PDA

View Full Version : Okay....so say Edwards continues to perform well

BILLSROCK1212
05-15-2007, 08:34 PM
If JP were to go down for a couple games and Edwards came in and played very well, and JP had just been playing average so far what do you do? Now I am rooting for JP but Edwards seems like he will be a starter in this league sooner or later.

Even if JP didn't go down but Edwards continued to perform well during practice and his stock rises and the coaching staff believes he could become a star and a better QB than JP but we are winning with JP....what happens? Do we take the risk and maybe start Edwards for a game or do we try and trade him and load up on picks or do we trade JP and take the risk by making Edwards our franchise QB.

I know this is all very confusing but by drafting arguable one of the top 3 QBs in the draft we created a QB controversy wether u want to believe it or not. I like this strategy by Marv in the long run because we can pick up a lot of picks for one of our QBs that are worth more than the 3rd round pick it costed us to draft Edwards.

Like I said this can be all very confusing but I am really looking forward to see who ends up being our franchise QB because right now JP is not set in stone is our franchise QB.

ublinkwescore
05-15-2007, 08:39 PM
If JP were to go down for a couple games and Edwards came in and played very well, and JP had just been playing average so far what do you do? Now I am rooting for JP but Edwards seems like he will be a starter in this league sooner or later.

Even if JP didn't go down but Edwards continued to perform well during practice and his stock rises and the coaching staff believes he could become a star and a better QB than JP but we are winning with JP....what happens? Do we take the risk and maybe start Edwards for a game or do we try and trade him and load up on picks or do we trade JP and take the risk by making Edwards our franchise QB.

I know this is all very confusing but by drafting arguable one of the top 3 QBs in the draft we created a QB controversy wether u want to believe it or not. I like this strategy by Marv in the long run because we can pick up a lot of picks for one of our QBs that are worth more than the 3rd round pick it costed us to draft Edwards.

Like I said this can be all very confusing but I am really looking forward to see who ends up being our franchise QB because right now JP is not set in stone is our franchise QB.

WHY THE HELL IS EVERYONE READING SO MUCH INTO THIS? IT'S NOT EVEN AGAINST STARTING D, WITH PADS ON - LET'S WAIT UNTIL JP GOES DOWN BEFORE WE WONDER ABOUT THIS STUFF.

gil
05-15-2007, 08:41 PM
"Continues to perform well"?

Throwing some nice passes in 7 on 7 rookie camp - that's what constitutes performing well?

Sorry, I know there's more to your post, but the premise is a bit flimsy (BTW, I hope the kid is good)

BILLSROCK1212
05-15-2007, 09:13 PM
I am not reading into anything....this is just my opinion, just so you know, no person in any FO is stupid enough to draft a player in the 3rd round to be a back up especially when you have other big needs....Marv just has a good cover up but he obviously isn't positive JP will be able to become the player those from the Donahoe era thought he could be....there is no risk to this anyway considering the amount of draft picks the Bills could get for Edwards in the future.

YardRat
05-15-2007, 09:16 PM
I think he needs to 'start' performing well before he 'continues' to.

Philagape
05-15-2007, 10:23 PM
If Edwards hadn't have been there at our pick, we wouldn't have taken a QB and this wouldn't have been manufactured into a bogus issue. JP had absolutely nothing to do with it.
People keep implying that Marv is against JP because he isn't a "Marv guy." But Marv wasn't around when Jim Kelly was drafted or when he started with the Bills. Marv isn't stupid enough to jettison a promising player because he didn't draft him. Will he dump Evans too?
Between that and assuming that Edwards is going to be any good, this is a typical fanboard non-issue.

BILLSROCK1212
05-15-2007, 10:26 PM
"Continues to perform well"?

Throwing some nice passes in 7 on 7 rookie camp - that's what constitutes performing well?

Sorry, I know there's more to your post, but the premise is a bit flimsy (BTW, I hope the kid is good)
i guess your right....i should rephrase the title to the thread

The Answer
05-15-2007, 10:53 PM
JP LOSMAN IS THE STARTER TROLLS!!!

~The Answer

Ebenezer
05-15-2007, 11:01 PM
cripes...one day of rookie camp and people are looking for a reason to get JP out of the way...

Voltron
05-15-2007, 11:18 PM
If "ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas

BILLSROCK1212
05-15-2007, 11:20 PM
cripes...one day of rookie camp and people are looking for a reason to get JP out of the way...
it was 3 days and anyway....i am not looking for JP to get out of the way....i'd love for him to be our franchise QB i am just bringing up some possibilities if something goes wrong

clumping platelets
05-15-2007, 11:42 PM
:dizzy:

Night Train
05-16-2007, 05:29 AM
Nall would be first in this season, if JP went down.

Edwards will have a clipboard surgically removed from his left hand in about a year.

Yasgur's Farm
05-16-2007, 05:59 AM
We like competition at the quarterback position, particularly for the 2nd. JP is our guy. You know, JP's our guy. We need some competition for Craig. We're really happy with Craig and what he's done and what we think he's going to do. But we couldn't pass this guy up. And at that position, just like any other position in this league, you need quality, you need depth... JP is our guy and we just like the competition behind him for the 2 and 3 spots, and we just need it... We need that depth.
Now you have 2 choices...
1) You can believe Coach Jouron and move on.
2) You can call Coach Jouron a liar and continue to create your own controversy.

X-Era
05-16-2007, 06:41 AM

JP is our starter. Jauron has stated it, Levy has stated it, JP has earned it, and no one else has the combination of experience and talent that he does on this team.

Jauron didnt suffer through a poor first half of last year, coming in each and every time and saying JP was still there starter, to then start a rookie after he finally started showing hope.

It may be fun to start making mountains out of molehills like an old wash woman, but we should keep in mind its just for fun and not reality.

X-Era
05-16-2007, 06:44 AM
I am not reading into anything....this is just my opinion, just so you know, no person in any FO is stupid enough to draft a player in the 3rd round to be a back up especially when you have other big needs....Marv just has a good cover up but he obviously isn't positive JP will be able to become the player those from the Donahoe era thought he could be....there is no risk to this anyway considering the amount of draft picks the Bills could get for Edwards in the future.

Dont fool yourself, theres plenty of front offices stupid enough to have a backup QB that was drafted very high...

JUST ASK THE FINS!!!!!!

Culpepper-1st round
Harrington-1st round

HHURRICANE
05-16-2007, 07:49 AM
Before everyone just dismisses this thread let's not forget that Marv and Dick weren't too sold on JP when they showed up. It wasn't like there was alot of debate on getting rid of all the TD era vets either.

JP played very well the last part of the season and he deserves every opportunity to take us to the next level. However, we'll see how patient everyone is when Lynch gets hit in the helmet or has to jump 20 feet into the air to catch a screen pass.

I think JP is going to be better this year because there are no more training wheels or limitations on his playbook but I'm not better than 70-80% at this point.

justasportsfan
05-16-2007, 09:28 AM
Rather than start another thread might as well post it here.

What if A-Train runs for 1,300 yds +10 td's and Lynch runs for another 900+5 td's and Wright runs for another 700 + 4 td's . Might as well move the team to LA , we're screwed.

patmoran2006
05-16-2007, 09:39 AM
I can only imagine if the Bills are like 1-4 how bad this is going to get. anyone remeber the first half of last season? Half the people, more than half were calling for Losman's head (including myself)

camelcowboy
05-16-2007, 10:50 AM
I know guys that have performed well seven on seven no pads, doesn't mean crap. Now if he looks good in training camp we are going to have some problems.

Mad Bomber
05-16-2007, 11:03 AM
Rob Johnson was a great QB in practice. Time (and real game experience) will tell with Edwards. Let's hope he isn't suffering from shell shock from the beating he took at Stanford.

camelcowboy
05-16-2007, 11:07 AM
Rob Johnson was a great QB in practice. Time (and real game experience) will tell with Edwards. Let's hope he isn't suffering from shell shock from the beating he took at Stanford. Bledsoe was amazing at practice enought said.

Yasgur's Farm
05-16-2007, 11:17 AM
Before everyone just dismisses this thread let's not forget that Marv and Dick weren't too sold on JP when they showed up.That just reinforces how entrenched JP is as the starter... For Jouron to to say "JP is our guy" on many occasions between the end of last season until now... After Fairchild admitted that at the beginning of last training camp "we didn’t believe JP was the guy" speaks very loudly to me.