PDA

View Full Version : Bills Rookies Tour Buffalo

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
05-15-2007, 05:26 PM
The Buffalo Bills rookies, in town for mini-camp, were taken on a tour of the city today. And most agreed, there is more to the city than its snowy reputation.

The Bills rookies boarded a bus at One Bills Drive this morning, and set out for downtown Buffalo. The Leadership Buffalo organization led the tour of the city. Local architect Paul McDonnell talked to the new recruits about Buffalo's rich history and it's promising future.

The team checked out the waterfront, City Hall, and made a stop at New Era Cap Company where each rookie was treated to a hat. "I'm going to go with the Buffalo hat, you know, support the city," said Paul Posluszny from Penn State.

Stanford Quarterback Trent Edwards said he was looking for either a Sabres or Dodgers hat. "I'm from the San Jose area, so the Sharks already lost to the Red Wings last series. So now the Sabres are my team." But he admits it isn't going to be easy for the Sabres. He says he's looking forward to getting to know the people and getting involved in the community.

Stacey Thomas from Texas Southern was enjoying the tour. "I believe it's a good idea to give us a chance to see what the city is all about. I did hear some good things about Buffalo.
http://www.wgrz.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=48086

http://www.wgrz.com/video/vplayer.aspx?aid=27846&bw=

ParanoidAndroid
05-15-2007, 06:29 PM
Buffalo is a cool little city. It has culture and personality, not to mention a very low violent crime rate and a solid city school system.
When the cost of energy becomes too great to sustain suburban communities and the cities are reborn, Buffalo will be ready. It is guaranteed that Buffalo will be a very desireable location.
If you are shallow, like Willis McGahee, go live in Miami.

clumping platelets
05-15-2007, 10:32 PM
Buffalo is what YOU make of it..............I love it here :D

mikemac2001
05-16-2007, 12:46 AM
they all seemed bored about it...like me in 6th grade field trip

tampabay25690
05-16-2007, 07:42 AM
they all seemed bored about it...like me in 6th grade field trip

They take them for steak, why not ANCHOR BAR, DUFFS for wings...

Earthquake Enyart
05-16-2007, 07:44 AM
They really needed Thurm to lead this effort, not some gay Leadership Buffalo group. :down:

theanswer74
05-16-2007, 11:21 AM
LOL, that sucked.

PIZ
05-16-2007, 11:39 AM
Who was the guy with the yellow shirt?

raphael120
05-16-2007, 12:09 PM
So what did you learn unenthused rookie #4?

"uh...this...is good for...learn...city..."

Mad Bomber
05-16-2007, 12:16 PM
They look thrilled...
http://www.wgrz.com/imagepool/images/0751517338_WGRZROOKIESTOUR.jpg

Earthquake Enyart
05-16-2007, 12:19 PM
The guy in the white T shirt looks like he's crying.

patmoran2006
05-16-2007, 12:51 PM
Buffalo is a cool little city. It has culture and personality, not to mention a very low violent crime rate and a solid city school system.
When the cost of energy becomes too great to sustain suburban communities and the cities are reborn, Buffalo will be ready. It is guaranteed that Buffalo will be a very desireable location.
If you are shallow, like Willis McGahee, go live in Miami.
IM not sure if you're from Buffalo, live in Buffalo or used to; but Buffalo has become anything but a cool little city.

The school system has went to **** and and the academic rate is among the worst in the entire state. The city itself has seen its homicide rate increase heavily and it's getting more and more dangerous living in the city itself.

Don't get me wrong, there are far worse cities in America. And the suburbs (Tonawanda, Amherst, Clarence, Orchard Park) etc are some of the friendliest, nicest and safest places to live (In fact Amherst is the safest city in America). But the city itself is getting pitiful.

BillsFever21
05-16-2007, 12:51 PM
These guys are probably really unhappy now. They got drafted by a team that doesn't want to spend the money it takes to be an elite team and they are in a crappy city. Them guys just look so thrilled to be on that bus. They would rather be on the Bang Bus.

I'm sure Marshawn Lynch has got to be thrilled to leave SCA to Upstate NY.

BillsFever21
05-16-2007, 12:53 PM
Who is the guy in the white shirt? He looks like he is just saying to himself "oh my god how the hell did I end up here"

The Spaz
05-16-2007, 01:10 PM
If you don't like Buffalo or it's team ****ing leave and or get a new team.

Bulldog
05-16-2007, 01:13 PM

Yeah, I hear he's so upset that he's decided to move his mother up here, buy a house, and live in Buffalo year-round. He must be really pissed.

theanswer74
05-16-2007, 01:17 PM

Actually, Lynch is from Oakland. Oakland really is that great a city either. Lynch actually mentioned Canada in one of interviews, Im sure he has already had the Eric Moulds special up in Canada.

Mad Bomber
05-16-2007, 01:20 PM
http://www.wgrz.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=48086

http://www.wgrz.com/video/vplayer.aspx?aid=27846&bw=

They took the rookies on a tour of Paddock Chevrolet?

I'd be bored too.

deepslant
05-16-2007, 02:48 PM
It looks like a bachelor's party that just got the bad news the strippers aren't going to make it after all.
:blowup: