To all those that think Buffalo "did not come to play"...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

To all those that think Buffalo "did not come to play"...

or have no heart...or are dogging it...or whatever lame excuse you have rather than Ottawa is the better team...

since they lack heart, are on cruise control, etc....

If the Sabres are as you say then should they break up the Sabres at the end of the year?

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.
  • Typ0
    honey pie
    • Jul 2002

Re: To all those that think Buffalo "did not come to play"...

something is wrong with the team. Ottowa is playing at the top of their game as they should be in a conference championship series. We are not playing at the top of our game so we are getting creamed. Whatever the problem is with the team it needs to be corrected.

Comment

• Michael82
      • Jul 2002

yup, time to get some tough, gritty guys in here

Comment

• don137
        • Jul 2002

Tweak is a better word than break up...They are not that far away. They need at least another veteran leader who will go into the corners. A defenseman who will sacrifice the body. I think Kotalik is a poor man's version of Satan. Roy makes to many mistakes, sucks at faceoffs and can not capitalize enough when given the opportunity. These guys are too soft and lose too much in the corners.

Comment

• DaBillzAhDaShiznit
          • May 2004

The team is obviously lacking something. It may be no more than a player or two.
          No, I don't tear the team apart.....but I don't keep some of the guys like Roy, Briere, Afinaginov, etc (read Whiners, Crybabies). Give me a Gary Roberts or someone similar. That's what this team needs.
          "Show me a good loser and I will show you an idiot"
          --Leo Durocher

Comment

• SabreEleven
            • Aug 2002

Senators are better because the Sabres are dogging it. We need two toughmen on defense. We have a pretty boy defense who won't take or give a hit.

Comment

• camelcowboy
              • Mar 2005

Keep Drury or Briere, Sign Zubrus, and a free agent like Scott Hartnell or Ryan Smyth both have a good combo of grit and skill slightly dirty. Cut ties with Kotalik and Kalinian and Spacek keep the rest of the team as is a nasty defensemen would be nice or two that like to check and block shots. Good Bye Mair, Kotalik, Spacek, Kalinan, Tempo. I'll have a better sense of who's hitting the market on defense when im home.

Hartnell Drury/Briere Zubrus
              Hecht Connolly Pomerville
              Vanek Roy Maxium
              Paille/kaleta Goose Stafford

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                or have no heart...or are dogging it...or whatever lame excuse you have rather than Ottawa is the better team...

since they lack heart, are on cruise control, etc....

If the Sabres are as you say then should they break up the Sabres at the end of the year?
                Ottawa is good and I don't want to take away from what they are doing, but there is NO WAY that they are this much better than the Sabres. We watched this team for 84 games plus the first two playoff series- what we saw then is NOT what we're seeing now.

Could Ottawa beat Buffalo if Buffalo was peaking and playing like they did in the regular season? Maybe- Ottawa is on fire right now. But the Sabres team on the ice in this series is NOT the Sabres team that we know.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• SabreEleven
                  • Aug 2002

Originally posted by camelcowboy
                  Keep Drury or Briere, Sign Zubrus, and a free agent like Scott Hartnell or Ryan Smyth both have a good combo of grit and skill slightly dirty. Cut ties with Kotalik and Kalinian and Spacek keep the rest of the team as is a nasty defensemen would be nice or two that like to check and block shots. Good Bye Mair, Kotalik, Spacek, Kalinan, Tempo. I'll have a better sense of who's hitting the market on defense when im home.

Hartnell Drury/Briere Zubrus
                  Hecht Connolly Pomerville
                  Vanek Roy Maxium
                  Paille/kaleta Goose Stafford
                  Ryan Smyth is WAY too expensive for us....

Comment

• JD
                    Sabres Zone
                    • Sep 2003

What about Souray to help our PP?

Also, I dont mind Mair..we should keep him.

Drop Spacek, Kalinin, Roy, Briere and Kotalik.

Get some new coaching staff in here to help with special teams.. work the roch cha cha boys hardcore this summer to prepare them for next season.

Make good draft choices.

Max-Connolly-Vanek would be a nasty line next year IMO.

Definitely sign Drury and Zubrus. Let Numminen go, he needs to retire.

BRING IN FRESH YOUNG GUYS LIKE WE HAD LAST YEAR WHO ARE TOO YOUNG TO PLAY FOR THE MONEY YET. We need guys that feel they have something to prove to the NHL, not overcocky-heartless-lazy-soft pussies that fill our lineup right now.
                    “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                      Give me a minute...
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                      Ottawa is good and I don't want to take away from what they are doing, but there is NO WAY that they are this much better than the Sabres. We watched this team for 84 games plus the first two playoff series- what we saw then is NOT what we're seeing now.

Could Ottawa beat Buffalo if Buffalo was peaking and playing like they did in the regular season? Maybe- Ottawa is on fire right now. But the Sabres team on the ice in this series is NOT the Sabres team that we know.
                      so they just turned it off???

that is what I don't understand about all the Sabre bashing..."not showing up", "dogging it", "no heart"....that makes it sound like they just decided not to play - not exactly professional is it? if they decided not to play then shouldn't they all be fired - it's not like it is one or two players who "didn't show" - if that were the case I could handle half the arguments on this board...but all of a sudden it looks like 12-15 guys forgot how to play - that is what leads me to think that Ottawa is just the better team and playing that way - not that Sabres are lying down, not showing up or whatever dis fans want to place on them.

Think about what you the posters here are saying...for 82 games the Sabres were a buzz saw who won the prez's trophy and then all of a sudden the playoffs come and they (fill in the blank with whatever whine you want I am not going to list them all)? I don't buy that. Other teams have stepped up while the Sabres were playing at 100% all year...Ottawa's 100% is better than our 100%...they have shown it over the last couple of years....and don't give me winning one game with Kaleta and a bunch of scrubs from Rochester....do you really think the 1980 US team would have beaten the USSR 4 of 7 times - even Herb Brooks didn't.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                        Give me a minute...
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by JD SabreFan
                        BRING IN FRESH YOUNG GUYS LIKE WE HAD LAST YEAR WHO ARE TOO YOUNG TO PLAY FOR THE MONEY YET. We need guys that feel they have something to prove to the NHL, not overcocky-heartless-lazy-soft pussies that fill our lineup right now.
                        the rosters for Detroit, Ottawa and Aneheim are full of players making a lot of money...

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                          Zero for Zero!
                          • Mar 2003

We don't need more inexperience on this roster, that is for sure. Younger is not always better.
                          Originally posted by mysticsoto
                          Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                            • May 2003

I will look into this more if the Sabres lose tomorrow.

But, I am now interested to see what Briere and Drury do now. I wonder if they will sign here for less or equal their market value for "unfinished business". Other than that I can see the team losing Teppo to retirement. They might trade Kotalik and Kalinen. I think they can afford to lose a couple of forwards since I think players like Stafford and Paille are ready. Then you have players like Clarke McArthur and Michael Ryan that could be ready. Nathan Paetch showed me enough this season that he is ready to step up.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                              Give me a minute...
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
                              I will look into this more if the Sabres lose tomorrow.

But, I am now interested to see what Briere and Drury do now. I wonder if they will sign here for less or equal their market value for "unfinished business". Other than that I can see the team losing Teppo to retirement. They might trade Kotalik and Kalinen. I think they can afford to lose a couple of forwards since I think players like Stafford and Paille are ready. Then you have players like Clarke McArthur and Michael Ryan that could be ready. Nathan Paetch showed me enough this season that he is ready to step up.
                              Drury and Briere will ask for and get at least $6mil a year.
                              Kotalik and Kallinen - no loss.
                              McArthur - might be ready.
                              Ryan? no.

so you are talking replacing about 7 players and losing almost all of the veteran leadership...you think a team like that would be ready to make a run for the cup next year?

Comment

Working...
                              X