PDA

View Full Version : Is this the Sabres last run?

Bills232
05-15-2007, 07:32 PM
If the Sabres can't win with this team(or last years) I don't see how they can win in the next couple of years...

The Sabres should lose either Briere or Drury, and Vanek will want more money as well..

I know the Sabres have a great farm, but still..

Rangers and Pens will be even better, Senators already are better, and the Sabres may get worse..

I see it playing out like this next year

1.Penguins
2.Rangers
3.Senators
4.Carolina
5.Buffalo
6.Toronto
7.Devils
8.Tampa Bay

G Wolly
05-15-2007, 07:36 PM
Let go of Danny, keep Chris and do whatever is necessary to sign the young guys.

camelcowboy
05-15-2007, 07:40 PM
Is this the Sabres last run?

NO

JD
05-15-2007, 07:48 PM
Drop Kotalik, Spacek, Numminen, Briere, Kalinin and Roy.

Make some moves, make some good draft choices and I'm not worried about next year.. I see the next team as the team from last years playoffs (under the radar-good)

G Wolly
05-15-2007, 07:55 PM
Drop Kotalik, Spacek, Numminen, Briere, Kalinin and Roy.

Make some moves, make some good draft choices and I'm not worried about next year.. I see the next team as the team from last years playoffs (under the radar-good)

I think Numminen will let himself go, i'm sure he'll retire.

SabreEleven
05-15-2007, 09:50 PM
The Sabres will stay status quo...maybe sign one border line defenseman(like Spacek) to replace Numimmen, who I think will retire. But major house cleaning or major signing's is not the Sabres way.

Ebenezer
05-15-2007, 10:27 PM
the end of the run? no.

the end of being one of the better teams in the conference? yes.

depending on who they lose/sign - they will be hard pressed to break the top 6 next year

LABillsFan
05-15-2007, 11:11 PM
Hey, if this team can't win with these players, why would Briere or even Drury want to stay? It's a fair question that will need to be addressed if the FO doesn't make some changes to get them to the next level. They've made it to the ECF 2 years in a row with a few tweeks, but I think last years team was better. They really have to come up with a way to take it to the next level, because while Miller has been stupendous, you can't put a goaltender in that position night after night. Conklin is no Biron either.

Bills232
05-16-2007, 01:21 AM
Hey, if this team can't win with these players, why would Briere or even Drury want to stay? It's a fair question that will need to be addressed if the FO doesn't make some changes to get them to the next level. They've made it to the ECF 2 years in a row with a few tweeks, but I think last years team was better. They really have to come up with a way to take it to the next level, because while Miller has been stupendous, you can't put a goaltender in that position night after night. Conklin is no Biron either.

The Sabres just didn't look right the entire playoffs.. I think you guys will admit that..

Everyone thought I was nuts for wanting Buffalo in round 2 over Ottawa.. I saw a very beatable team vs the Islanders..

LABillsFan
05-16-2007, 01:23 AM
It started for me with that loss to the Pens towards the end of the season. Something about that home loss didn't sit well with me. It's been snowballing ever since.

Philagape
05-16-2007, 08:48 AM
After this year the Sabres will still be good but not great. Losing Briere or Drury will leave a huge hole. Ryan Miller has shown in this series that he's the franchise.

Typ0
05-16-2007, 09:17 AM
the team will be fine and very talented. Winning it all is a matter of peaking at the right time like we did last year. Stay competitive and try and put it together in the end. We're going to have our chances just like we do tonight.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
05-16-2007, 04:35 PM
If the Sabres can't win with this team(or last years) I don't see how they can win in the next couple of years...

The Sabres should lose either Briere or Drury, and Vanek will want more money as well..

I know the Sabres have a great farm, but still..

Rangers and Pens will be even better, Senators already are better, and the Sabres may get worse..

I see it playing out like this next year

1.Penguins
2.Rangers
3.Senators
4.Carolina
5.Buffalo
6.Toronto
7.Devils
8.Tampa Bay

:no:

How many times do I have to post this:

After the Sabres beat the Rangers in game 5 the OT game. Tom Golisano was down in the runway by the Sabres locker room and he said that the Sabres are focused on keeping Briere and Drury here for a very long time. He said that Zubrus was only a rental player and the Sabres are only focused on signing Briere and Drury right now. Briere is also on record saying before his arbitration hearing that he would take a paycut if a long term deal was made. Rangers will be down in the basement next season Jagr is over the hill, and Shanahan may return to Detroit. The Rangers should look at the Sabres instead of going out and signing superstars they should draft players and use their farm team and get younger. This is the new NHL you can no longer go out and buy superstars there's a salary cap. It's time for these Dinosaurs Chelios, Jagr, Shanahan etc. to hang them up the game has passed them by and let these young kids take over, and Please give me a break the Pens were just fighting to save their lives with the new arena deal. I'm not scared of the Penguins.

chernobylwraiths
05-16-2007, 04:42 PM
The Colts were done after they lost Edgerin James too.