• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • raphael120
    Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
    • Oct 2005

Bills Host FA DT Sam Rayburn Today

Ok...so...how many DT's do we really NEED?

How do you explain the confidence in McCargo and Williams, hell, confidence in ANY of our DT's at this point.

K, Marv defenders....wtf?

The Eagles trimmed their roster by one on Friday, releasing defensive tackle Sam Rayburn, who made the team as a rookie free agent in 2003. The off-season additions of veteran defensive linemen Montae Reagor and Ian Scott paved the way for the move.

The 6-foot-3, 303-pound Rayburn had bits and pieces of good playing time in a reserve role during his four seasons in Philadelphia and appeared to be a significant part of the Eagles' tackle picture. He collected a pair of sacks in limited action in his rookie year. He followed that up with an impressive 2004 campaign which included career highs of 46 tackles and six sacks, and a long-term contract extension.
    However, his production tailed off the last two years in part to some nagging injuries. In 2005, he recorded 35 tackles and one sack. In 2006, he failed to record a sack.
    Last season Rayburn spent the first five games on the inactive list, giving way to rookie LaJuan Ramsey who served as the fourth tackle on gamedays. Rayburn's first action came against New Orleans in the sixth game of the season. From that point on he chipped in a tackle or two a game and four tackles in extended playing time in the regular season finale against Atlanta. All told, he finished the year with 13 tackles. The release of Rayburn thins out what had become a crowded defensive tackle position. Entering the weekend mini-camp the group features former first-round picks Mike Patterson and Brodrick Bunkley as well as Reagor, Ramsey and Scott. There's also Jeremy Clark, a rookie free agent out of Alabama.
  • streetkings01
    • Jul 2006

Re: Bills Host FA DT Sam Rayburn Today

Competition???? Why did the Pats bring in so many WR's???
    You can call me streetkings

Comment

• raphael120
      Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
      • Oct 2005

Well I think I can speak for a lot of people on here when i say, I think we're set at washed up, unproductive DT's.

Comment

• gil
        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by raphael120
        Well I think I can speak for a lot of people on here when i say, I think we're set at washed up, unproductive DT's.
        don't forget the underachievers.

Comment

• patmoran2006
          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
          • Dec 2005

Pending on how McCargo plays this year.

Next season the team's #1 priority has to be a dominant DT. If you're going to run an effective cover two you can't have generic players playing the spot.

We need to sign or draft the next Warren Sapp or Tommie Harris. That would make the entire front seven better.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• User Manuel
            The Artist formerly Known as Lawesome97
            • Nov 2003

Its also leverage and insurance against Darwin Walker......

If he holds out, so be it, he was effectively a throw in anyway. We were giving them Spikes either way. I wouldn't be shocked if we ended up trading him again for a LB or CB during training camp.

Comment

• streetkings01
              • Jul 2006

Originally posted by patmoran2006

Next season the team's #1 priority has to be a dominant DT. If you're going to run an effective cover two you can't have generic players playing the spot.

We need to sign or draft the next Warren Sapp or Tommie Harris. That would make the entire front seven better.
              I think the Bucs have been trying to draft the next Sapp for the past few seasons....in other words, it's easier said then done!
              You can call me streetkings

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                • Jul 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006

Yeah, next year will be the year of DT and WR/TE. Though CB might be an option as well depending on how Youboty does.
                Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
                  Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
                  • Mar 2003

So why didn't we just keep Spikes AND sign this guy? Whether not he wanted to be traded or not, Spikes would have made our team better in terms of leadership and talent. We're about to sign two Eagle DT outcasts who couldn't stick to a team as bad as we were at stopping the run. Walker better get his ass to camp and be as good as advertised.

Sorry to be a downer.
                  "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
                  -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• bflojohn
                    • Aug 2005

The DT in next years draft is LSU senior Glenn Dorsey. He is the real deal. According to the Arizona Republic, Eric Swann, DT, wants to stage a comeback! He left the NFL with creaky knees, I guess they must feel better after 6 years! What's with the glut of former Cardinals 1st round picks making a comeback? Andre Wadsworth signed with the Jets, so I guess that opened the flood gates....

Comment

Working...
                    X