funk, Ryan, MacAurther

Sit back and watch everyone ***** about how the sabres stink.

Earthquake Enyart
05-15-2007, 12:47 PM
I guess my point is that you know when Mats Sundin is on the ice. You know when Shanahan or Jagr are on the ice. Hell, you know when Alfredsen and Heatley are on the ice.

Our guys have disappeared for long stretches, Drury included.

I threw Timmy in there before because I can't believe he's gonna make $3.5 mil next year. Someone could put us in an awful box with Vanek by tendering him an insane contract.

Wouldn't we be better off by letting Drury and Briere walk and sign Sundin?

Dr. Lecter
05-15-2007, 12:51 PM
The chances of Mats leaving Toronto are about the same as the Sabres winning this series.

Dozerdog
05-15-2007, 12:55 PM
I guess my point is that you know when Mats Sundin is on the ice. You know when Shanahan or Jagr are on the ice. Hell, you know when Alfredsen and Heatley are on the ice.

Our guys have disappeared for long stretches, Drury included.

I threw Timmy in there before because I can't believe he's gonna make $3.5 mil next year. Someone could put us in an awful box with Vanek by tendering him an insane contract.

Estimates on how much it will cost to keep or lose guys

Briere- 5 million now, another 1-1.5 Mill to keep
Drury- 3.5 Million now- another 3 Million ot keep
Zubris- 1.5 Million now- another 2-2.5 million to keep
Vanek- He will get something like a $5 million per year deal

Hecht- Makes 3 Million
Connolley- 3.5 million
Kalinin & Kotalik- 5 million combined
Max- 3.5 million
Teppo- 2.5 million

Keep the four on top, lose the 6 on the bottom- we end up with a surplus of 3-4 million and a bunch of potential decent draft picks & / or a player or two.

Centers are a lot harder to get than pricey wingers. A lousy center makes both wingers hurt.

If guys take home town discounts to stay on a compeditive young team that might stay together a while- ya might even be able to keep Connolley

Earthquake Enyart
05-15-2007, 01:56 PM
Briere, Zubrus, and Drury all go.... opens up 10 mil now.
Resign Vanek at a cost of 3 or 4 mil more than he gets now.

Take the $6 mil and throw it at Mats Sundin.

Dump Timmy and pick up a defenseman. There. I'm done.

BuffaloRanger
05-15-2007, 03:20 PM
Why the love for Sundin?

How about Blake or Smythe?

Even better, trade with Chicago or Philly and pick that stud from Buffalo in the draft

Earthquake Enyart
05-15-2007, 03:21 PM
Why the love for Sundin?

How about Blake or Smythe?

Even better, trade with Chicago or Philly and pick that stud from Buffalo in the draft
That's the type of player I'm talking about.

We don't need another kid. We need a go to guy.

THATHURMANATOR
05-15-2007, 03:40 PM
Briere, Zubrus, and Drury all go.... opens up 10 mil now.
Resign Vanek at a cost of 3 or 4 mil more than he gets now.

Take the $6 mil and throw it at Mats Sundin.

Dump Timmy and pick up a defenseman. There. I'm done.
Sundin is old as balls man... F that.

OpIv37
05-15-2007, 03:43 PM
Sundin is old as balls man... F that.

and he's a punk *****- F him.

SabreEleven
05-15-2007, 03:55 PM
Ryan Smyth is going to cost about $7 mil a year...plus he'll give Edmonton a home town discount is they want him. He is too much for us.

Earthquake Enyart
05-15-2007, 03:58 PM
Ryan Smyth is going to cost about $7 mil a year...plus he'll give Edmonton a home town discount is they want him. He is too much for us.
Not if we let both Briere and Drury walk.

Dr. Lecter
05-15-2007, 04:53 PM
Briere and Drury for Smyth??

I'll pass on that trade.

LABillsFan
05-16-2007, 12:54 AM
Here's a link to Free agents.

http://proicehockey.about.com/od/nhlfreeagents/a/07nhlfreeagents.htm

LABillsFan
05-16-2007, 12:58 AM
We need stand up gritty Dmen. Especially if some of the offensive stars leave or are unsigned. I doubt Lindy will change the system with all the players in Rochester playing it, but I think he has to know they need some toughness and smart play in their own zone. They are too flooded with offensive minded players.

Michael82
05-16-2007, 10:15 AM
I say keep Briere, Drury, Zubris-

Vanek is an RFA- so he's not going anywhere

Deal Kalinin and Kotalik - Maybe Max , Hecht for the cap space
Connolly is one hit away from another $3.5 million wasted-

Let Teppo retire

Back fill the losses with Stafford, Paesch, Card, Funk, Ryan, MacAurther

Sit back and watch everyone ***** about how the sabres stink.
Card? :rofl: He couldn't cut it for the Amerks. He's not anywhere close to being ready. Funk was okay, but not ready yet either. :ill:

Dozerdog
05-16-2007, 10:37 AM

Please tell me you are serious- What has Mats Sundin ever done? Toronto misses the playoffs all the time and Sundin is not the Mr Clutch kind of guy that brings his team to the promised land.

If you want to piss your cap space away on old washed up Nordiques- make a trade for Joe Sakic.

Geesh- one year ago you would be slapping a "Scooby" tag on people who made these kinds of posts. Knee Jerk!

Dozerdog
05-16-2007, 10:38 AM
Card? :rofl: He couldn't cut it for the Amerks. He's not anywhere close to being ready. Funk was okay, but not ready yet either. :ill:Insert whatever D-man is the top liner in Rochester.

Dozerdog
05-16-2007, 10:39 AM
Ryan Smyth is going to cost about $7 mil a year...plus he'll give Edmonton a home town discount is they want him. He is too much for us.Ryan Smyth is overrated.

Earthquake Enyart
05-16-2007, 10:46 AM
Please tell me you are serious- What has Mats Sundin ever done? Toronto misses the playoffs all the time and Sundin is not the Mr Clutch kind of guy that brings his team to the promised land.

If you want to piss your cap space away on old washed up Nordiques- make a trade for Joe Sakic.

Geesh- one year ago you would be slapping a "Scooby" tag on people who made these kinds of posts. Knee Jerk!
I am really disgusted with the first 3 games.

I think you should be able to tell when $5 mil players are on the ice. I was just using examples to make my point. Sure there are problems with some of the individuals I mentioned, but what I'm really saying is I'd have a hard time ponying up +$10 for the Drury / Briere combo.